Options

Window flower box?

While I patiently wait for my T@B to be delivered, I wonder if any of you have ideas as to how I could hang flower boxes (ala vintage) outside the windows of the T@B? There's no dealer locally so can't see one in person to look.
Amanda, Ft. Myers, FL Ag@tha 2017 T@B CS-S  , TV: 2013 Chevy Equinoz LTZ

Comments

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Some heave used suction cups.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Occasionally when I am traveling out west I will buy a cactus plant, place it in a nice pot and use that as a nice ornamental piece at each campsite.  Makes a very easy and carefree plant while on the road ad since I collect them, also adds to my assortment of cactus plants at home.  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    TABakerTABaker Member Posts: 432
    edited April 2016
    Shower caddies

Crystal & Daisy, a yellow 2007 T@B Q previously towed by a 2008 Jeep Liberty, and currently towed by a 2016 RAM 1500.

• Options
    Restless_NativeRestless_Native Member Posts: 116
    jkjenn said:
    Some heave used suction cups.
    Never thought of that! Thanks!

• Options

Occasionally when I am traveling out west I will buy a cactus plant, place it in a nice pot and use that as a nice ornamental piece at each campsite.  Makes a very easy and carefree plant while on the road ad since I collect them, also adds to my assortment of cactus plants at home.  
    This sounds like such a great souvenir habit! Great idea. And since I kill real plants- safer

• Options

TABaker said:
    Shower caddies

Crystal - that's what I was wondering. Are the windows made in such a way that I could hook something thin over the edge (like maybe a cabinet hook) and the screens still function? I've always wondered how you attached yours. 

• Options
    DeeDeeDeeDee Member Posts: 115
    Considering these from Ikea that will hook on the window ledge and you should still be able to pull the screen down most of the way. 
    Light weight metal and should be easy to paint.
    DeeDee & The Captain
    2016 Orange MaxQ
    Henry's Fork River, Eastern Idaho

• Options
    DeeDee and Tardistravel 360, I made these today in about 15 minutes.  It had been in my list along with awnings which I also made.  

The tubs are clear plastic shower tubs (Walmart). They come with two large suction cups each.

I used "cork tape" (made of actual cork) to wrap around the tubs to give them a rustic look. I found this in the ribbon aisle.

Trimmed length of blocks of green foam found in fake flower aisle. Drop them in.

Cut individual flowers off bunch of 7 stems sold as a single piece and place in the green foam. Done!

These are adorable! How well do the suction cups work?

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    You know, they kick you out of some places if you look like you're "homesteading" :-)
  • Options
    PXLated said:
    You know, they kick you out of some places if you look like you're "homesteading" :-)
    LOL! I know from your posts that you don't like any of that glamping stuff.

• Options
    Stayed one night in a campground where there were so many strings of flashing lights, whirly gigs and stuff it looked like a carnival midway - note, I stayed "one" night :-)
  • Options
    RollingLagrimaRollingLagrima Member Posts: 435
    edited April 2016
    DeeDee and Tardistravel 360, I made these today in about 15 minutes.  It had been in my list along with awnings which I also made.  

The tubs are clear plastic shower tubs (Walmart). They come with two large suction cups each.

I used "cork tape" (made of actual cork) to wrap around the tubs to give them a rustic look. I found this in the ribbon aisle.

Trimmed length of blocks of green foam found in fake flower aisle. Drop them in.

Cut individual flowers off bunch of 7 stems sold as a single piece and place in the green foam. Done!

These are adorable! How well do the suction cups work?

The suction cups held very well during that 3 nighter. I had also put up my cottonwood and due to high winds had to do a full double stake out on all four corners. The window boxes never moved.  In fact, I had to break the seal between the cups and the tab with my fingernail in order to get them off at the end of the trip! I moistened them with water before pressing them to T@B walls below the windows on day one, and that was that.
    Sally, "PlaT@Bus" 2016 T@B Sofitel Maxx-S (plata=silver; SP), previously Little Guy 2014 Silver Shadow LE, TV -- 2013 Chevy Avalanche + two hounds.
  • Options
    PXLated said:
    Stayed one night in a campground where there were so many strings of flashing lights, whirly gigs and stuff it looked like a carnival midway - note, I stayed "one" night :-)

Well that does sound pretty awful. But I will still glamp up my camp. No whirly gigs. I promise :)

• Options
    If you see someone in a T@B making a u-turn :-)
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    PXLated said:
    If you see someone in a T@B making a u-turn :-)
    I would smile and wave anyway. And you might end up saying "Darn, that was a cute camper!" :-)

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    LOL! ^^
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    TABakerTABaker Member Posts: 432

TABaker said:
    Shower caddies

Crystal - that's what I was wondering. Are the windows made in such a way that I could hook something thin over the edge (like maybe a cabinet hook) and the screens still function? I've always wondered how you attached yours. 

Yes, mine are the same shower caddies posted by Rolling Lagrima.  I have hooked an over-the-door rack with a shelf onto the window.  We did that during our daughter's wedding reception. 

Crystal & Daisy, a yellow 2007 T@B Q previously towed by a 2008 Jeep Liberty, and currently towed by a 2016 RAM 1500.

• Options
    TABaker said:

TABaker said:
    Shower caddies

Yes, mine are the same shower caddies posted by Rolling Lagrima.  I have hooked an over-the-door rack with a shelf onto the window.  We did that during our daughter's wedding reception. 

Wow! That adds a whole new realm of possibility! Great idea!