Options

T@B Sighting

1101112131416»

Comments

• Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 905
    Just returned from a 2,300 mile trip traveling thru Washington, Oregon, California, Nevada, and Idaho.  Six T@b sightings!  A shout out to all of you!
    * June 19 11AM a silver and black 400 just north of the Tri Cities
    * June 20 2:30 PM northbound on I 5 south of Shasta
    * June 27 1:30 PM a silver and white 320 on HWY 80 between Sacramento and Tahoe
    * June 28 1:15 PM a white 400 just west of Elko, NV
    * June 29 1:30 a Silver with red on I 84 east bound east of Boise
    * July 1  Noon a white or silver with red and solar on the back on I 95 stopped in construction south of Lewiston

LOVE to see all you T@bbers out having great adventures!
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357
    Phoenix - Saw a beautiful 400 merging on SR-51 from Glendale heading north this morning.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,594
    We drove . . . across Montana. Only passed one T@B (a 320S like ours!) . . .
    I was in Montana for a 1+ week adventure in late June.

Saw one 320 heading west on US-2 (see earlier, June24, post),
    another one on I-90 headed east,
    two 400's at the Missoula KOA,
    and one T@G at a Missoula gas station.  =)
    '18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    CJaxCJax Member Posts: 62
    I am really late to this particular thread...

Last year (2020) during covid lockdown, we decided to get an AirBnB near Flagstaff for Thanksgiving... the idea was that my wife and I would go west from Houston, her daughter and her daughter's boyfriend would come east from LA, and since we had all been quarantining (is that really a verb now?), all would be good to share Thanksgiving together, and it was indeed.

On the way home, we pulled into a rest area on I-10 in either AZ or NM (don't remember which) heading east, and saw this really cool teardrop. I'd never seen anything quite as cool vis-a-vis travel trailers. I noted the graphics (nuCamp, Boondock), went home and researched. I don't even know if the one I saw was a 320 or a 400, because I wasn't smart enough to know the difference at that time.

Any day now, we will take delivery of our T@B 400 Boondock. (I kept going back to the website and finally pulled the trigger in February.) So whoever you were with your T@B east of Flagstaff on I-10 heading east shortly after Thanksgiving of last year, thank you for the inspiration! We look forward to being seen out there amongst all of you soon!

Cheers,
    C
    2021 T@B 400 Boondock 'Valhalla'
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk V6
    veni, vidi, bibi capulus
  • Options
    xdrxdr Member Posts: 261
    Heading to Colorado Thursday at noon and passed a back/gray Tab400 and  black/gray Tab 320 just south of Santa Fe on I-25.  We have seen more Tabs in NM than we did in our entire trip from NM to Ohio! 

2021 T@b 400 BDL, 2020 Ram Rebel 1500  
    One man, one woman, two small dogs and a sense of humor.
  • Options
    xdrxdr Member Posts: 261
    Thurs July 15 cont’d—4 more  Tabs-Tab 400, Tab 320 clamshell, 2 Tags. All headed south in NM 285. 
    Where’s everyone headed to/from? 
    2021 T@b 400 BDL, 2020 Ram Rebel 1500  
    One man, one woman, two small dogs and a sense of humor.
  • Options
    SusanDSusanD Member Posts: 87
    Cute Tab 320 parked around the corner from my cousin's place in Dundas, Ontario!
    2021 Tab320S Boondock, 2019 Subaru Outback 2.5
  • Options
    ckjsckjs Member Posts: 64
    Today a white & red 400 gave us a friendly couple of beeps as we returned to our silver & blue 320 clamshell along highway 1 in Gualala, CA! Nice!
    Charles & Judy, Santa Cruz, CA
    2018 T@B 320 CS-S; Alde 3020; 4 cyl 2020 Subaru Outback Onyx XT
  • Options
    Trip from Spokane to Priest Lake week before Labor Day... saw and waved at a T@b coming out of Priest Lake, was camping across from the new owners of a 400 from Massachusetts (so fun to show them how the Alde works), and saw the owners of the "Radio Flier" T@b we had met there last summer!  So fun to see "family" :)

• Options
    gophergradgophergrad Member Posts: 115
    Saw TWO newer model black & white T@bs in the vicinity of Flathead Lake this weekend.  We're the silver & yellow T@b that honked and waved :-)
    2017 CS-S Max (Silver & Yellow), TV 2019 Ram 1500
    Camping under the Big Sky
  • Options
    MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,503
    edited September 2021
    ckjs said:
    Today a white & red 400 gave us a friendly couple of beeps as we returned to our silver & blue 320 clamshell along highway 1 in Gualala, CA! Nice!
    On Aug 30 I crossed paths with a T@B that was westbound on SR128 between Yorkville and Boonville.
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • Options
    We have decided that all the T@bs are in the west and love to go camp once kids are back in school.  Went on an 11 day, 3,000 mile trip from Spokane to Rushmore/Badlands and back and saw TWENTY TWO T@bs out having fun!!!  In case any of you are like us and look here to see if anyone gives a shout out, here we go:
    9/16
    * Black and White outback westbound I90 between 4th of July and Lookout Passes
    * 400 west bound near Lookout Pass
    * White with orange 320 west bound west of Missoula
    * 400 2 minutes later west bound west of Missoula
    9/18
    * Gray with black westbound I90 near Sheridan, WY
    * 400 from Nebraska who stopped to say hi at reststop
    * 320 Gray with blue west of Devil's Tower, WY
    * 320 at Devil's Tower
    9/19
    * Silver with black boondocking near Badlands
    * White and yellow T@g at N entrance of the Badlands
    * 4 t@BS at Cedar Pass Campground in Badlands (stopped to see if it was a rally they forgot to invite us to! :o)
       - Jeff and Connie heading to Seattle to see grandbaby
       - 2021 Clamshell from Ohio
       - Mike and Kathy FROM SPOKANE!!!!
       - An outback from Michigan
    * Silver with black 400 between Rapid City and Badlands
    9/23
    * Silver and black Outback in Jackson, WY
    * Great couple camped down the way from us in Colter Bay campground (fun campfire together!)
    * Gray with yellow near Jenny Lake in the Tetons
    9/24
    * 400 heading to GA from CA just west of Teton pass (had a great talk at the gas station)
    9/25
    * Black on silver eastbound on I84 west of Boise
    * Silver with black 320 heading east toward Weiser, ID
    * @BirdieJane who surprised us and met us at Ponderosa campground near McCall, ID for the last night of our trip.

