Options

Sewer Hose storage solution

Comments

• Options
    elmeauxelmeaux Member Posts: 44
    Waiting for this kit with great interest.

2016 M@x S Sofitel - The T@bahoula
  • Options
    Pop-T@BPop-T@B Member Posts: 199
    :) should be up on the Tear Drop shop for sale in about 3 weeks
  • Options

Here's a few pic's of the finished product. I will be shipping kits next week to LG for sale on the Tear Drop Shop.  Joe from LG named it " T@B front Storage Bin", they should be up and ready to order very soon on their website. I wanted to send a big "THANK YOU!" out to Michigan Mike for his help moving this forward with LG, and Thank You to everyone else that showed interest and for their support.

Thanks, Shawn

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Congrats!
    Now work on them to offer your removable jack gizmo :-)
  • Options
    TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092
    Are you taking orders on these?  grin...
    Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
    2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,358
    Great idea! I'll be buying one if if fits with the Outback platform and is reasonably priced. Also, I was looking for another key to put on my ring (TAB door, Yakima rack, tongue lock, hitch lock, propane cover lock, spare tire lock, action-packer and Jerry cans)!!! :)
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition,
    2024 Ford F150 Supercrew short bed.
  • Options
    RedufresneRedufresne Member Posts: 100
    We put our spare there, so this wont work.  Funny, we had them put tube to hold sewer hose on back, but the rhino hose wont scrunch enough to fit!  Frustrating!
    B@t T@b, the 2016 Max S Outback, pulled by Bane, the 2014 Honda Ridgeline.
  • Options
    Norbert1223Norbert1223 Member Posts: 82
    How difficult is this to assemble?  Is there welding or metal hole drilling involved?
    Debbie and the Bulldogs; 2016 T@B Max S; 2016 Toyota 4 Runner
  • Options
    edited March 2016

Pxl,  I have shown them the removable jack plate, they may pick it up later on.

OutbackAZ, this does not currently fit T@Bs with the outback front platform, it may be offered soon if they start selling well enough and they get enough requests for outback models.

Norbert1223, if you are handy with a cordless drill and a few wrenches, it should take around 30-45 minutes to install. There is no welding, but you will need to drill a few holes to mount the panels.

• Options
    edited March 2016
    My ex used to call me Bob Villa with  :o  so the cordless drill and wrenches shouldn't be a problem. 
  • Options
    BertBert Member Posts: 87
    Here's an Outback owner that will be ordering the kit once it's available.

• Options
    lykopis33lykopis33 Member Posts: 19
    Me too.  Hope it's soon
  • Options
    mickietucsmickietucs Member Posts: 709
    I just ordered this telescoping sewer hose carrier that is advertised as definitely fitting the Rhino Flex. I like that it is expandable. They have different sizes (Super-Sliders can telescope from 33" to 100").

SUPER-SLIDER!!  Expandable, Telescoping, Sewer Hose Carrier!

http://www.dwincorp.com/products.php?product_id=125

Michele, Tucson, AZ. TV - '13 F150 & '16 T@Bitha special order.

You never really travel alone. The world is full of friends waiting to get to know you!

• Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,358
    Bert said:

How about a matching diamond plate metal box that sits on top of the frame and follows its outside contours (i.e. the "V")?.  It's height is less than the Outback propane box to allow using the rubber latch.  The back end of the new box follows the curve of the existing propane box for an integrated "factory" look.  The bottom has the metal mesh for drainage and attaches under the frame.  Should provide enough (if not more) room for the dump hose and attachments.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition,
    2024 Ford F150 Supercrew short bed.
  • Options
    OutbackAZ,  That would look very nice. I will discuss it with LG to see what they think about your idea.
  • Options
    I would like to mount the spare tire on the side of the frame.  Could you still use this kit?   
  • Options
    Norbert1223, check the bottom of page 2 on this post, this should work fine for what you are wanting to do.
  • Options
    Its official, they are now posted and up for sale on the Tear Drop Shop website, Thank you to everyone who viewed my post, your interest made this possible1
  • Options
    These are great.  I got ours and am very happy with it.  I did have to make a few adjustments however to make it fit with our spare wheel bracket.  I only have a sawsall so it has a rough edge or two, but over all I am satisfied..  Took me a while..

Sorry for the long post.  The photos are easier to manipulate than on my tablet, but try as I might to get them on the same line..  no go..

