Options

New Owner

ddetarddetar Member Posts: 23

After looking at them for two years I am going to Florida this week to pick up a 2015 CS-S.  My wife and I are excited.  I have been following this forum for several months and it has been very helpful in my decision making process.  I have picked up a lot of helpful tips that I would have had to learn on my own.  I am sure I will ask a lot of rookie questions as I move forward but judging from the posts I have been reading they will be answered in a very helpful manner.

Comments

• Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    Welcome aboard!

Don't forget, the search function is your friend.  There is a lot of great information here, but if you can't find an answer, don't be afraid to ask.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Congrats and welcome!

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    kidwarekidware Member Posts: 13
    You should also join the T@B Facebook group ...
    Lou in Seattle
    2012 LG T@B towed with 2004 Suburban
  • Options
    John_and_KrisJohn_and_Kris Member Posts: 302
    Welcome and Happy T@Bing
    John - Kris & our Golden "Blossom"
    South Carolina
    Live simply,Love generously,Care deeply,Speak Kindly,Leave the rest to God
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Welcome aboard! - And I'll second the search box suggestion. When I first got mine, I found perusing the various categories over their in the right column helpful. If for nothing else just to alert me to the various topics and issues discussed. Gave me a good overview.
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Welcome dd!! You sound well-prepared and ready for your new camping buddy. Safe travels!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    TaB2goTaB2go Member Posts: 57
        Welcome, you are going to love every min. This is the best thing ever, this camping stuff. Sometimes insane, but fun. =)
  • Options
    TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092
    I'm a newbie as well,  and this site is the best!   Welcome..   And.......  We all love pictures... 
    Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
    2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options

Thank you everyone.  We are heading off on our "shake down' trip tomorrow.  I am sure we will have a few questions upon our return.

• Options
    We have been on three trips with our TAB since we bought it.  Two involved very cold temperatures at night and the other featured mid 90's during the day and low 80's at night.  We were pleased that the TAB allowed us to be comfortable under both extremes.  The heater takes about 45 minutes to warm the area sufficiently which may have something to do with the fact that the hot air comes out beneath the bed set up.  It also took a while for the AC to cool down but when it did it we had to adjust the temperature because it got so cold.   Also pleasantly surprised by how quickly the hot water heater works.   We found that the 30 amp electric option gives extremely hot water in 10 minutes, or less.  This makes it possible to turn it on only when you need it.  Really have to be careful when using the shower to get temperature adjusted before using.   We tried both the bed slat and table approach and found the table works best for us. All in all, we have been very pleased with our TAB and it's features.
  • Options

Based on a recommendation from my dealer I use "Simple Green" heavy duty cleaning solution when washing the outside of my TAB.  It does a good job of getting it clean but does nothing for stubborn stains from rain or who knows what.  Can someone recommend a method or product that I can use to get these "marks" off?

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Magic eraser (test area first). Regular car wash soap or even Dawn would be a start before harsher chemicals.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    Skin So Soft - I'm told - Haven't tried it but know people who swear by it.
  • Options
    tingle49tingle49 Member Posts: 13
    Dealer here recommended Dawn tried it worked good
    Sometimes I think well; sometimes I don 't think so well... 
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    PXL, Skin So Soft? How DO you wash your trailer? REALLY? :o
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    I'd never heard of it before my sister-in-law was using it to remove some residue from some foam tape. Since I'm on the road all the time, I rely on whatever the handiest car wash is using :-)
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
     ;) 
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf