Options

Battery cut off switch installation help

Hi everyone,
Anybody did a battery cut off switch installation inside their T@B? Also anyone know where is the location of the positive line inside the T@B?
Thanks a lot

2016 T@B Maxx S, Nissan Pathfinder

Comments

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    ST_Bob said:
    The positive line goes into the back of the converter/charger.  There shouldn't be much else connected upstream of the converter but the brake emergency switch and the Zamp solar plug.  Why, I wonder, do you want the shutoff switch inside the T@B???
    On my 2015 T@b the Zamp is wired directly to the battery.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    JltabJltab Member Posts: 89
    Thanks for the reply Bob, I just want it inside the T@B if all possible(Keep them dry maybe)
  • Options
    TonydjdTonydjd Member Posts: 111
    edited April 2016
    It's should be a 10 gauge (red)wire like Bob said you can't miss it simple process. If you look closely there you might see white wires going to ground block there should be another a larger wire also 10 gauge that is the main ground wire. The bare copper wire on that ground block goes through the floor and is bolted to the trailer frame as ground also.
    Tony D
    Central,Fl
    2015 T@B Max-S

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    jkjenn said:
    ST_Bob said:
    The positive line goes into the back of the converter/charger.  There shouldn't be much else connected upstream of the converter but the brake emergency switch and the Zamp solar plug.  Why, I wonder, do you want the shutoff switch inside the T@B???
    On my 2015 T@Bitha, the Zamp is also directly wired to the battery like jkjenn's.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Ratkity said:
    jkjenn said:
    ST_Bob said:
    On my 2015 T@Bitha, the Zamp is also directly wired to the battery like jkjenn's.
    When I installed the shunt for the Victron battery monitor , I wired the Zamp to the Shunt to make sure I was capturing the data. You could still wire it directly to the battery, but you won't capture the data.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,449
    Jltab, I was investigating this very question last week (on a 2015 M@x S). As others stated, its a red 10g wire under the driver's side bench. It runs in a bundle from the "zone" under the shower, along the front of the bench, and into a quick-connect that attaches to the converter harness.

If in doubt, look on the back of the converter for a label telling you which wire is which (based on color). Trace the one that says "Battery" back from the converter and you'll know you have the right one!
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    KyBawpawKyBawpaw Member Posts: 183
    I installed mine inside the tongue bucket but it could be put anywhere. It's a breaker type so it combines overload protection with shut off convenience. Amazon (of course) for about $15.00. Works for AWG 12 thru 8 I believe. Has collared wire receptacle for choosing the wire size you need to use.  
    "Not all those who wander are lost"- J. R. R. Tolkien 
    2014 T@B-S
  • Options
    JustJohnJustJohn Member Posts: 171
    edited April 2016
    Jlt@b, This is sort of off your thread, but why would you want your switch inside? If you stop and want to protect your TV battery (sight seeing, lunch, quick overnight without power, etc.) an outside mount might be more convenient. It is also easier to install the switch at the battery. Maybe I'm just lazy, but here is my switch installation.

2016 Outback.....North East N.C...... Former 2012 Silver Shadow
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    edited April 2016
    I agree, mine is mounted to the side of the battery, inside the front tub area for quick, easy access.  When I am charging it at home or around the trailer I can easily access the battery switch, flip it on and check my voltage by looking through the window of my trailer at a small LED meter that I mounted flush to the bench seat on the driver's side.  If it is inside you have to climb in and out of the trailer every time you want to use it.  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878

I mounted mine in the front tub (diamond plate tub) on the top cross bar. It's easy to reach for wiring (between both batteries) and easy to reach to turn on and off. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    JltabJltab Member Posts: 89
    Thanks everyone for the info it helps a lot.