Leaky water intake port in Nautilus.

new problem popped up: the fresh water intake of the Nautilus now leaks. I even wrapped the hose with plumbers tape. Do I have to order and replace the white intake port because its threads are bad? Any ideas what I can do? We are on day 4 of a 49 day tour of the western United States. Jose is brand new 
Karen and Chris
2021 T@B 400, 2018 Land Cruiser
Dallas, Texas
“May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view.” Edward Abbey

Comments

• ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,546
    I don't have firsthand familiarity with the Nautilus, but is there possibly a rubber washer or gasket inside the female side of the connection that may have come loose or fallen out? When my garden hoses at home leak like that, that is usually the problem. If there was never a gasket there, maybe adding one would solve the problem, at least for the time being. Any hardware store should have something that fits.
    2015 T@B S

• elbolilloelbolillo Member Posts: 367
    I have found that adding an additional washer helps. 
    Honestly...tape will not help.  As mentioned above, the seal is made between the face of the hose and the washer.  A new washer should help....unless it's the short section of hose. 
    I had a similar issue and it wasn't the Nautilus fitting or the washer, it was actually the hose that I had connected to it.  Hoses are very unreliable and I have had many that leaked where the 'brass' fitting is crimped on to the rubber portion.  Connect your hose to another device (sprinkler, spray nozzle) and see if it still leaks.
  • CruiserCamperChrisCruiserCamperChris Member Posts: 87
    Thank you all. I will replace the washer. I should have thought of that!
    Karen and Chris
    2021 T@B 400, 2018 Land Cruiser
    Dallas, Texas
    “May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view.” Edward Abbey
  • BinghiBinghi Member Posts: 325
    I think your problem lies with the male hose threads, not the city water intake. Based on your photo, your hose end is standard issue garden hose. Those threads are imperfect and prone to leaking. After enduring leaks similar to yours, I restricted myself to good quality male hose connectors for use with the water inlet. Drastically reduced the leaks.
    2021 400 BD / 2016 VW Touareg / Austin, TX
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,706
    @CruiserCamperChris - one other thing.  The water filter that close to the inlet may be too much weight.  We put our filter at the spigot and the pressure reducer close to the trailer.  This helps prevent contamination of the hose as well as the plumbing lines.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • dsfdogsdsfdogs Member Posts: 603
    @CruiserCamperChris - I use a quick connect attached to the Nautilus, and did add plumbers tape to it. So much easier. I attach a Zero G collapsible drinking water hose to the Nautilus (with the quick connect) and am able to pull it up through the hole in the compartment. I attach the pressure regulator to the spigot, then white flexi-hose from filter, then filter, then hose. 

You'll have to fill us in on your epic trip!

Debbie in Oregon
    2023 Tab 400 / 2022 F150 XLT Sport 3.5EB
    Traded in - 2018 T@B 320 S/2019 Toyota 4Runner SR5