Options

Our new tent...

dmassey321dmassey321 Member Posts: 6
edited October 2016 in Products and Accessories
Thought I would post some pics of our new living room.  So far we really like the tent a lot.  

Note:  This photo was re-sized by a forum moderator.  Please stay within our photo guidelines when posting pics to the forum area.  

Attached photos should be approximately 800 pixels wide maximum for landscape photos and 600 pixels tall for any vertical shots you post. 
1.jpg 151.3K

Comments

• Options
    WVWandererWVWanderer Member Posts: 12
    Nice!  Curiously, does the tent fit snug up against the trailer?
    Jeep Wrangler Unlimited & soon to be Outback
    Pittsburgh, PA
  • Options
    dmassey321dmassey321 Member Posts: 6
    Yes it does.  There is an apron that feeds into the lower keedar rails that then velcros to the bottom of the tent.  It keeps the bugs out nicely...but, you can't use the pull out step and need a small foot stool to make entry/exit easier.  It was quite easy to set up and take down too.  Best part of all was the ability to get dressed in the morning without having to have my head cocked over to one side!  We set up two chairs and a table and were able to take our meals bug free too.  We talked about it being easier if we also got the XL visor but after using as a dressing room, I have nixed that idea.  We did not have any moisture this weekend so not too sure about it's overall ability to stay dry in the rain...but my guess is there would be the potential for some water to get in.  We also purchased the rug that shows constantly being sold out on the T@B store and it was fantastic.  It feels like a throw blanket (you know the kind that are a dime a dozen) on one side and has a more neoprene surface on the bottom.  It's a little big for the tent...but was easy fold under the extra.  I highly recommend it.
  • Options
    TweedrvrTweedrvr Member Posts: 122
    I have the tent also and agree with dmassey321 that it's setup was easy. I did have to close up the side windows during some light rain due to the slight slope of the sides and it did get a little muggy but the showers were quick. Here are some pics of my unit
  • Options
    TweedrvrTweedrvr Member Posts: 122
    Hit the wrong button. We used an old quilt for a rug. Had a Coleman cot, 2 chairs and table inside. Worked very well.
  • Options
    DurangoTaBDurangoTaB Member Posts: 754
    Although we use our large visor about half the time now, we really appreciate the luxury of our tent like yours (and the same table)!

J.D. & Sue

Durango, CO    2014/15 S M@xx :  "Dory's HabiT@B"  Keep on swimming...

• Options
    SnapDogSnapDog Member Posts: 53
    Tweedrvr said:
    Hit the wrong button. We used an old quilt for a rug. Had a Coleman cot, 2 chairs and table inside. Worked very well.
    I know this is an old post, but this set-up looks exactly like what I'm hoping to do, except I'd probably need a heater. Anybody know if there is a small heater that would be save inside the side tent? I've seen a few heaters specifically for tents, but they seem a bit too NASA for me. I just want a quiet, warm, early morning cup of coffee while the rest of the household sleeps.
    Sn@pDog, 2017 Outback, Silver w/black trim
  • Options
    RamrodRamrod Member Posts: 164
    I just bought the tent. What is the best footprint to use?
  • Options
    dmerzbacdmerzbac Member Posts: 289
    The only one I know of is one sold by PahaQue for $49.

2017 T@b 320 - 'Smokey'  2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport - 'B@ndit'
    Dave - Tuscaloosa, Al

• Options
    MudsharkMudshark Member Posts: 21
    SnapDog said:
    Tweedrvr said:
    I know this is an old post, but this set-up looks exactly like what I'm hoping to do, except I'd probably need a heater. Anybody know if there is a small heater that would be save inside the side tent? I've seen a few heaters specifically for tents, but they seem a bit too NASA for me. I just want a quiet, warm, early morning cup of coffee while the rest of the household sleeps.
    I use a small inexpensive ceramic heater with a built in fan and a tilt safety switch for morning or evening cold spells. We got caught up in some 40 degree mornings a couple of weeks ago and it worked great. I would never leave it unattended, but the housing stays cool and I leave a corner of the window flap open.
    2016 T@b M@x CS-S White with black trim. 2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4. White Lake Mi.
  • Options
    webers3webers3 Member Posts: 404
    edited October 2016
    Tent, chairs, table, mat, grill, steps, etc.... How do you haul all this stuff? I am thinking small camper (T@B), small TV. Prospective buyer just wondering ;) 
    2017 T@B 320S   2019 Jeep Cherokee - Southern Connecticut
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,513
    We are going to tow with a minivan- lots of room for stuff, but you can stash a lot inside the Tab, too.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    RamrodRamrod Member Posts: 164
    I carry a ton of stuff with me. Literally a ton. Mercedes Benz Metris minivan has a 5000 lb tow rating
  • Options
    rfuss928rfuss928 Member Posts: 939
    Less is more!!!  We are travelers that have used campgrounds for accommodations for many, many years.  The less time spent setting up and packing is more time at our destination.  We chose our CS because it has nearly every thing we need built in.  The built in storage has more than enough room for all our stuff without leaving anything in the living space.  A couple of plastic totes and duffle bags in the back of our SUV carry extra food and clothes.  Other than hooking up water and electric when available we will put up an awning or visor and a 6x9 patio mat if we are staying a few days.  Being ready to use as soon as we are parked is an important "feature" to our style of travel.

• Options
    Mr_Mrs_GnomeMr_Mrs_Gnome Member Posts: 241
    SnapDog said:
    Tweedrvr said:
    @SnapDog, electric or propane? For propane, we use a Mr. Heater Little Buddy that uses 1lb propane canisters.
    '17 Outback S - TV 2016 Chevy Colorado in "Colorful Colorado"
  • Options
    SnapDogSnapDog Member Posts: 53
    @Mr_Mrs_Gnome, I was originally thinking propane and Little Buddy looks perfect! Thanks for the suggestion. And it's available at Amazon CA. My concern would be gas in a small space but it says it is indoor safe. A ceramic heater as suggested would work if we have electric but I don't now how often that will happen. We're used to camping in the bush with no services but we've never camped with a railer before so I have no idea if we'll be able to do that much any more. 
    Sn@pDog, 2017 Outback, Silver w/black trim
  • Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    We have a propane catalytic heater for emergency heat and tried it in our T@B awning last trip. It generates quite a bit of heat and would have worked fine if we had had the front wall. It does go thru propane quickly - a one pound tank in 4-5 hours on the high setting.
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Photomom - When using my grill to bake, I find the canisters last about that long (4hrs)