Options

Lagun Table Base - offered by the PVTC Factory

Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
edited August 2016 in Products and Accessories
From the Pleasant Valley Trailer Company -  

Beginning in April of 2016, we will be using a new table base.  
That said, we are bringing them in for retail sale next month.
They will be available through the factory only.  Contact Elsie x304.
The initial batch will likely be in mid/late November.  

Please note: the base includes the bracket needed inside, but consumer will need to engineer their own backing, like the gentleman on Facebook, Kevin Ressler.

We will be selling them as follows:
Base - $189.50
Extra bracket - $45.50

https://youtu.be/GriVnVrjLYw?t=5

Displaying IMG_0382JPG

Displaying IMG_0383JPG

Displaying IMG_0385JPG

Displaying IMG_0384JPG
Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ

Comments

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    What is the factory going to use for a table top?

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    That's a nice setup. May have to replace my delux TV tray.
  • Options
    PXLated said:
    That's a nice setup. May have to replace my delux TV tray.
    I agree. It could replace my lapdesk.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Jenn, the price above is not including a table top. Give me a week or so and I'll show you the cherry one that I'll be making for my tabletop.

Using the YouTube as an example, it looks like the tabletop he used as almost as large as the factory table. Scott did say that the current factory tabletop was too heavy for this Lagun support. I didn't get a definitive answer on exactly what they will be using.  I think they might be waiting to see what works when they start getting them in.

Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    That one in the video looked to me like it might have drop down leaves - a center piece and a leaf on each side. Or am I just being visually impaired today?
  • Options
    Verna said:
    Jenn, the price above is not including a table top. Give me a week or so and I'll show you the cherry one that I'll be making for my tabletop.
    Ohhh, nice!

Verna said:
    Using the YouTube as an example, it looks like the tabletop he used as almost as large as the factory table. Scott did say that the current factory tabletop was too heavy for this Lagun support. I didn't get a definitive answer on exactly what they will be using.  I think they might be waiting to see what works when they start getting them in.
    I wondered if I could just use the factory top.

PXLated said:
    That one in the video looked to me like it might have drop down leaves - a center piece and a leaf on each side. Or am I just being visually impaired today?
    I know you can buy "cockpit" table tops and some of them are drop leaf style. The Langun tops are not readily available here and are rather pricey. A nice teak top the size of one of the side bench seats would be near ideal, for me, I think.

• Options
    What's  a "littleez"? =)

• Options
    DeeDeeDeeDee Member Posts: 115
    Jenn, lost in translation? I did some online shopping for possible table tops & was surprised at the cost. Think the husband will need to warm up the table saw.
    DeeDee & The Captain
    2016 Orange MaxQ
    Henry's Fork River, Eastern Idaho

• Options
    edited November 2015
    DeeDee said:
    Jenn, lost in translation? I did some online shopping for possible table tops & was surprised at the cost. Think the husband will need to warm up the table saw.
    The guy on the video talks about "littleez".

Yeah, there is some sticker shock. Hoping I can convince some of my woodworking family to tab me a tabletop.

Don't forget about Ikea! http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/categories/departments/workspaces/11844/#

• Options
    "Little-Eze" appears to be referring to children. Substitute children or little ones for little-Eze and it makes sense.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    DeeDeeDeeDee Member Posts: 115
    jkjenn said:
    DeeDee said:
    The guy on the video talks about "littleez".

Yeah, there is some sticker shock. Hoping I can convince some of my woodworking family to tab me a tabletop.

Don't forget about Ikea! http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/categories/departments/workspaces/11844/#
    Took me awhile to figure out what he was referring too as well. I don't speak Aussie. Thanks for Ikea idea. They have a nice butcher block that might be an easy hack.
    DeeDee & The Captain
    2016 Orange MaxQ
    Henry's Fork River, Eastern Idaho

• Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    This is cool. Looks like good quality.

Does anyone know the 'weight capacity' spec for the table base?

