Options

Outlets all of a sudden not working inside...

2»

Comments

• Options
    rfuss928rfuss928 Member Posts: 941
    edited July 2023
    Pattie57 said:
    rfuss928, it goes to the fuse box. I flipped the AC breakers on and off; didn't solve the problem.
    That white wire is the only 120v AC circuit coming out of your power center (what you refer to as the fuse box).  The device at the other end is the first place you  should look for AC power.  In every DM T@B I have been exposed to that has been a GFCI outlet.   What is that wire powering?

• Options
    Pattie57Pattie57 Member Posts: 37
    Grumpy_G, yes I disconnected both battery cable and I made sure I put them back on the same way; I double checked before putting the negative on. I have checked to see if the power is coming through the cord and it is. I even tried it with a different 'dog bone' connector.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    EUREKA! I believe I have found the problem! When a few of you wonderful people mentioned outside power, I figured I would double check the power cord connection into the trailer thinking maybe it was not connected tight enough. When I looked I remembered that there was some fraying so I pulled out the power cord from my other trailer, a Quicksilver 6.0 pop-up tent trailer, and attached it to the T@B, went inside and checked the lights and fan and they work!!!! I didn't think much about the fraying because the wires inside looked fine but there must be just enough wear on them to mess things up! Next step is to go and buy more fuses to replace the 30A fuse.

• Options
    @rfuss928 , thank you for your suggestion...see my previous post!
  • Options
    Grumpy_GGrumpy_G Member Posts: 465
    Yes disconnect the battery before replacing the fuse. It shouldn't be needed but given that last time you tried to replace the fuse it popped during the process it might be wise to do so. 
  • Options
    @Grumpy_G I googled that and found out that would be best, thank you!  I so appreciate your help and all the others' help as well. Btw, I forgot to mention in my post above that as well as the lights and fan working, the outlets work now as well! =)