Options

Shower latch caution

13»

Comments

• Options
    Well I have a 400 and my shower door handle came off in my hand but fortunately I was going in when it happened! I would have been trapped in the shower if I was inside at the time.  To this day (3 years later) I never pull the shower door closed all the way for fear the handle will come off again. It won't though,  I tightened the loose screws.... but I can't get the fear out of my mind now!
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    I'm sure that's why they install telephones in the bathroom in better hotels....  :D
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    edited October 2021
    @TabbyShack. I changed the washroom (head) door handle thenother way round, so the lever and lock is on the inside, and the knob on the outside.  The round knob is hard to open when wet, for my arthritic hands, but the lever is easy from the inside, and even if,the knob screw comes loose, you can still get out.

I also hung the door the other way round, so it opens from the back (rather from the front) and the door when open, now blocks the isle from the front.  This gives you dressing area and room to dry and dress between the door and rear bunk.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 834
    edited October 2021
    I like that Denny. I'm going to look into that when my 22 comes in.  I really like the door opening the other way too!
  • Options
    Once you remove the door, the trim around the door needs to be swapped around, and you leave the hardware on the door, just turn it upside down to change the hinge side.  You will also need to move the mirror back up to the height you need.  The mirror is held by some fixing putty in addition to the edge brackets.  You need to pry the mirror up carefully to release the putty.
    cheers
  • Options
    LawyerboyLawyerboy Member Posts: 98
    I always wonder why the lock would be on the outside of the door. If you use it, you would want to keep yourself secure from anyone coming in but in a tab, no one can even fit in there with you. Almost begs the question of why we even need a bathroom door lock. 
  • Options
    The door lock on the TaB320 is to secure the door during transit (going down the road), not when in use.
    cheers
  • Options
    LawyerboyLawyerboy Member Posts: 98
    Ah that makes sense though the magnet on mine is quite strong