Options

Pricing a 320 without a bathroom

We need to move up, probably to a 400. I find it difficult to get comparables to my 2015 T@B which I always considered a 320 built by then - Pleasant Valley Teardrop Trailers. We are the 2nd owners the original owner used it twice and the factory stickers were still on the appliances(!) We have spent 99% of our camping time in West Coast state parks that have very good, clean ,facilities and rarely felt the lack of toilet or shower.  Camper is in full working order, no damage, and few signs of wear. The few instances for outside repairs were taken care of by the original dealer. Any advice on pricing this gem? Of course, we love her but don't want to overprice it unrealistically. Thanks for any input.

Comments

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,506
    edited 12:48AM
    While I have no specific advice regarding dollar amounts, here are some thoughts...
    At first consideration, a non-bath model is going have a lower resale value. However, such units are also pretty rare among the Pleasant Valley/nuCamp generation of T@Bs (as evidenced by the lack of response to your inquiry). The old adage that something is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it probably applies here. There's a certain subset of owners who have no interest in a toilet or shower in their camper--particularly at the cost of storage. If you market it well and are willing to hold out for that certain buyer, you might find it's "worth" more than you think.
    Not to mention that 2015 was an excellent vintage for TABs.  ;-)
    Good luck!
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    MadCityJackMadCityJack Member Posts: 108
    I have a 2017 320 Q without a bathroom for sale.   After a brief negative marketing experience on FB marketplace, we took it off and have had the limited exposure of an old fashioned "For Sale" sign in our driveway.  We bought it from a neighbor who had a similar sign, so we are trying it.   We are asking $12,000; we have made numerous upgrades (Battleborn Battery, two suit-case Zamp solar panels, hard-wired progressive industries surge protector, new Rhomar glycol for Alde, twin beds and have the usual desired accessories, including a mood shade).  The air conditioning unit was removed by previous owners, but that could be remedied with a replacement unit or 12v options (e.g., EcoFlow/Zero Breeze)..   On a FB NuCamp group several members thought the pricing was good--but interest was limited.   Some comments said their favorite 320 model was without a toilet.  We used a shower tent/plastic commode when boondocking).    Note, having a "mental" firewall to cope with potential scammers is important.   We may try that again.
    2017 T@B 320 Q Max 
    2018 Toyota Highlander, XLE  
    Wisconsin
  • Options
    rfuss928rfuss928 Member Posts: 961
    edited July 6
    Patience and as wide as possible market exposure is how you will find the person looking for any specialty item like our trailers.  I've been on both sides of those type transactions.  Look for nationwide listing options - RV Trader, Craigslist. eBay...
    I saw my first T@B as an odd result of a remotely related search on eBay.  It took a persistent nationwide search on Craigslist week after week to find one a year later.  We arranged a remote purchase and cross country transport to get our first T@B.
    To sell our tandem bicycles when we retired from a decades long passion it took over a year .  Eventually the right couple came along and discovered the bike they were looking for and saw the reasonably priced value offered.  Two of three sold for the full asking price, no questions asked.  Two buyers came from out of state.
    Somebody looking for "a little camper" will make low ball offers considering it comparable to trailers in their minds that are not in reality comparable. 
    People looking for a T@B without a shower will be excited to find one to see.  You'll know sincere interest when it is there...
    Good luck - have fun!