Options

Joocla Outdoor Shower Tent Mounted on T@B 320S

AnOldURAnOldUR Member Posts: 1,288
edited December 2023 in Products and Accessories
This is interesting. Wondering how hard it would be attaching to the side of a T@B.

https://www.joolca.com/products/ensuite-mounted-single#

Stockton, New Jersey
2020 nuCamp T@B 320S * Jeep Wrangler

Comments

• Options
    bjn2bjn2 Member Posts: 86
    I can't think of a way to mount it without putting some kind of bracket on the side of the trailer. It hadn't occurred to me that we could use our outhouse/shower privacy tent with the outside shower. I'd probably need to add some extension tubing to make that work well, but it could be staked close to the trailer with the door tied back.
    Utah-based
    2023 T@B 320 S Boondock
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    I agree @bjn2. It would take a bit of engineering and overcoming fears of adding mounting holes, but it has potential.
    Stockton, New Jersey

• Options
    edited December 2023
    The Joolca got here yesterday (12/13/23). Very happy with the quality of the build. Our T@B is in a heated attached garage, but it's a one car, so not a lot of room to work on the outside of the trailer. Very anxious to see how this works out.
    Stockton, New Jersey

• Options
    edited December 2023
    Haven't decided on mounting location on our 320S. If it's close to the back there would be access to the water valves, but it would block the window and more importantly the Alde exhaust. Towards the front over the baths porthole window is probably the best place. Open to opinions.

Can someone point me to or post pictures of the wall framing on the drivers side? I have a lot of factory tour pictures and others from the forum, but none show the structure on that side.
    Stockton, New Jersey

• Options
    edited December 2023
    AnOldUR said:

Can someone point me to or post pictures of the wall framing on the drivers side? I have a lot of factory tour pictures and others from the forum, but none show the structure on that side.
    I've only seen the ready-to-assemble Azdel sidewalls in factory videos. There's aluminum in the sandwich around the edges of the wall, the door and windows, but I've not seen if they include anything for the interface with interior structure. From various posts, it sounds like there aren't "studs" in the sidewalls. This video of laminating a Coachmen panel is as close to a clue as I could find. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqdjZgib8D4

I think you'd need to figure out where your cabinets and the bathroom wall are relative to your target installation spot and prepare to use a backer plate on the inside of the wall for your fasteners. 

You could potentially see where any aluminum is by using an infrared camera.
    Utah-based
    2023 T@B 320 S Boondock
  • Options
    @AnOldUR, I had a thought. Could you use the Keder rail to mount your ensuite shower? I'm picturing a pair of metal bars that drop down from the Keder to the height you want to mount the shower. The top of the bars could mount to the Keder rail via a barrel nut. I probably would remove the shower for travel mounted this way, but it might not be to much hassle to just slide the shower assembly into place when you need it.
    Utah-based
    2023 T@B 320 S Boondock
  • Options
    That's a good thought @bjn2. I've been debating whether to make it removable, but hadn't thought to use the keder rail. I am leaning more toward a permanent installation, but that idea has potential. Our T@B is in a heated one car garage. There's not a lot of room to do work on the exterior, and it's too cold to work outside. I moved things around and angled the trailer so might try to tackle it tomorrow. Now all I need is a solid plan.
    Stockton, New Jersey

• Options
    edited December 2023
    Went ahead with the permanent mount. Got the plate attached to the drivers side while still in the garage, but moved it outside today to get an idea of how it would look. There's a roof covering that's not pulled across in the pictures. Looking forward to using it, but will have to wait for it to warm up first. Hopeful that someone finds this useful if they are looking into a project like this.

Custom mounting plate attached to drivers side with three 5/16-18 flat head bolts. Four additional tapped holes are for bolting on the tent.

Two of the bolts came out inside of the upper cupboard.

The third bolt is in the bath, but I found a good cover to use as a towel hook.
    Stag head from Jagermeister shot glass

Driveway view of the shower tent.

Sets up in less than a minute. For this picture the top cover and front overhang not in place. The rails have Velcro on top to hold the cover in place on windy days.

Stockton, New Jersey

• Options
    @AnOldUR looks like a nice design...well done!
    Utah-based
    2023 T@B 320 S Boondock
  • Options
    YanniLazarusYanniLazarus Member Posts: 345
    ... really nice job. I do love that you got the shower hook to be right on the vinyl batten strip. 
    Yanni Lazarus 2020 T@B320S, 2018 RAV4 Adventure, Central CT
  • Options
    ... I do love that you got the shower hook to be right on the vinyl batten strip. 
    We all get lucky once in a while. I was happy that I didn't drill through something important. =)

Stockton, New Jersey