Options

Boondocking Recommendations (Master List)

2»

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Craggy Wash - BLM - Just north of Lake Havasu City Airport
    Listed this before but have more specific directions here to my favorite spot in the wash.

The view...I like this spot because you are up high off the main road so you don't get the four-wheelers running within yards of you - nor the dust if it's dry. You also get better views...

Looking east up the canyon...

Looking west (antennas just out of sight to the left, good cell and I presume TV)...

Current spot...

Details...

There's quit a few spots to set up on this ridge - have rarely been up there with more than one other. Big rigs would have a time getting there so it's been camper vans, pickups or tent campers. There's enough room for a mini T@B convention.
    When driving in, when you get to about the 1.2/1.3 mile mark from the highway, look for those two concrete slabs. I layed those in three years ago and filled in that washout ditch enough for me to get across it. It's now pretty much filled in from runoff. Turn left up the hill.
    Where I have the two red Xs, you can drive a TV up/down but I wouldn't try it towing the T@B

Watch for wildlife up in the hills - Burros and Mountain Goats

There's a shopping area a mile south of the entrance road with a Walmart, Dillards, theater, etc. A little further south are a Home Depot and Lowes.

One last thing - Since I'm giving you such detail (you know you'd have never found this on your own and wouldn't have been able to get there without the ditch filled in - Outback or no) I reserve the right to kick you out of "my" spot :-)
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    PXL, Even if there's ribs on the pit barrel when 'ya get there? :s
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Well, there are exceptions :-)
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    =)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    db_cooperdb_cooper Member Posts: 726
    For anyone traveling to the Methow Valley in WA during the summer and fall,  we found lots of nice riverside camps near Winthrop along the West Chewuch river road.  Unfortunately we we were camped in the RV park that was home to the noisiest bunch of mourning doves you could imagine,  had to run the fan on high just to sleep.  We plan on returning and boondocking along the river.  Quite a bit of snow this year, so may melt out a little later (and probably lots of skeeters this year!)
    2015 Max S Outback | 2010 Xterra

• Options
    4ncar4ncar Member Posts: 1,072
    Does any know of any decent boondocking spots in the mid Atlantic, or is that an oxymoron? Lol
    TV- '16 Chevy Colorado LT Crew Cab-DuraMax
    2018 320S Outback
  • Options
    rkj__rkj__ Member Posts: 641
    LauraRey said:
    This isn't a specific location, but in my search for camping/boondocking spots in Ontario, I found this: https://www.ontario.ca/page/camping-crown-land

I thought others might be interested in it as well.  If you go to the "Find Locations" link, it takes you to a map (eventually) show all the crown land.
    Make sure to top up your cup of patience before trying to use that Map.  It is very slow.
    2016 T@b 320 CS-S - 2018 GMC Sierra - St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    4ncar said:
    Does any know of any decent boondocking spots in the mid Atlantic, or is that an oxymoron? Lol
    I'd look into state and national forests. I know there are some, but not a lot, in WV, PA, and Ohio. Also, see if you have any coal mining reclamation recreation lands. AEP has some in Ohio and other states, too.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014