Options

Upgrading my batteries in the diamond plate tub

VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
I finally have all of the welding done (by a welder, not me) and the two 6V golf cart batteries are in place. The wiring will be done tomorrow. 

Matt, the welder, first moved the diamond plate tub about 4" away from the T@B. Then he cut two slots in the bottom back support for the battery boxes to fit into. While part of the battery does hang over the back, there is not enough room for the batteries to fall out.  This photo shows a black strap around the battery box. It has been replaced by a ratchet strap because the other battery box was missing the strap, on both boxes. 

Attached Image

Here's a closer view of the slots, the battery box strap holders for the driver's side battery. The wiring shown is from the Zamp plug and a 2nd Zamp plug that I use for my ARB. 

The ring for the propane tank, bolted in placed with bolts, washers and locking nuts. 

The new blue ratchet straps for the battery boxes. I think I can tighten them better than the intended battery straps.

Two 232 Ah batteries, 6 volt golf cart batteries, wired in series

It gets dark quickly this time of the year.  The propane tank in its ring with the two batteries on either side.

For those who don't want to cut your tub, you could forego the battery boxes and simply place the batteries next to each other.

I prefer the batteries be in a box to protect them and me. I can put my chocks inside the box, along with the foot and wheel for the tongue jack. I use those orange reusable ties so I don't lose the extras along the road. 

Tomorrow....the wiring!
Verna, Columbus, IN
2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”

Comments