Options

'23 TAB 400 heater ?

I was under the impression our TAB 400 had heater strips in addition to the heat pump.  I have tried the furnace function on our Dometic thermostat and nothing happens.  So are the heat options just the Alde and the heat pump?

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,497
    Yes.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    MickerlyMickerly Member Posts: 354
    The Alde works very nice.
    2018 320CS-S
    "Just Enough"
  • Options
    elbolilloelbolillo Member Posts: 297
    We have never used the heat pump function. The Alde heating has worked great when we have needed it, which isn’t that often.
    BinghiBinghi Member Posts: 269
    We use the heat pump as a back-up in the event of an Alde failure.
    2021 400 BD / 2016 VW Touareg / Austin, TX
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,497
    I think the heat pump is more for spring and fall type cold.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    Kevin_KKevin_K Member Posts: 28
    Unless something changed from 2021, there is an option on the control panel for heat pump, but the air con doesn’t have one installed. At least per my manual. Only option is Alde, wether you use electric or propane to operate it.
    2021 Tab400 boondock, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
  • Options
    HammickHammick Member Posts: 70
    Kevin_K said:
    Unless something changed from 2021, there is an option on the control panel for heat pump, but the air con doesn’t have one installed. At least per my manual. Only option is Alde, whether you use electric or propane to operate it.
    Yes our '23 has the heat pump.  I don't know how I got the heat strips in my head.  Must have been from the Airstream Basecamp we looked at before buying the TAB 400.  Thanks for all the replies.
  • Options
    NorthIsUpNorthIsUp Member Posts: 170
    The bathroom of our 2019 400 has a heated floor in the bathroom that gets its heat from the Aldi. When the Aldi is heating the main cabin, it's also heating the bathroom floor. I would think that the newer 400's do the same.
    Could that be what you were thinking about? 
    Jean & Arnie  No. Nevada
    2019 T@B 400 BL
    2021 Toyota Sequoia 4WD

• Options
    HammickHammick Member Posts: 70
    NorthIsUp said:
    The bathroom of our 2019 400 has a heated floor in the bathroom that gets its heat from the Aldi. When the Aldi is heating the main cabin, it's also heating the bathroom floor. I would think that the newer 400's do the same.
    Could that be what you were thinking about? 
    Nope.  First I've heard of the heated floor but good to know.  I'm pretty sure I confused it with the heat strips in the Airstream Basecamp.