Options

tent, dome awning

Debating about getting tent for new outback I just purchased.  Tent looks like you would loose light also have read it is heavy and hard to dry should it get wet. Any thoughts most camping will be in dry conditions but think extra space may be nice.

Comments

• Options
    longleafpinelongleafpine Member Posts: 12
    Hello,
    We have a 2014 Maxx S. We also have and use the screened tent whenever possible. It has
     been a terrific benefit and and has enlarged our space immensely. We use the tent area for dining and lounging and leave the bed made up. In St. Joseph peninsula
    Last Nov. the winds were very strong and we survived
    in fine shape. The tent is bright inside and allows for the Tabb door to remain open to let in light. Hope this helps.
                                                        longleafpine
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,454
    We got a T@B in part so we could stop fussing with a tent. We did just pull the trigger on the awning for our second season with the trailer. Time will tell if that was a good investment. YMMV.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    wanderingchickof66wanderingchickof66 Member Posts: 18
    I bought the awning shortly after I brought my T@B CS-S home. It works well and I am able to attach it myself. This summer my great-nephew and I went out west for 4 weeks so I bought the tent. We drove 3 days till we reached South Dakota setting up the tent and taking it down each morning. It was easy. I have since used it camping in cold weather as a living room and for my dog to have paws washed before entering the T@B. Again no problem attaching it myself.  I have a small electric heater that worked perfect to warm it up in the 35 degrees in the evening. 
    Pam - Blandon, PA
    2015 T@B CS-S (Miss Daisy) towed by a 2014 GMC Acadia
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    I bought the awning shortly after I brought my T@B CS-S home. It works well and I am able to attach it myself. This summer my great-nephew and I went out west for 4 weeks so I bought the tent. We drove 3 days till we reached South Dakota setting up the tent and taking it down each morning. It was easy. I have since used it camping in cold weather as a living room and for my dog to have paws washed before entering the T@B. Again no problem attaching it myself.  I have a small electric heater that worked perfect to warm it up in the 35 degrees in the evening. 
    How long to set up and take down, by yourself?

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    wanderingchickof66wanderingchickof66 Member Posts: 18
    edited March 2016
    Jkjenn :  Maybe about 10-15 minutes. Depending how many people want to know what I'm doing or my dog is trying to play while I'm setting it up. I'm leaving tomorrow to camp in northeast PA. Supposed to have rain and gusty winds so I might wait till the next day to set it up. I'll try to post pics. 
    Pam - Blandon, PA
    2015 T@B CS-S (Miss Daisy) towed by a 2014 GMC Acadia