Options

Outside shower lock?

This might seem like a silly question...but why is there a lock on the outside shower and not one on the battery/propane storage unit?

Comments

• Options
    RamrodRamrod Member Posts: 164
    The propane tank must be accessible at all times in case of fire
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    The shower lock is there so I can't come up and steal your water - rats :-(
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    CH751 key is the same key on all RVs and camper storage area locks. The lock is to prevent the storage cover from flying open down the road. If the lack of a lock in front is for safety, then there's a lot of Class A, B and Cs out there whose humongous sideways propane tanks are a hazard because they are in the "basement" area - all with those locked storage doors. All of those have that silly CH751 little silver key (unless re-keyed or special ordered). Even if it looks fancy and has a plastic black key head, it still has the CH751 number printed on it.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Bobbo said:
    I have been RVing for 8 years, and have never seen a propane compartment with a lock. Most of the other compartments, yes, but not the propane.

On my Class C, the electrical compartment also does not have a lock.
    My 2015 came with a lock on the LP box. I do not lock it, however, for safety.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    jkjenn said:
    Bobbo said:
    I have been RVing for 8 years, and have never seen a propane compartment with a lock. Most of the other compartments, yes, but not the propane.

Your T@B must have been made before Pleasant Valley was informed of the regulation that manufacturers cannot put locks on propane storage compartments. Ignorance is bliss until you get your hands smacked ;). Pleasant Valley was not made to do a recall on the few that had already left their property with the lock. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Verna said:
    jkjenn said:
    Bobbo said:

Your T@B must have been made before Pleasant Valley was informed of the regulation that manufacturers cannot put locks on propane storage compartments. Ignorance is bliss until you get your hands smacked ;). Pleasant Valley was not made to do a recall on the few that had already left their property with the lock. 
    Yes, my model was an early 2015. I tried the push button latch on the Sofitel they had in the show room and it was really nice.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Jo_chrisJo_chris Member Posts: 21
    edited April 2016
    Thanks everyone, now I know.
  • Options
    RollingLagrimaRollingLagrima Member Posts: 435
    jkjenn said:
    Verna said:
    jkjenn said:
    Bobbo said:

Yes, my model was an early 2015. I tried the push button latch on the Sofitel they had in the show room and it was really nice.
    Hmm, I have a 2016 Sofitel and I do not have a push latch. I have a black plastic turn nob that is not very secure. That must be something new...
    Sally, "PlaT@Bus" 2016 T@B Sofitel Maxx-S (plata=silver; SP), previously Little Guy 2014 Silver Shadow LE, TV -- 2013 Chevy Avalanche + two hounds.