Options

Lagun Table Base - offered by the PVTC Factory

2»

Comments

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    John&Kris said:
    That is the one. The beginning of this post talked about us having to get a backing plate like one that Kevin used  on Facebook "Please note: the base includes the bracket needed inside, but consumer will need to engineer their own backing, like the gentleman on Facebook, Kevin Ressler."
     which I could never find. I will see how large the plate is and may use a larger one just to be on the safe side.
    Thanks...I missed that, somehow.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    John_and_KrisJohn_and_Kris Member Posts: 302
    Thanks Really not a Facebook user so did not fair well locating him as there are many Kevin Resslers etc. I'm just going to give up
    John - Kris & our Golden "Blossom"
    South Carolina
    Live simply,Love generously,Care deeply,Speak Kindly,Leave the rest to God
  • Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    There are a couple of great facebook pages for T@B users. Lots of inspiration. If you have a facebook account go to this page and click the join button: https://www.facebook.com/groups/24931511064/ When you're accepted to the group, just type Kevin Ressler into the "Search this group" box and click the little search icon. Simple!
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    Thanks waiting to be accepted.
    South Carolina
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    edited November 2015
    I had the impression that they were talking about a "backing plate" on the inside of the bench for added strength.

The picture Jenn shows, I would call a "mounting plate", but that's just me. No pressure. :)
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    ChanW said:
    I had the impression that they were talking about a "backing plate" on the inside of the bench for added strength.

The picture Jenn shows, I would call a "mounting plate", but that's just me. No pressure.
    I agree with the mounting plate. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    webcrawlerwebcrawler Member Posts: 133
    edited November 2015
    Seems like adding bed rails would allows you to have a table top that is 29" long (slat dimension) and about 18"-20" wide.  This way it could still be used as a wide bed slat and supplemented with two narrower slats.....

I am going to investigate this alternative.  

I am currently using 6 slats that are 5.5" wide (had to notch the one at the rear).  My plan would be to have a table top that is 22" wide by 29" by 3/4" thick.  That way I could uses two of the bed slats I have made to fill in the gap with the table top at night.

I suspect I will try a top made from Aspen Pine.  This is a strong light weight wood.  It is kind of soft so it would need several coats of Polyurethane on it....

Kennesaw, Georgia

2016 Silver/Black T@B M@x S with Scuba Black interior.  2015 Lincoln MKC AWD 2.0L Ecoboost tow vehicle. Tekonsha Prodigy wireless Brake Controller.
  • Options
    cbarnhillcbarnhill Member Posts: 330
    PXLated said:
    That one in the video looked to me like it might have drop down leaves - a center piece and a leaf on each side. Or am I just being visually impaired today?
    No, PXLated, I see the drop leaves, too. 
    Cindy with my 2015 MaxS (Puppy) and my 2015 Subaru Outback (Boo)
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Has anyone received their table pedestal yet?   I did hear they were in last week....  Just curious.
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    jdargisjdargis Member Posts: 305
    Not yet.  Looks like that it might need to spaced out further, if mounted to the back floor wall, the rear cushions stick out beyond the wall.  Just took a glance, the other day.  Hope it gets here soon, so I can install it, before the cold and snow hits here in NE WI.
  • Options
    jdargisjdargis Member Posts: 305
    Interesting, just got a call from LG about the Lagun table base, they inquired as the model T@B I have, my understanding, they are not planning on shipping any to clamshell owners, as something about a mounting problem at this time.  We have a Max-S, so no problems.  Ours is being shipped tomorrow, also she inquired if we needed the rails, but I have made my own up.  Just an update.
  • Options
    cbarnhillcbarnhill Member Posts: 330
    Oh. I hope mine comes soon. I think this is just the solution I have been looking for :-))
    Cindy with my 2015 MaxS (Puppy) and my 2015 Subaru Outback (Boo)
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    I emailed Elsie today and she did confirm they'd ship them tomorrow as they needed to add bolts and rails to the pedestal.  My table is being built now by a buddy up the street.   Should be perfect timing and will have it just after the Thanksgiving holiday as I was watching him work this evening.  He will let it dry, cut it to size, router the edges, sand it and seal it during the next week.  

1.jpg 106.5K
    2.jpg 98.5K
    3.jpg 116.1K
    4.jpg 53.1K
  • Options
    RZRBUGRZRBUG Member Posts: 890
    Should be a sweet table, Mike.  I see that he's using honey to hold it together. :)

Larry & Booger - 2013 T@B, 2012 GMC Sierra

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    I can just hear Pooh, "Honey? Did someone say, 'honey?"

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    OzT@bOzT@b Member Posts: 39
    RZRBUG said:
    Should be a sweet table, Mike.  I see that he's using honey to hold it together. :)
    LOL!!!
  • Options
    Wanted to make it more oval shaped but also do not want to give up too much room.  My son in law and his dad own a sawmill so I have a pretty good supply of wood to choose from.  If this doesn't work out I may try something else.  The wood is maple and it did have what they call "spaulding" in it which is related to the aging of the wood and this creates lines inside the grain which looks pretty cool.  

You guys crack me up with your humor!!!  LOL
  • Options
    Talked with Elsie on afternoon of 11/25. She said ours was being shipped out by the end of day 11/25. They are closed from the 26th to Dec 1st
    South Carolina
  • Options
    sabelsabel Member Posts: 283
     Very interested in this table / bed setup. We have an S-Max but took out the fold down table and installed cleats on the bench sides and use slats for the bed. We have to store and install the slats every time it's bed time. If the Lagun pedestal will support a large plywood table top that is also used as the bed platform. That would make bedtime a lot easier.
    I wonder how Little Guy plans to install the swing arm and what  size the top is. Are they going to go back to cleats on the bench sides?
  • Options
    sabelsabel Member Posts: 283
    I don't think I'd trust the original table top with the Lagun pedestal. Our top was made of particleboard and would not support much of a load spanning from cleats. Screws tend to pull out easily too.
  • Options
    Mine is installed..minus the tabletop that I haven't finished yet. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Show us a pic of where/how you installed it Verna if you could.
  • Options
    There's a new discussion on how to. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Well it appears that the table tops for the Lagun  will not be available until the 2017 Models come out
    South Carolina
  • Options
    John&Kris said:
    Well it appears that the table tops for the Lagun  will not be available until the 2017 Models come out
    John&Kris, someone mentioned IKEA and they had a number of table tops you could easily screw to the Lagun. Do a search for Lagun and I'm sure you can find the link. Another person took the table top off of the $18 Walmart or Camping World plastic table top to use. Someone even took the original tabletop off and is using it. Home Improvement stores do have premade table tops and they will sometimes cut to size for you. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Verna Thanks Researched  IKEA and Lowes. They have some pre made tops that can be cut etc. Think we may go that way
    South Carolina