T@b on a lift?

Can my 2016 t@b 320cs be put on a regular car lift (like in a garage repair shop) to perform service work? Thanks!

Comments

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,678
    I suspect the answer is a no, but, please send an inquiry to nucamp: help@nucamprv.com
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • MaxcampMaxcamp Member Posts: 265
    edited August 2023
    I looked into this a while back at my local mechanic shop.

A custom crossbar would be  needed on lift to securely pick up front tongue area and secure from any swiveling motion. 

The two thin short vertical steel blades that constitute the only acceptable lift points,  behind the wheels, constitute a major challenge to any hoisting effort.
    The geometry of  commercial auto lifts would not pick up these blades and still clear the tires.

I welded up a jig for secure hoisting of entire camper rear on a pair of housejacks, but not tongue.

Surely RV manufacturers, and some large repair shops, have obtained or fabricated the necessary jigs, likely brand-specific.  Let us know if you find or make something!

See
    https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/17160/trailer-jacking-rig-tubesteel-fabrication#Comment_199326

2021 T@B 320S Boondock/ 2012 Tacoma 4 cylinder truck / 2023 Tacoma 6 cyl. truck