Options

Antenna Pole

2»

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Photomom - I'll follow you next time and see how you do winding around the cactus avoiding two foot deep washouts based on nothing but a waypoint - betting it won't be pretty. :-)
  • Options
    I suppose we should get back on topic - We've veered of into navigation skills :-)
  • Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    PXLated said:
    Photomom - I'll follow you next time and see how you do winding around the cactus avoiding two foot deep washouts based on nothing but a waypoint - betting it won't be pretty. :-)
    I'm a geocacher - I've navigated worse.
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    You geocache at night? But be forewarned, I'll follow with video and post to youtube if you fail ;-)
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    PXLated said:
    We'll find out :-)
    What happens to them over that time to change things?
    C-H-I-N-A!   Good luck!   =)
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    Mike - Seems everything in Harbor Freight is sourced from china - Not a name brand in the place.
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Fresh off the boat!  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    Update - The suction cup pole holders are working like a champ. You do have to wipe them clean wet paper twoel and press on them to get a good seet. They actually need to be pried off they stick so solid.
    Side Note: Have tried my cell phone booster a few times now - don't find it really gets me more bars but does stableize the data and prevents dropped calls. The sucker uses juice though. I can be sitting in the evening at a nice 12.5/6 on my little meter, plug in the booster and withing 10 minutes I'm down to 12.2/3
  • Options
    Even though I don't watch TV very often and boondock alot, I inherited a powered TV antenna so decided to jerry-rig a fixture so it could be attached to my existing pole. A quick trip to a hardware store. some PVC pipe fittings and I'm in business. I did have to use my dremel tool to ream out two of the fittings to fit my pole (were a 32nd of an inch too small). My cell phone booster and non-powered TV antenna both have magnetic bases and affix to the reflector plate as shown previously.

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    That looks slick. Nicely done!

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    tabuloustabulous Member Posts: 13
    PXLated, how well does that little RCA antenna work?  And what is that mounted on the top adapter on your j-rig?
    2008 T@B Dutchman, 2004 Hyundai Santa Fe, Grand Junction, CO.
    "We Are T@Bulous!"

• Options
    tabulous - I don't watch much TV but the couple times I hooked it up it brought in more channels than the people around me were getting. It has swivels so you can point it up (as picture) or down horizontal and of course swivel around so lots of ways to point it for best reception. The box says it's a 50 mile antenna. It's a powered antenna so you need to power it from AC. I tried some non-powered antennas but just didn't get any reliable reception unless I was close to a tower - digital just doesn't have the range of the old analog TV.
    That plate on top of the pole is to mount my cell phone booster antenna. It serves as a reflector plate for the magnetic antenna. Haven't had to use it very often as Verizon coverage has been pretty good even in the boonies.
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    *gasp* PXL! *faint - thump* 

It's T@Bulous. Remember to slowly increase your T@B Yoga sessions. You don't want to decrease blood flow to your head.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    John_and_KrisJohn_and_Kris Member Posts: 302
    edited March 2016
    We have used the same antenna  now and it does very well in reception when powered.  It is on the right and we used a telescoping paint pole and secured it to the Aluminum Plaform we added to our "16 Max S

1.jpg 122.6K
    John - Kris & our Golden "Blossom"
    South Carolina
    Live simply,Love generously,Care deeply,Speak Kindly,Leave the rest to God
  • Options
    rcuomorcuomo Member Posts: 319
    edited September 2019
    Here’s my solution.  Cost about $12 1 1/4 “ PVC pipe and fittings from Home Depot. Using a Shakespeare 19” Marine/RV dish and utilizing my Stromberg Carlson A-frame mount. 

‘18 Tab 320S- mfg’d 4/17, acquired 9/17
    Spare & bike rack on tongue, Renogy 100w suitcase connection, cargo & door nets, sway bar, wired rear camera, Norcold aux fan, front window protection, frame mounted sewer & water hose storage, Krieger 1500w inverter w/100Ah LIFePO4.
    ‘17 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E- 5000# tow cap, 600# tongue cap
    ‘20 Honda Pilot Elite- 5000# tow cap, 500# tongue cap
    Huntington LI