Options

Am I too tall?

2»

Comments

• Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    One of my concerns was exactly the heading of this discussion. Being 6' myself, and Liz at 5'8", we wondered what challenges were ahead of us. I have to duck a little, but don't even give it a thought any more. We looked at a LOT of trailers, different brands, makes, sizes and models. We even considered the CS model prior to making our decision on the MAX S. The drawback for myself and the CS was the size [length] of the bed, not so much the height of the trailer itself. Both of us spend very little time inside the trailer other than sleeping, changing clothes, showering, or using the bathroom at night. We have the Paha Que tent that we only use for stays over three days. Other wise, we use a 14' x 12' screened awning over the picnic table for cooking, eating, dishes, and sitting. I guess it all boils down to how much time you plan on spending in your trailer actually standing up, and how much of an inconvenience it will be for you. The only REAL challenge that I personally have had inside the trailer is the bathroom. Having gotten used to it, and the convenience of having it after years of tent/tent trailer camping, it is not even an issue for me any more. Bottom line, to each their own, and give it a test run, a word of caution, the little T@B WILL grow on you!
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    lapowers57lapowers57 Member Posts: 186
    I am 6'1.  I can't stand in the T@B but most of the time I am sitting not standing.  We did buy the tent, amongst other things It gives me a place to stand when changing clothes.  I do the dishes outside at the picnic table or at the campground cleaning station when ever possible but I can do them hunched over, sitting or kneeling at the sink when necessary.  

I can just stand at the toilet but really sitting down is the way to go (pun intended).  Showering is also done sitting down.  When in a campground I use the supplied facilities but when rough camping or when nature calls in the middle of the night the bathroom is great to have.

We had to buy the S model because I do not fit in the CS. 

For our style of camping the T@B is a place to sleep or sit around on a cold or rainy night.  We are off doing things during the day  Standing up in it was never a requirement for me. Like some others here I use to backpack so the T@B feels huge.  I also spent a lot of time on small boats.  Even on our 33 foot boat I could not stand upright.  

While not an issue for me, only you can decide if it is right for your.
    2016 T@B M@X S grey/red 16 Foot Airstream, towed by 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee V6 4x4, Central Connecticut

• Options
    Machak88Machak88 Member Posts: 160
    I am 5'10", hubby 6'2". We love our S-Max and have enjoyed three active camping seasons so far. We cook outside only and spend waking hours mostly outside, though. 
    2014 T@B S-Maxx with 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport Turbo, Atlanta, GA. 
  • Options
    webcrawlerwebcrawler Member Posts: 133
    I am 6'-4" and the only real issue I have is sleeping with me feet hanging off.  However, I found a great simple solution.  I go one of those cheap square food out foot stools from walmart.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Furinno-Oxford-10060R1-Square-Foldable-Storage-Stool-Ottoman/38378250

I set it up in front of the fridge and it is almost the same height as the bed.  However, we add a 2" memory foam topper to the bed so I put one of the side cushions on top of it and it is perfect.  Works out GREAT!!!!  No more dangling feet.  I also store my clothes inside of it at night.  We turn it upside down and use it as a table on the bench seats when the bed in not made...

P.S. Keeps wife from raiding the fridge at nights well!!!!

Kennesaw, Georgia

2016 Silver/Black T@B M@x S with Scuba Black interior.  2015 Lincoln MKC AWD 2.0L Ecoboost tow vehicle. Tekonsha Prodigy wireless Brake Controller.