Options

Purpleline Enduro trailer mover - clearance too low?

I’m looking for comments on how a Purpleline Enduro trailer mover was installed on our 2022 TAB 400 Boondock. I got this because I’m just not getting the hang of backing up the trailer and seeing a lot of good comments on this Forum. Functionally the mover works great. My concern is the motor and rotor hang down way below the body with just 5 inches of ground clearance:

The installer said this was because of how the frame is positioned on the TAB 400. I’m concerned this could be damaged on just a moderately rough road or even a speed bump. Has anyone else had this mover installed on a 400? Any comments on the clearance? 

Bubbles - 2022 T@B 400 Boondock
Tug - 2021 F-150 4x4 Hybrid

Comments

• Options
    DaveCDaveC Member Posts: 81
    I installed the Quattro Rhodium on my 2023 400. Had to cut the trim, but have good clearance.
    2017 T@B 320 Outback 2023 400 BD (IdahoTabato) pushing a 2023 Volvo XC90
  • Options
    rh5555rh5555 Member Posts: 488
    Looks to me like it got installed upside-down.
    This is a picture from the Purpleline website:
    Roger and Sue Hill | 2020 T@B400 Boondock (Cryst@bel) | 2022 Land Rover Defender 110 - P400 | San Juan Island, WA
  • Options
    rh5555rh5555 Member Posts: 488
    @DMattern - did you ever get any resolution on this?
    Roger and Sue Hill | 2020 T@B400 Boondock (Cryst@bel) | 2022 Land Rover Defender 110 - P400 | San Juan Island, WA
  • Options
    Dame_plumeDame_plume Member Posts: 75
    Does anybody have the Enduro or Quattro on a non Boondock 320S.  My trailer is in storage for the winter and I want to order one from Purple Line USA.  I am not sure that the clearance on a non Boondock is enough for either.  And since my trailer is in storage, I can not even check the clearance myself.  
    Sylvie and Mike, Ontario, Canada / 2020 Tab 320S (Charlie) / 2021 Chevrolet Colorado LT (V6) Enhanced Towing Package
    "The only place where you start at the top is when you dig a hole"
  • Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,494
    @Dame_plume, @Homebodyatheart had one installed on her non-Boondock, but I’m not sure if hers is the Enduro or Quattro. Hopefully she’ll see this soon and can reply. I *think* it was an Enduro. We’ve also had owners with Enduros on older CS and Tada trailers, which obviously do not have the clearance of a Boondock.
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    Thanks @VictoriaP, To me it would be such a waste of money getting it to Canada, pay the duties at the border, to find out that it does not fit.  I am not supposed to know, but I think that Santa is going to order it if I get a positive reply from @Homebodyatheart
    Sylvie and Mike, Ontario, Canada / 2020 Tab 320S (Charlie) / 2021 Chevrolet Colorado LT (V6) Enhanced Towing Package
  • Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,494
    @Dame_plume I know she loves hers. I love mine, and consider it worth every cent if there’s a need for it. Not everyone needs it; I’m disabled, solo, and have a very annoying parking situation at home where even people who drive trailers for a living have said, “wait, how did you get that trailer in there?!”, so I literally wouldn’t even try to do without it.  But I do have the additional clearance, so I’m no help there!

If it doesn’t work out for you, I know we have a few owners with various TrailerValet models that have worked well. Some of these don’t require installation, but also aren’t practical to haul along, so they’re really meant to aid in parking at home only. If you’re dealing with a steep driveway though, you’ll need to measure the slope. I found their models weren’t viable for my situation, whereas the Enduro simply chugs right uphill.
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    @VictoriaP We have a 90 degree turn to reach a narrow space between a container and the posts of our carport, as well as a step up from gravel to asphalt under the carport making it hard to pin to the truck without taking it out of the carport.  Also, I am totally "parking disabled".  I was never able to back up a trailer, even the smallest utility one. I do have a trailer valet, which I am getting rid of because it does not work in our situation.  The pneumatic tires slip too much on loose gravel.  I am praying for the Purple Line movers to fit my T@b.

• Options
    rfuss928rfuss928 Member Posts: 930
    The Purpleline movers would not work on my UT (CS-S special) because of frame outriggers right behind each tire among other suspected clearance issues so I ended up with a Trailer Valet RV3.  
    It works very well on my gravel and concrete driveways including the steps between the different surfaces.  The area is generally level.  It allows me to pull my trailer into a very tight storage shed nose first.  It's easy to use for moving my other trailers also.  Very satisfied. 
    We do not bring it traveling - never felt the need.  I know of folks that carry one in the back of their truck.
    IOM - Comparable performance and maneuverability to tire driving types I've seen.  Cost is similar also although it doesn't require the installation expense.

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,497
    @Dame_plume I absolutely love my Enduro! I have a 2017 320S so I’m low to the ground anyway. I’ve never had it hit the ground no matter where I have gone. I don’t go out trekking or intentionally off roading, just the normal roads and campgrounds, driveways. While my shed for Bug is flat ground, I have extremely limited clearance on top and sides. I was also developing spine and disc issues and my Purple Line Enduro was cheaper than surgery and time off work. @VictoriaP had suggested that I have it shipped to the location where it would be installed, a really great suggestion! It comes in two boxes, well packed and heavy. You hopefully can find someone who knows how to install these. I didn’t, but I negotiated a cap on the installation charges with my local RV service department. I gave the service manager the link to the installation video, plus others that are helpful. I also had spoken with the owner of Purple Line who gave me his cell number for the service manager to call him directly with any questions or concerns. Somewhere in their information it states an installation time of four hours max, so my bill was capped at four hours because they had never installed these and I wasn’t about to pay for their learning curve if I didn’t have to. Best of luck with your decision!

2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options

2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    @Homebodyatheart If and when you have a chance, would it be possible for you to post a photo of the Enduro installed.  Is it in the back of the wheel?  And please, let me know the distance to the ground after installation.  Big thank you !
  • Options
    @Homebodyatheart.  Wow!  Even thighter space than mine!  I also have a 90 degree angle to turn on a narrow road to get to my spot.
    I noted your "escape pod" mention.  Trekkie like me?
  • Options
    @Dame_plume, not a Trekkie, just my escape from stressful situations. I’ve met new camping friends, including a group of local women who camp together once a month from April into September, been to new places, and have loved every minute of it from when I brought Ladybug, “Bug” home April 7, 2017. I leave everyone home except my dog and love every minute of it! Bug is my first trailer!
    ( picture to follow…)
  • Options
    @Homebodyatheart. This is exactly my intention: to go away from it all, with my cat. I like camping more than Mike and intend to go with and without him.  Since I am a big zero to park as well, the Enduro will change my life.