Options

Just ordered 2106 T@B CS-S!

Restless_NativeRestless_Native Member Posts: 116
edited February 2016 in Introductions
After countless hours of reading advice from this forum, I just ordered my "Tabin in the Woods." Silver-on-silver CS-S max with the following modifications:
front window
side portal window
exterior shower
aluminum front tongue rack
replace front bench inside with custom cabinet and sink
remove sink from wet bath
remove TV from clamshell galley & and replace with cabinet door. 
Solid scuba black upholstery-no print
my only disappointment was they wouldn't split the cushions - made several attempts. 

I live in SW Florida and will be driving about 9 hours one-way to pick it up. Justin at Southland RV in Georgia was just great to work with! 

Like many on this forum, I am a solo camper and ready to get out of a tent. I also intend to travel full time when I retire in 3 years. I figure this will give me time to work the bugs out. So so while I wait, I fantasize about glamping it up and making it cozy. 

Thanks to all of you who post here. Your experience has been invaluable!
Amanda, Ft. Myers, FL Ag@tha 2017 T@B CS-S  , TV: 2013 Chevy Equinoz LTZ

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Congrats - You'll love it.
  • Options
    db_cooperdb_cooper Member Posts: 726
    Back to the Future to pick it up I see. :)
    2015 Max S Outback | 2010 Xterra

• Options
    db_cooper said:
    Back to the Future to pick it up I see. :)
    Haha. Yes! Would have named her the T@rdis, but have been beaten to the punch! 

• Options
    tabhappytabhappy Member Posts: 40
    Good for you!  Now the wait.  Last year we ordered a custom Clamshell too.  At that time it was really hot here in Texas so I didn't think twice about not wanting to cook inside.  Although, I do want my coffee first thing without having to go out so we got the frig inside.  (don't like powdered cream).  I Wish I had them put D/C up front for a coffee maker though, and should have eliminated the TV in the back like you did.  We'll never use that!  They wouldn't split the cushions for us either, I wonder why, but that was an easy fix.  Well, I hope your wait isn't too grueling!    
       Dena & Jim  Plano, Texas
    Became Tabbers Oct. 24, 2015

• Options
    tabhappy said:
    Good for you!  Now the wait.  Last year we ordered a custom Clamshell too.  At that time it was really hot here in Texas so I didn't think twice about not wanting to cook inside.  Although, I do want my coffee first thing without having to go out so we got the frig inside.  (don't like powdered cream).  I Wish I had them put D/C up front for a coffee maker though, and should have eliminated the TV in the back like you did.  We'll never use that!  They wouldn't split the cushions for us either, I wonder why, but that was an easy fix.  Well, I hope your wait isn't too grueling!    
    Fridge inside a good idea! I thought of coffee and didn't think the cream thing through

• Options
    suewernersbachsuewernersbach Member Posts: 10
    I am waiting on a 2016 silver/silver cs-s also!
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    After countless hours of reading advice from this forum, I just ordered my "Tabin in the Woods." Silver-on-silver CS-S max with the following modifications:
    front window
    side portal window
    exterior shower
    my only disappointment was they wouldn't split the cushions - made several attempts. 

I live in SW Florida and will be driving about 9 hours one-way to pick it up. Justin at Southland RV in Georgia was just great to work with! 

Like many on this forum, I am a solo camper and ready to get out of a tent. I also intend to travel full time when I retire in 3 years. I figure this will give me time to work the bugs out. So so while I wait, I fantasize about glamping it up and making it cozy. 

Congrats, can't wait to see the photos!

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    I am waiting on a 2016 silver/silver cs-s also!
    Oh that's exciting! If you get yours before mine, I want to see pictures!!

• Options
    jkjenn said:
    front window
    side portal window
    exterior shower

Congrats, can't wait to see the photos!
    Thanks Jenn, I think I've bookmarked every post you've made! You really give great details and instructions!

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Congratz!! You'll find so many wonderful people in your travels and on this forum. Welcome aboard!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    John_and_KrisJohn_and_Kris Member Posts: 302
    Congrats and welcome. Congrats on you mods...please post some pics when you get it. 
    Happy T@Bing
    John - Kris & our Golden "Blossom"
    South Carolina
    Live simply,Love generously,Care deeply,Speak Kindly,Leave the rest to God
  • Options
    Congrats and welcome. Congrats on you mods...please post some pics when you get it. 
    Happy T@Bing
    Thanks John & Kris! Will do!