Options

Too good to be true?

Hello everyone, I am returning to Tab 400 after couple years of wondering away from it.  I had a 2018 Tab 400 then sold it under difficult circumstances then bought a Taxa Cricket.  I missed my Tabbert so much that I decided to buy one again.  This time with a perfect tow vehicle, LOL.  (more on this at later posting). I found a new 2023 sitting at dealer lot for $29,997.  I put a deposit down and will be picking it up soon. Is this too good to be true?  I thought the price is good even if this unit sat around on the lot for a while.

Comments

• Options
    ColleenD2ColleenD2 Member Posts: 439
    My first thought is there hail damage? I've seen quite a few marked down with that. To me it seems that is at least 10,000 bucks under what you should expect to pay for a USED one. I'm suspicious but that's my nature. Keep in mind that dealer probably bought it in 2022 so it is a paperweight in their parking lot by now. Have you confirmed that it is still under warranty? Did the dealer perhaps use it as a rental? And welcome back! 

2019 Custom T@B 320 U Boondock Lite-ish
    Custom Colors & Custom Interior
    We've slept in 34 states, 2 countries & counting.

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,629
    I would ask them if they can exchange the glycol.  It may have been 2 years already.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    edited June 12

I can't find a BBB rating on the League City location if that's where you are buying this but Houston gets 1/5 for deceptive business practices. There is an active alert on this business. Again, just sharing information. What you do with it is up to you. It might be worth reading the page so that you don't get sucked in to the problems others have had.

edited: oh wait, I see they are including it on RV trader on all of their locations.

• Options

OK, me again, if you check RV trader you will see that there is nothing even close to that price. I am just so suspicious and I wouldn't be surprised if they pull some BS at the end like there is in the reviews on the Better Business Bureau. Princess craft is the closest in price and those are used but I would absolutely positively trust princess craft as a business and you might want to consider looking with them. They are very well respected by NuCamp and an authorized dealer.

I searched the NuCamp authorized dealer list and I don't see holiday world. So the other option is and somebody could maybe verify this but maybe they used to be an authorized dealer and then it was pulled. I know in the past couple of years, NuCamp has rescinded dealerships in our area. Maybe you are just getting lucky and they want to flush the inventory. That would sure be a delight. The only downside to that is if you have to have repairs done, you may have to take it to princess and I don't know if they will work on your camper if you didn't buy it there. I've seen quite a few dealerships that will only work on TABs they have sold.

So my final answer after all 45 posts, hahahaha, I would make sure that there isn't hail damage for one. Then two, you just have to decide how you want to handle follow up. Please keep us posted.

https://www.rvtrader.com/2023-Nucamp-T%40b-400/rvs-for-sale?make=Nucamp%7C765337120&model=T%40B%20400%7C764975680&year=2023

• Options
    gkreitzburggkreitzburg Member Posts: 20
    Yeah, I paid 35k for a new 23 in December, so that would be a really good deal!
    2023 T@B 400 Boondock
  • Options
    schattenschatten Member Posts: 23
    Thank you so much for the info.  Hail storm damage was the first thing that came to my mind and I had the sales person check and take some pictures.  He said there was none and I didn't see it either.  There were 4 units listed by Holiday World couple weeks ago and they are now down to 2 and both have sale pending on their website.  I will keep everyone posted.  Hopefully with picture of me towing the trailer.  :-) 
  • Options
    manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,285
    At first your price seemed unreal but in my area a local reputable dealer has 2023s marked down to $35-36k…not as low but still, seems like a good deal.

The bad news is I thought our 2021 was worth more…these prices confirmed that it is indeed not  :s
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • Options
    GatorEggGatorEgg Member Posts: 481
    Many dealers get NuCamps as trades and don’t know how to sell them.  I watched the ‘22 I bought beginning of this year.  It started in the mid $30k.  The dealer though very large is not a NuCamp dealer.  Being in no hurry I offered $20k.  They laughed as I said, call me when you want to sell.  A month later they called, counter offered.  Though not $20k it was a great number.
    Offer them what you feel is “your price”.  Btw, if hail didn’t puncture the skin, it’s just cosmetic.
    2022 TAB 400 Boondock, 2019 Toyota Tacoma Sport 4x4
    2018 TAB 320 Boondock (previous)
    Odessa, Fl.  

• Options
    rfuss928rfuss928 Member Posts: 967
    schatten 
    As a point of comparison - Gerton RV in Mt Vernon IN has 4 new UTs in stock listed for $29,900 (original list $45k).  The price you found seems in line with the market...

• Options
    Thank you all for your feedback.  I picked it up yesterday and I am relieved to find it without any hail damages.  And yes, Alde fluid was low so they will send me a bottle.  I found couple very minor workmanship flaws and i am nitpicking here such as trims that don’t line up.  I was camping at Galveston island state park…before the storm.
  • Options
    My friend photobombed on this picture.
  • Options
    SlackersSlackers Member Posts: 443
    Congratulations!!!
    2019 Tab 320 CSS, 2019 Ranger TV, OH