Options

Soft Water for my T@B

For those of you that have soft water at home and would like to also have it in their T@B as I do, there is a small solution. Most of the RV water softeners I have seen in the market place were too big to store easily in the T@B, you would either need to store them inside the camper or in the tow vehicle.  Then set it up outside to hook it up. After I found a place to store my sewer hose and sewer items (see my other post on “sewer hose storage solution”) it opened up some space inside the front storage box.  I work in Water Conditioning so I made a short custom water softener. With the factory sewer hose storage pipe removed I was able to fit a 6”x13” mineral tank with an 1190FP Clack in and out head on it. The unit should soften about 100 gallons of water before it needs to be regenerated with 2# of salt. If you are interested you should be able to get one made by your local water conditioning company, if they need details on how I made it, I will be happy you share the info. I can also store 4 wheel chocks and a 25 RV water hose in the box with it.

Thanks, Shawn

imageimageimageimage

Comments