Also, do we know if there's a base that can be attached, so it can be freestanding outside the Tab? We often use our table outside for a nice coffee table (actually 'cocktail table') or to play dominoes in the morning. It's nice to be able to move it to the sunny spot in the campsite.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    ChanW said:

Also, do we know if there's a base that can be attached, so it can be freestanding outside the Tab? We often use our table outside for a nice coffee table (actually 'cocktail table') or to play dominoes in the morning. It's nice to be able to move it to the sunny spot in the campsite.
    On another thread I asked the same question about weight and @jgardis found a 132lb weight capacity.

I don't see why you couldn't put 2 different mounting systems on the bottom of the table top and mount is to a free standing table but for the base itself, it appears to be primarily geared towards the mounting plate. There is a guy in the FB group who mounted a plate on the exterior of his T@b for outdoor use.

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    ChanW said:

Their specs state about 50-60 kilograms or as Jenn noted above, a maximum of 110-130 lbs.  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    cbarnhillcbarnhill Member Posts: 330
    I have a Max-S and would like to mount it on the panel on the drivers side next to the shower. I wonder if that can be done?
    Cindy with my 2015 MaxS (Puppy) and my 2015 Subaru Outback (Boo)
  • Options
    You are going to want to mount it to the bench, and even then will want to add a piece of plywood behind the bracket. It would destroy your wall.

• Options
    cbarnhill - You thinking to the bench or to the shower wall? The shower wall has 2x4 (or close) studs inside so if you tied int those with long bolts you may be ok. Take the mirror off the shower wall and look inside to verify.
  • Options
    I do know there is plywood at the end of the wall (next to the shower door).  If you don't want to remove the mirror, look at the bottom of the wall, under the bench seat. You may need to take a tape measure, put it inside the wall just above the floor, to see how thick the plywood is. (It is three 3/4" thicknesses of plywood that I can see beside the sound system.). If I lost you.... it happens....
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Actually I was thinking about putting it on the wooden panel under the seat just like in the video. There's a lot of equipment in there and the wood panel has the fuse box, an electric outlet and a fan but I might can fit it in there. That's my least used seat (where I keep my tray/table) and it looks like I might could swing it out for more counter space like a galley kitchen when needed.
  • Options
    Ok, I bit the bullet and ordered mine
  • Options
    Hmm..the rest of my msg was erased. Here it is: Elsie said that the extra bracket is if you also want to mount it on the outside of the trailer. She believes that we can use the existing table top on the Laguna. 
  • Options
    John_and_KrisJohn_and_Kris Member Posts: 302
    Mike: There were a ton of Kevin Ressler on Facebook any way of getting to the site they are talking about?
    John - Kris & our Golden "Blossom"
    South Carolina
    Live simply,Love generously,Care deeply,Speak Kindly,Leave the rest to God
  • Options
    cbarnhill said:
     She believes that we can use the existing table top on the Laguna. 
    They must have changed their mind. For those who use the table for their bed, this would make it much easier. Watch the video at the top to see how easy it is to lift from its bracket. 

Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Just went to the Manufacturer site for the table and the details says it comes with mounting screws AND Backing Plate Wonder what LG is eliminating?
    South Carolina
  • Options
    John&Kris said:
    Just went to the Manufacturer site for the table and the details says it comes with mounting screws AND Backing Plate Wonder what LG is eliminating?
    You could place a call to Elsie at Pleasant Valley to ask what is included. The phone number is on the right under contact numbers
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Thanks Verna I ordered one from her 2 days ago so will follow up.
    South Carolina
  • Options
    It comes with a backing plate!
    South Carolina
  • Options
    John&Kris said:
    It comes with a backing plate!
    You are talking about the one that allows the table frame to be added and removed, right? Like this?

• Options
    That is the one. The beginning of this post talked about us having to get a backing plate like one that Kevin used  on Facebook "Please note: the base includes the bracket needed inside, but consumer will need to engineer their own backing, like the gentleman on Facebook, Kevin Ressler."
     which I could never find. I will see how large the plate is and may use a larger one just to be on the safe side.
    South Carolina
  • Options
    Kevin Ressler is on the Facebook T@B Camper group. He has a really nice table top that he has built.
    Verna, Columbus, IN