Considering 2015 T@b Little Guy 320S

I found what looks to be a really well kept 2015 T@b Little Guy 320S but am wondering if this is getting a little too old to buy. Are there any glaring issue with the older T@bs? Anything I should look for or consider before buying? It looks super similar to the new ones and since I'm not certain on whether I'll even like camping I thought it might make sense to spend a little less and buy something older. Thanks!

Comments

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,706
    A well maintained TaB has longevity!  There are 2004 models still out there and being sold.  Quality construction and materials.  The only issue with an older trailer is that some private campgrounds scrutinize the age.  The 2017 models were the first to have an all synthetic floor.  So, I think the 2015 must have had some wood in the flooring.  It will have an old 3 way frig that needs to be checked for function.  Make sure it lights and cools. Check the Alde glycol.  Ask when the glycol was changed.  Inspect the hoses for distortion.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Grumpy_GGrumpy_G Member Posts: 522
    The beauty of the T@b design is that it is "timeless" and without knowing all the intricate details nobody would be any wiser if it's a 2015 or a 2021. If a campground has age rules you can always fudge the year. Ultimately the campgrounds just don't want run-down dented old trailers on the property. 

I own a 2015 that was well traveled and well maintained when I got it and it has had only minor issues. Things to check are the swag bolts/rivets holding the tongue to the frame and the underside of the floor. 2015 did not have the coroplast cover yet. The fridge model has been long discontinued and some parts are not available anymore. 
  • Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,364
    I'm the original owner of a 2016 (build date August 2015).  Mine has the coroplast underbelly cover, which is a nice feature to have.  I would not dream of trading it in on a newer T@B - or any other trailer for that matter.  Things to watch out for are (1) soft spots in the floor, (2) corroded Alde convectors, (3) older Alde model 3010 vs. 3020.  The 3020 has the "high altitude" feature that eliminates noise at elevations over 3,000 feet, (4) loud Norcold fridge fan that can be replaced with a much quieter model, and (5) check for cracks and/or missing bolts on the frame where the tongue section is attached.  Also, if the trailer lives in a hard water area, confirm that the previous owner drained the Alde after each campout by flipping the yellow drain tab up (located near the Alde under the seat cushion).  If not, you could have serious corrosion problems at the cold water inlet that is hidden by the Alde case.  This problem only becomes evident by water pooling on the cabin floor.  Only solution is to replace the Adle unit, which is very expensive.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition,
    2024 Ford F150 Supercrew short bed.
  • ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,546
    I'm wrapping up my tenth season with my 2015. With minor exceptions, it has served me trouble-free for over a decade. I hope to keep it for many more years and have no desire to "upgrade" to a newer model with lots of added features which I have no need for or interest in.

That said, the advice above is all good. Lots of variables-- including luck--can affect the condition of the trailer and its components. Inspect carefully and ask lots of questions.
    2015 T@B S

• FatTabFatTab Member Posts: 9
    Thanks everyone, I'm going to compile a list of questions and things to look for and go see the camper if it doesn't sell, we're at the end of camping season in Colorado but I'm hoping to escape winter a week or two here and there with some AZ road trips this winter.
  • fstop32fstop32 Member Posts: 383
    I'm the 2nd owner of a 2015 320 and I love it!  I did have the corroded Alde convector issue so definitely check for "bulging rubber hoses" where they connect to the convectors.  Here's a sample of what to look for...

That one is pretty extreme but you get the idea.  If you find that you can go two ways...RUN or look to get a sizable discount on the sale price (especially if you are a DIY'er  :)   The easiest ones to inspect are in the passenger side bench area and maybe in the driver side bench (not all had a convector in the driver side).
    It wouldn't hurt to ask when it last had a brake job, that's a normal question for anything with brakes but it's a worthy negotiation item.
    Happy Trails!
    DaveR middleTN - 2015 320S  /  TV 2003 Tundra 4x4
  • FatTabFatTab Member Posts: 9
    I've been watching youtube videos on alde maintenance possible issues with corrosion issues. I asked the seller if they've had the fluid replaced per recommendations (every 2 years) but haven't heard back. The camper looks really well taken care of and their asking price is 13k which seems like a great deal, so it may sell quickly and they may not have to deal with an informed buyer like me so.....  we'll see.