Options

T@B Trailer Cover

I just purchased a 2014 T@B and am looking to purchase a cover.  Any feedback on the Trailer Cover sold at the Tearkdrop shop for $535.00?

Comments

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,477
    It's tight fitting and very heavy duty. Mine has an off-center seam that runs the entire length of the top that I'm not too thrilled about given the price; I'm not sure if that's normal, or if I happened to get one that was pieced together. The front is big enough to flop over the propane box, but again, for the money I would have appreciated something a little more form fitting.

Not really griping here. It will separate you from some coin, but it's a very good cover. Cheaper alternatives have been discussed on the forum--do a search and they should come up.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    cnevincnevin Member Posts: 4
  • Options
    TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092
    We will be storing our Tab outside most of the time.  Do you think a cover is necessary?
    Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
    2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,477
    I bought it for outdoor storage during the New England winter to provide a little protection against snow and ice. Even with the cover, I do try tho rake the snow off after a big storm, as it can get pretty heavy over time. Once the T@B is out for the season, I doubt I'll bother wrestling the cover on and off on a regular basis.

I can't really say whether a cover is truly necessary at any time. Anyone out there experience environmental damage that a cover might have prevented? 
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    db_cooperdb_cooper Member Posts: 726
    I just ordered the 16'6" RPod cover for our Max Outback.   I figure with the cargo rack and bike racks I've installed any T@B specific cover is going to not fit or be too tight.  I just want something to keep the UV and bird poop off the trailer.  Plus it rains a little bit here on the Olympic Peninsula. :)    I should have it next week,  so I'll post up a picture showing the fit.  I'm hoping it will also keep zombies away, and discourage theft.
    2015 Max S Outback | 2010 Xterra

• Options
    So here it is,  I think it will work fine for my purposes.  I threw it on in a hurry since a big shower was coming, no problem with a step ladder getting it on by myself.   This is the 16'6 Rpod version.  It fits well over the fantastic fan big cover and the cargo rack with bicycle attachments.   Also covers the entire front platform with a couple of rubbermaid tubs attached.  The door lines up fine,  the zippers are a bit cheap feeling, but I don't think I'll be using them that much.  Getting a good thunderstorm right now,  so I'll have to go see how it does in the wind.  Bonus, it also hides the teardrop shape from prying zombies.

• Options
    Mr_Mrs_GnomeMr_Mrs_Gnome Member Posts: 241
    Thanks @db_cooper, been wondering what it looks like.
    '17 Outback S - TV 2016 Chevy Colorado in "Colorful Colorado"
  • Options
    10 minutes after I got it on there, we got a pretty good blow and hard rain,  and it stayed put.  For the money I think it's a good alternative.  Stuff here grows moss no matter how expensive it is,  so i feel better about replacing this one every 4 or 5 years if necessary.

• Options
    cortlandjimcortlandjim Member Posts: 12
    i also purchased an rpod cover. its a little big but a couple bundgie cords works great. 
    2014 T@b CS - S, Clamshell with wet bath, 2015 Chevy Colorado tow vehicle.