Options

Blind String

Anybody know where I can purchase blind replacement string for my 2023 T@B BD? As in the product manufacturer or grade of replacement? One of my white strings broke.

Please don’t respond contact Dealer or NuCamp.

Comments

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,435
    There are online sources of RV blind cord. The first page of this discussion offers a couple links, but be sure to note my experience with the cord I ordered. If it were me I'd go with the monofilament. I don't know the specs or source of the OEM window cord--nuCamp might, but I won't say it...  ;-)
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,596
    edited August 2023
    MarineFriend said:
    . . . Please don’t respond contact Dealer or nüCamp.

Sorry, but asking nüCamp Tech Support (service) if they know the string specification might be helpful.

These Window Shades are a EU product and as far as I know there are no North America retail 'repair parts' depots . . . just folks that sell the complete assembly to RV builders.  See @ScottG reply above it has a 'possible cord' link

In addition to asking nüCamp Support . . . believe the shades are produced by Horrex Corporation.

You might use their web-question-form to Ask what Type's of string are acceptable replacements. (( size, material, ??, specifications. ))

Horrex Web Contact

Also, there are several Window Shade Repair threads on this forum, you might use the search and see if someone else has had your issue or found a part/product solution.

Please do POST some progress and the final success updates ;)

'18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    MarineFriendMarineFriend Member Posts: 12
    edited September 2023
    Thanks, I’ll look into these sources. 

And I have already asked NuCamp. They had no answer for me.

<update>
    NuCamp said that the string is 1.7 mm in diameter. That’s helpful.

The manufacturer received my inquiry, no response yet.

It would be so nice if I could get the original string so it slides and provides resistance the same the other 3 strings already installed.

But I’m am still looking for a suitable substitute. Can’t find leader string with a braid and 1.7 mm diameter yet. The search continues.
  • Options
    I wish somebody published a parts list. I didn’t get anywhere from the above. Waiting on Horrex reply.

Didn’t find any other threads.

Anybody have a link for monofilament. All I find is fishing wire when I google it.

thanks!
  • Options
    I see what you’re talking about now with the leader line. But I can only find “clear” monofilament line. I’m sure I need the “cloth” covered, 

could you be so kind as to provide me an Amazon link to purchase. Or any other link if not Amazon. And this is for the window, not screen door. Not sure if there is a difference.

Thanks! And big help by the way.
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,435
    I used "clear" 60lb monofilament fishing line to fix my door. I'm not aware of a cloth-covered version, but if there is such a thing I would be concerned about the cloth fraying.

I also don't know if it makes a difference that you are repairing a window rather than a door. The basic function of the string seems similar in both cases.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    rh5555rh5555 Member Posts: 488
    For the windows, I think all you need is 1.2mm lift shade cord like this.  There's nothing fancy about it.
    Roger and Sue Hill | 2020 T@B400 Boondock (Cryst@bel) | 2022 Land Rover Defender 110 - P400 | San Juan Island, WA
  • Options
    The current strings are mesh in design. Not sure why the specs are hidden from the public.
  • Options
    SlackersSlackers Member Posts: 419
    I also used a monofilament fishing line on my window blind repair.  I believe it was a 50lb test. You can't go wrong going with the heavier test line because of strength and the line is easier to see during assembly and use.
    2019 Tab 320 CSS, 2019 Ranger TV, OH
  • Options
    Original string that subsequently broke when the tech tightened up my system. I tried to put the 2 white strings back in place and it may have been the tool I used that helped fray the original string that broke shortly after re-insertion.