T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    Glad to hear you like it! I am look for some feed back on the instruction sheet and installation . Other than the cutting for your tire mount , did you think the install was pretty straight forward?
  • Options
    Without the mod,  I thought it was an easy install with a drill.   Well made too and looks great.    Nice job Pop-T@B..!!  
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    Thank you for the feedback! hope to see a few more installs and notes from other T@Bers who have installed the bin kit
  • Options
    jdargisjdargis Member Posts: 305
    Pop-T@B, I know you designed your own jack stand removal bracket, but do you think the Jack-E-Up would work with your sewer storage holder.  It looks like the round bracket of it would be to wide and not be able to open, or use the lock of the storage lid. What do you think?
    Thanks,
    Jeff
  • Options
    jdargisjdargis Member Posts: 305
    One other question, are the self tapping screws, washers and bolts with both these accessories stainless steel?
  • Options
    hunter99hunter99 Member Posts: 45
    OutbackAZ said:
    Bert said:

How about a matching diamond plate metal box that sits on top of the frame and follows its outside contours (i.e. the "V")?.  It's height is less than the Outback propane box to allow using the rubber latch.  The back end of the new box follows the curve of the existing propane box for an integrated "factory" look.  The bottom has the metal mesh for drainage and attaches under the frame.  Should provide enough (if not more) room for the dump hose and attachments.
    I looked into having the same thing made for my t@g and about had a heart attack at the cost. The cheapest I found was $1000 with the high side being a lot more.

The biggest reason was the curved back and I had it sit in the frame ralis but extend over them to the edge. I don't need sewer storage yet (plan on getting a t@b in the future, why I hang on here too) but do need to put water and electric somewhere.

I think if little guy offered that, at a reasonable cost, it would be popular.

It could be made cheaper if the mesh bottom is attached to the frame and the box is an open bottom that sits on top. The frame rails would complete the rest of the box between the one on top and the mesh floor. Hmmm, wonder what that would cost?
  • Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    I just ordered this telescoping sewer hose carrier that is advertised as definitely fitting the Rhino Flex. I like that it is expandable. They have different sizes (Super-Sliders can telescope from 33" to 100").

@mickietucs, have you installed this on your T@B yet? Where?
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options

jdargis, yes, the washers and self tapping screws are stainless steel. I believe the Jack- e- up would work, but you would need to test kit it to make sure.

Hunter99, I have been asked by LG to make a panel kits for other models. I just need to get a hold of the other models to make templates, and to check fitment. hopefully will get this done soon.

• Options
    mickietucsmickietucs Member Posts: 709
    Photomom said:

@mickietucs, have you installed this on your T@B yet? Where?
    It's being installed tomorrow - Going to do what Verna did and mount it to the side of the tongue. A friend is helping me (he's got the drill, etc.). I can let you know how it goes afterward if you'd like.
    Michele, Tucson, AZ. TV - '13 F150 & '16 T@Bitha special order.

You never really travel alone. The world is full of friends waiting to get to know you!

• Options
    hunter99hunter99 Member Posts: 45
    Pop-T@B said:

Hunter99, I have been asked by LG to make a panel kits for other models. I just need to get a hold of the other models to make templates, and to check fitment. hopefully will get this done soon.

I can see it for Outbacks but I wouldn't worry about it for a t@g, There really isn't much room to be gained from it. I would love to have it to throw my chocks, jack wheel, and foot into but i can put them in the tub too.

I would also have to find a way to mount a swag off-road 24gallon action packer frame to it as well. It will go on after the trailer is hooked up and the jack is removed. Take it off once at destination before putting jack back on. Have to have that box  to put my water hoses, electrical cables, and propane hoses in. I would also have to add a heavy latch of some sort as I wouldn't trust the one you install with the box on top of it if i hit a large bump.
  • Options
    Lil_LucyLil_Lucy Member Posts: 82
    Just finished adding a sewer hose carrier on the tongue to carry my sewer hose extension. I mounted the other one underneath to a bracket bolted to the spare tire bracket. I just used 7 inch hose clamps to hold it on. It seems tight enough. I'll find out in a couple of weeks when I head back home to Michigan from Oregon. I'll check it every time I stop for gas or at rest areas. I didn't screw or bolt it on to the frame to avoid any possible warranty issues with LG.

Here are pictures of my rear sewer hose carrier.

2016 T@b 320 Max-S (Silver/Red Trim) / TV: 2019 Ford Flex
    "Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional."