Options

Tote bins

We found these totes at Home Depot. They are 1/2 the size of the regular ones. For our needs they are working very well. They are big enough to hold several items yet small enough to fit in small spaces. Since owning a T@B means down sizing these fit the bill for us.
  1. Hash  T@B Fun

Comments

• Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    We found these totes at Home Depot. They are 1/2 the size of the regular ones. For our needs they are working very well. They are big enough to hold several items yet small enough to fit in small spaces. Since owning a T@B means down sizing these fit the bill for us.
    Dale, do they fit under the benches?

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Here are the dimensions 10.6w x 14.7L x 9.1H
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Hi, I'm Ratkity and am a Tote Bin Addict. My goal is to pack essentials that I really need in a logical way (yay for label makers!) that can be tucked in the back of the bed of the pickup that take up the least amount of space. I had the double-folding lid like Dale and found that even with the tonneau cover on the truck bed, some water will get in them. I use those for things in the house. OMG.. Is there a TAA (Tote Addict Anonymous)?? Right now I'm looking for a 20"W x 30"L x 14"H. LOL.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Caution.  These totes aren't really sturdy.  I used four last winter for food staples in the back seat of the truck.  They break easily and the lid's are the first to go.  I agree that they look good, but as Ratkity says, they aren't waterproof either.  It's too bad because they are just the right size for so many things.  I'm down to two at home now, with two having been recycled with cracked plastic and broken lids.  And, I'm not rough with stuff that I own. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Oh, I have to ditto Verna's caution. When that plastic gets a little chilled at all, it gets brittle and cracks if you look at it cross-eyed. That said, I have one folding lid bin (solid color) that is easily over 10 years old and still kicking around. I had it for loose stuff in the back of my first Chevy truck I owned (1994, sold in 2006). Not sure if the bin is still intact because it probably had the old hazardous plastic chemicals in it, it was made tougher back then, or I just have the luck of the Irish? This bin started living full time in the house in 2006, btw. Could be the easy living part too.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    We like them because of the size you can not load the to heavy. They fit well in small places in the trailer. We have 8 of them and so far they are holding up fine. They are what they are. They stack well and nest the lids stay attached. A higher grade of plastic would be good but use them mainly for there size.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    We like them because of the size you can not load the to heavy. They fit well in small places in the trailer. We have 8 of them and so far they are holding up fine. They are what they are. They stack well and nest the lids stay attached. A higher grade of plastic would be good but use them mainly for there size.
    Dale, that's fine.  I just meant to watch how you handle them.  They won't take any large changes in temperatures, and watch how much weight you put on the lids.  They will work for at least one season.  They lasted me for what I needed them for last winter, but I did have three seasons of weather in the 3 1/2 months of wintering in the Southwest. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”