Options

We are BACK !

B0atguyB0atguy Member Posts: 188
edited April 5 in Introductions
Well, its been a while ! We finally pulled the trigger on another new NuCamp , and couldn't be happier to have that "NuCamp" quality back again .
Long story short .......years ago, we begrudgingly sold our 2019 320s , because it was just getting a little too small for us. Ever since we have missed it . We were never really in favor of the 400 model , and longingly hoped NuCamp would eventually come out with a new model like a "500" or something similar , but not as large as the Avia . Guess that ain't happening ! We finally caved and will make a 400 work for us. The newer 2024 model , with the updated dinette , wet-bath , etc. is pretty spectacular . To be honest , we just miss that NuCamp quality , fit and finish , look , etc . We have been though SEVERAL new campers since selling our 320 .......and they are all (mostly all) ........crap ! Most of these RV manufacturers should be ashamed of what they are producing. We couldnt take the lack of quality any longer , and are back to NuCamp ! 
Just purchased a 2024 T@B 400 BD . Just the traditional dinette model , because we didn't really need the bunk model . They have really gone up in price the last few years ! But all RV's have really , and at least with NuCamp , we feel like we are getting tremendous value for our money spent ! 

Anyway , glad to be back ! Looking forward to many years of enjoying our NuCamp ......again ! 
Should be picking her up next week ! 
Will prob be asking a few questions soon . Its been a while since we had our 320 ! I even have to re-learn how to use the Alde , lol ! 
Boatguy 

2023 Ford F150 Sport 3.5 Ecoboost 
2024 NuCamp T@B 400 BD,  Grey / White 
2016 Ford Transit 350 XLT - Adventure / Travel Van / 320s interior !
2019 NuCamp T@B 320s Grey / Black - SOLD 

Comments

• Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,670
    Well, welcome back!
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,506
    Welcome back!  The quality speaks for itself.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,008
    Yay!!! Congrats!  Just curious what other trailers you went through on your journey back to NuCamp?
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357
    edited April 6
    Welcome back! In five months, I'll have owned my 2016 Outback for NINE YEARS!  Wouldn't dream of trading it in on another brand.  I absolutely love this trailer and the company that stands behind it.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    HammickHammick Member Posts: 70
    Congrats and welcome back!  We are very familiar with "crap" having owned two different Forest River toy haulers.  The last one was the Stealth model that had a large "Made in the USA" decal by the entry door.  I was tempted to write Warren Buffet a letter telling him he'd have much better quality if he moved production to China.  The microwave ended up falling into the sink.  The had installed it with scrap wood that looked like paint sticks.  Zero insulation in the walls.  They filled the walls with a little bit of the upholstery scraps.  Hot water heater didn't work.  Fridge didn't work, etc. etc.

Final straw was the aluminum lap siding started to buckle out on the passenger side.  I had been cut too short and was just being held on by caulk.

NuCamp build and quality is night and day but you certainly pay a premium for it and it's worth it.
  • Options
    GatorEggGatorEgg Member Posts: 451
    Welcome back.  Same for us.  Sold our ‘18 320 BD.  Really not a fan of the 400 for a variety of reasons.  Owned a couple other brands.  Closest to great replacement was a Airstream Bambi.  But the window’s barely open a couple inches.
    I ran across a deal on a ‘22 400 BD I couldn’t pass up.  Will give it a couples try crossing the country back and forth.  We will see. 
    2022 TAB 400 Boondock, 2019 Toyota Tacoma Sport 4x4
    2018 TAB 320 Boondock (previous)
    Odessa, Fl.  

• Options
    B0atguyB0atguy Member Posts: 188
    Thanks for the warm welcome back ! 
    As for previous brands we have had , well, we tried to avoid Forest River products and had mostly Thor based manufactured RV's , thinking they would be better ........hint , they were not ! 
    We had a Keystone Outback (Thor Owned) , Keystone Passport (Thor Owned) , and also a Jayco Micro (also Thor owned) . They were "covid years" build qualitys , and you can tell , they were "rushed" ! The Passport was by far the worst , and the Jayco was prob the best .......although it still wasnt too great ! 
    It was time for us to get back into a NuCamp ! We missed the quality, fit n finish ,engineering, use of space , ease of towing , and just the overall look (interior and exterior) of the T@B's . 
    We dont care for the Airsteam's that are so popular now, but the build quality is pretty good . Also looked at Lance, which was good quality as well , but we wanted to downsize . 
    So here we are .......... Back to a NuCamp . Seemed such an easy decision this time around ! 
    2023 Ford F150 Sport 3.5 Ecoboost 
    2024 NuCamp T@B 400 BD,  Grey / White 
    2016 Ford Transit 350 XLT - Adventure / Travel Van / 320s interior !
    2019 NuCamp T@B 320s Grey / Black - SOLD 

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    Welcome back home BOatguy, now is off to new adventures…
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.