Such a wonderful community of people!  Spotting T@bs is more fun than VW bugs!!! (Are we dating outselves?!)

• Options
    Think six is most I've seen on a single outing . . . .

• Options
    CarolynCarolyn Member Posts: 125
    saw acred and silver T@b on US 35 in Winamac, Indiana. Anyone from this forum?
    2014 CS, tie-dyed exterior, "Tabula Rasa" and 2009 T@da also tie-dyed, “Grateful”
  • Options
    jimrjjimrj Member Posts: 57
    On October 4th, saw a TAB and a TAG at Maryhill State Park in the Columbia Gorge area of Washington. 
    Jim and Robin / 2021 320S / 2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk / Oregon
  • Options
    SusanDSusanD Member Posts: 87
    @jimrj Wish it was me! Missing the Gorge...
    2021 Tab320S Boondock, 2019 Subaru Outback 2.5
  • Options
    CharlieRNCharlieRN Member Posts: 439
    We just got back from our longest T@B trip so far, PA to NC, with stays at state parks interspersed with Harvest Host locations. We saw many RVs along the way and a ton of other campers, including more 5th wheel types than I would have expected. Not a single T@B sighting in the 1k mile round trip though.
    That said, our 320 was the hit of every campground. Everyone seems to love their looks and are amazed when they find out we have heat, hot water, A/C, entertainment, stove and refrigerator. I think we are going to start charging for tours with the money donated to charity.
    2021 T@B 320 S Boondock / 2022 Telluride - Phillies/Eagles/Flyers Country
  • Options
    PNWtabberPNWtabber Member Posts: 491
    I saw a T@DA trailer this week on the North Cascades highway in Washington state!  I never saw one before!  I was east-bound and they were heading west.
    2018 T@B 320 S Boondock  |  2015.5 Volvo XC60 T6 AWD  |  Seattle, WA, USA
    "Blessed are the curious, for they shall have adventures.”― Lovelle Drachman

• Options
    nmdreamnmdream Member Posts: 27
    SC , T@B sighting - Got a 2 for 1 day. Passed one over in Blufton SC near HH Island, 30 minutes later I spotted one near Ridgeland SC . Someone having a festival ?   :) - Happy Campers . Enjoy the adventure !
    2020 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate 181 HP w/Hayden 678 Rapid Cool
    2019 T@B 320 S 

• Options
    SubaruLouSubaruLou Member Posts: 119
    Saw a lovely custom dark green T@b 320 as I drove thru our municipal park on Lake Lewisville, TX this afternoon! 😍 Happy trails and Thanksgiving to the lucky owners if you’re on here!

2019 T@B 320 S  |  2019 Subaru Ascent
  • Options
    AmyJoAmyJo Member Posts: 24
    I camped for the first time this month in Salt Springs, FL, where I met Kathy who was a full timer in a 2020 Boondock TAB.  We had a great conversation.  It was wonderful meeting someone my age who not only owned a TAB but traveled the country with it full time.  Happy travels, Kathy, wherever you are now in Florida.
    Sliver and white 2018 T@B 320S bought 10-21 in Sarasota, FL.  
  • Options
    CrabTabCrabTab Member Posts: 457
    We saw an eastbound Tab 400 on I-264 in Virginia Beach around 12:30PM today, 2/28. We were the one shouting 'Hello' as we headed westward...  B)

2019 320 Boondock Edge
     - Sold Jan 2022
  • Options
    DerecoDereco Member Posts: 89
    edited August 2022
    5 Tab sightings, (all in Newfoundland) including one in gas station in Gander, one in parking lot of Walmart in Corner Brook, 2 on highway (both were headed west) in central Newfoundland, and one driving through Clarenville area.  We’ve never seen more than one or two in our travels… would be nice to chat with fellow owners on the island if there are any.
  • Options
    Friday Sep-23th spotted two TaB in central Montana . .
    I was of course towing my Red Trim 320S . . . .
  • Options
    sranderlesranderle Member Posts: 78
    Drove through the campground at Cascade River SP in northern MN this afternoon.  Saw five T@bs camping , must be a convention!?  Most we've ever seen in one place.  We're down the street at Temperance River SP, then Lake Vermillion, and finally Father Hennepin.

Enjoy your adventure!
    Steve & Sherry
    2016 T@b Q
    Lakeville, MN
  • Options
    JilongJilong Member Posts: 85
    My wife and I waved at a young couple towing a cute T@B 320 Boondock named Rosie with a Subaru Outback as they passed our T@B 400 today on I-29 Southbound in Iowa.

To whomever you are, enjoy your travels!
    2018 Tab 400 × 2013 Toyota Highlander Limited AWD