Options

ALDE 3010 Digital Thermostat (Touch Screen)

I am going to put one of these in my trailer and was curious how they work.  Here is a short demo video that shows how to use the touch screen.  Hopefully this is not a duplicate and will help someone out.

https://youtu.be/Jl8xNCs7xww?t=14
Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Let us know hat you had to do to replace your manual one with the digital - wiring, etc.
  • Options
    I have one, never installed it - Didn't seem to be a good reason as it just duplicates the manual one - If it had some other functions like changing the heat setting by time of day or turning hot water off at night and back on in morning, etc. I might have gotten more interested. Or, does it have that and I just didn't read far enough?
  • Options
    KeltdubhKeltdubh Member Posts: 54
    Haven't dug far enough to know about programming hot water setting, but you can program the heat to change temperature at your desired time. 
    Ed & Tea
    Linden, VA
    2016 T@B Q Max Outback Package - 2015 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road
    Shenandoah Valley T@BBERS
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Keltdubh said:
    Haven't dug far enough to know about programming hot water setting, but you can program the heat to change temperature at your desired time. 
    Changing temp at desired time would be nice!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    Pop-T@BPop-T@B Member Posts: 199
    edited December 2015

I have just done this upgrade. I really like it over the manual thermostat. it keeps the T@B at a much more even temperature.  It took about 1 hour to do, when you order it you will need the following parts: part number 3010614 touch screen panel, 3010216 cable for touch screen, and the Alde trim ring ( no part number, this is a part they make out of birch wood to cover the hole from the old thermostat which is a rectangle and the new one is square) cost is about $200.00. to install you will need to cut the hole in the wall to fit the new square shape, I chose to remove the old wiring harness, to do this you will need to remove the TV, mounting bracket and the white box from the wall, there is a wire cable holder in the upper left hand side of the hole where the TV mount is installed that the thermostat wire runs thru, you cannot just pull the wire out. after you have the TV out it is very easy to run the wire and to install the Thermostat. you can try fishing the wire down the wall if you don't want to remove the old wire, it may save about 15 minutes, I  just did not want to leave the old wiring. here's pic of what it looks like installed. Over all, not real hard to do, and I like beiging able to set an exact temperature.

• Options
    When I compared the number of wires at the Alde from the analog thermostat to the ones from the digital thermostat, they didn't match. The digital had fewer. Is that what you found?
    My digital didn't come with any instructions and I didn't have the tools on the road to make a faceplate (a year ago) so just put it back in the box to deal with in the future and never did
  • Options
    yes the wiring harness does have fewer wires and the connector on the thermostat end is different, it does need to be changed to make it work.
  • Options
    Pop-T@B - Changed to what and how? - Are there instructions somewhere?
  • Options
    no, they did not send any instructions on how to install with the new 3010 thermostat. it is pretty much straight forward, remove to old thermostat, cut the hole to fit the new 3010 thermostat, run the new thermostat control cable along the same path as the old cable to the Alde unit. hook up the cable and install the trim ring and thermostat. The only trouble I ran into, was not knowing about the cable holder in the wall on the upper left side behind the white TV mounting box , if you do remove the TV box and the holder, it will prevent you from just using the old cable to pull the new one down the wall. once you know this, it was a simple upgrade to do.  
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    edited December 2015
    The thermostat wiring basically just involves unplugging the old wiring harness at the heating unit and plugging in the new harness into the ALDE unit.  And when you bought your thermostat did you tell them you were replacing the old unit, as if not they will send you out the wood shroud according to the factory?   Check the box as maybe it is folded into your packing material?

I did see an operational instruction manual on line and it can be downloaded via a PDF file for operating the thermostat.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Mike/Pop-T@B ... Way back when I got mine, the factory didn't have mounting plates, you had to make your own. So what I have is just the digital controller panel with attached cable and that cable has fewer wires than the analog cable. By the way, I don't have the media/TV package so there's probably no TV mounting box/bracket.

Also, there is a side access panel closest to the wall and all that is inside that area are the hot and cold shower lines and you cannot access the right side of that wall as there is a 2 x 4 there.  So you can save some time and won't need to open up that side of the wall.  
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    I think when you open the driver's side bench area you will see that there is an opening at the bottom of the shower side wall that will allow you to drop the thermostat cable down the existing thermostat opening to the bottom.   
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    I think when you open the driver's side bench area you will see that there is an opening at the bottom of the shower side wall that will allow you to drop the thermostat cable down the existing thermostat opening to the bottom.   
    Yes. I used this space and the space behind the Alde controls when I was fishing wire for my battery monitor. It's an easy, straight shot downward.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Yep - Have checked that space before.
  • Options
    RyanAndLuluRyanAndLulu Member Posts: 20
    Where did you buy the controller? My dealer said the unit was about $600 installed ($350 for the unit and another $150 for an adaptor and the rest was installation). I haven't found it on any US sites... just UK. Thanks!
    Girl Glamper | Austin, TX | 2018 Land Rover Discovery | 2018 T@B 400 |
    Partner in Crime: Black pug (Lulu)
  • Options
    I ordered it from Elsie in the parts department at Pleasant Valley Trailers, she is very helpful, if you use the part numbers I listed above she will get you what you need.
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Where did you buy the controller? My dealer said the unit was about $600 installed ($350 for the unit and another $150 for an adaptor and the rest was installation). I haven't found it on any US sites... just UK. Thanks!
    Call Elsie at Pleasant Valley (telephone number at right inder contact numbers). She is the parts dept. As mentioned above, it is about $200. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”