Options

Do I have a Boondock??

Hey all.  I have a 2018 T@B 320 S.  I purchased it in 2018 or 2019 from an RV shop where it had been traded in shortly after purchase.    As far as I know it is not a Boondock model.  BUT, the tires always seemed like they looked like Boondock tires.  I decided to take my T@B out of the campground where it has sat for most of the time since purchase so I can take it on retirement adventures and figured I needed to put on some new tires. Checking my tire size, and Westlake ST235/75R15 is the boondock tire size.   Silly to ask after this long, but do I have a Boondock model??  What else is different that would answer that question?
Kelly G
2018 T@B 320 S   TV: 2020 Kia Telluride
(T@B is New to me as of 8/30/2019)
Bloomington, IL

Comments

• Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,596
    Your tire size "R15" is the tire size used in 2018 on the Outback (Boondock) model . . . . and also on standard rigs that had the "pitched axle" installed as an option . . . back in 2018 nüCamp was very flexible allowing for customer requested changes.

You could also measure the coupler height ( 'B' in figure ):

BTW,  I have a special order 2018 . . pitched-axle, R15 tires, and front storage rack
    '18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    KellyGKellyG Member Posts: 11
    Should add that I don't have the other obvious things like a roof rack or diamond plated boxes.  
    Kelly G
    2018 T@B 320 S   TV: 2020 Kia Telluride
    (T@B is New to me as of 8/30/2019)
    Bloomington, IL
  • Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,493
    The floor was obviously different in the 2018 Boondock model. Factory specced Boondocks had slate grey Marmoleum flooring, while non-Boondocks have a brown, wood-look vinyl.

The roof rack, tubular front platform, and aluminum front tub were also obvious features of that model. As MuttonChops mentioned, it’s not uncommon to find older Tabs with a mix and match of features as nuCamp was much more flexible about customizations. Plus, a lot of folks retrofitted these features themselves later on as parts became available.
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,502
    If the previous owner retro fitted a pitched axle, would the step height to ground be different?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    Yes Sharon, it would be.  We added the pitch Boondock axle to our TaB, and had to get a small step stool to make up the difference in height.
    cheers

2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.