Options

Screen Door

I have searched this forum regarding a new screen door for my 2021 T@B 320S.  I have found many posts about re-stringing an existing door, however I have a small tear in my screen.  I'm still waiting for a response from 2 dealers...but...I'd really like to get this moving.  
Has anyone successfully ordered (and received) a new replacement screen door assembly for a 320?  I was told by NuCamp that the screen cannot be replaced, so a complete new door will be required.  I also found out that the original Horrex door is no longer available and that NuCamp is now using a Lippert door.  Still making calls and inquiries, but any help would be appreciated.  
Thank you in advance!

Comments

• Options
    MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,505
    I have an older T@B that came with a horrible screen with a zipper in the middle. As a temporary measure I modified a “magic mesh” style door and three years later I’m really happy with it and I wouldn’t take the new style door if I could get it for free. Just something to consider. 

San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • Options
    AnOldURAnOldUR Member Posts: 1,288
    edited July 2023
    Like @Marceline, we had a magnetic screen while doing some mods/repairs. We now have the factory screen reinstalled, but I do miss the other one. If we're not careful, it's easy to mess up the original screen door. It's best to use two hands to be sure it stays parallel. Between that and having a dog, we often just leave it open. If you have a dog they can push there way in and out of the magnetic screen and it reattaches behind them (most of the time) without damage.
    Stockton, New Jersey
    2020 nuCamp T@B 320S * Jeep Wrangler

• Options
    Basil48192Basil48192 Member Posts: 266
    Thanks!  I've been considering the magnetic type as well.  My little dog is the reason I'm looking for a replacement!  A squirrel was taunting him outside!
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,435
    edited July 2023
    Having restrung my door--twice--I can confirm that the Horrex "screen pack" is a separate component. Replacing it, however, would require restringing the door.
    That, of course, assumes you could get the part. A couple members have posted direct sources for Horrex parts--here's one you could try.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,506
    If it is a small tear, consider repairing it with some mesh.  I repaired a couple small holes in our side tent screen using no-see-‘‘em fabric and fine nylon or polyester thread.  Holding up just fine.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    Basil48192Basil48192 Member Posts: 266
    Thank you to everyone for your comments!  I'll update the forum with any information I find.  Thanks again!