Options

Sales must be slipping!

berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,010
You know sales must be slipping if NuCamp is offering a rebate! I think the RV market across the board is starting to struggle a bit. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcqlccj3CE4
2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
Leadville Colorado

Comments

• Options
    Grumpy_GGrumpy_G Member Posts: 453
    Maybe not coincidentally the only decent RV dealer around here has sold to CampingWorld  :| . Today I get a spam email from CW advertising 28 million $ of markdowns on over 8000 used RVs. "Josh the RV nerd" has good market info. 
  • Options
    RMoRMo Member Posts: 147
    Grumpy_G said:
    Maybe not coincidentally the only decent RV dealer around here has sold to CampingWorld  :| . Today I get a spam email from CW advertising 28 million $ of markdowns on over 8000 used RVs. "Josh the RV nerd" has good market info. 
    Here’s a link to Josh the RV Nerd’s latest take on the market: https://youtu.be/oVsL1rcqYiQ 

2019 T@B 400
    2017 Highlander Limited
  • Options
    manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,199
    Weird it’s a flat $1500 off all models. You’d think it would be a percentage of MSRP. Otherwise you’re getting a lot of a T@G vs a 400. 
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • Options
    Rebates can act is a few different ways.  Most manufacturer rebates, say from automobiles, are actually just payments that are given to the buyer.  They can apply it to the cost of the vehicle, or have it given to them in the form of a check.  Most dealers do not explain this and just apply it automatically to make it look like they are giving you a good deal.  Negotiate first then apply the rebate to that price if you want. If so then the manufacturer sends the money to the dealer.  It's not coming out of their pocket.  I do not know the details of the NuCamp rebate but it does say instant rebate.  From that I assume it is applied directly to the price of the trailer.  But again it is not coming out of the dealers pocket.  NuCamp will be sending it to the dealer.  Negotiate hard then apply the rebate.  I bet you can negotiate the price of a 400 down more than that of a T@g.  However the rebate on both is the same.   I know our local dealer still has three 2022 400s on the lot.  Things are really slowing down and if you negotiate hard I bet some good deals can be had.  
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,199
    The problem is that the dealer is going to offer up the rebate first and use that as incentive for the buyer. So no matter how much you try to negotiate the rebate is always going to be attached.

I bought our Tacoma right at the start of the pandemic. They couldn't get inventory off their lot faster and we're offering steeply discounted prices plus a manufacturer rebate. I ended up getting what I think is a decent deal but a few days after I bought it I noticed they had increased the rebate by $500. I was able to have my sales guy cut me a check for the remainder.

Luck played a big part. Otherwise all of the dealers I contacted were acknowledging that rebate upfront.
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • Options
    They certainly will off the rebate first, which is fine.  Just let them know that you know how they work and the fact they take $1500 off the MSRP immediately does not mean they are giving you a deal.  NuCamp is giving the Dealer the $1500 so it's not money out of their pocket.   I also bought our truck in March 2020, a week before they shut down for covid, got the deal of my life.  It's becoming another good time to negotiate with the dealers.
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    kottumkottum Member Posts: 226
    It will always be the "out-the-door" price that matters, the amount you actually write the check for.  Rabates are just another item for them to manipulate the final price.

Rebates are often (usually) tied to something else, loan interest rate for example.  

$1500 is typically the amount dealers will take off the price of a Nucamp if you take a loan through them, instead of paying cash.  The lender gives them a kickback for arranging financing through them.
    Douglas and Cheryl both Navy Retired
    2022 Tab 320s Boondock/2021 Honda Ridgeline BE
    Minnesota and Arizona
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,509
    The dealer inventory is not moving.  They must be putting pressure on nuCamp.  Nice incentive, but may not be enough.  I am sure other manufacturers are doing the same.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    klengerklenger Member Posts: 307
    Unfortunately, the rebate only applies to dealer stock, and the dealers typically don't stock the TAB 400 with the lithium option.
    T@B 320 manuals and electrical drawings
    Considering a 2023 TaB 400 with the full Lithium option, 
    2022 Jeep Gladiator High Altitude, Tow Package.  
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    klenger said:
    Unfortunately, the rebate only applies to dealer stock, and the dealers typically don't stock the TAB 400 with the lithium option.
    I habe seen a few dealers in the Ohio and PA markets stocking with lithium packages.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    bjn2bjn2 Member Posts: 86
    The rebate on our 2023 pushed us into a new 320s BD vs. buying a used one we were considering. 
    Utah-based
    2023 T@B 320 S Boondock