Options

Wet bath dimensions

Hi, I am approaching retirement age and starting my research on travel trailers. The T@B S Max is my favorite by far. I am 5'11" tall and my husband is 6'1". I've read all the discussions I can find on taller people and how they make use (or not) of the wet bath. I'm wondering if anyone has actually measured the dimensions; length, width, etc.? I'm wondering how the size compares to wet baths found in larger RV's?  Whether it's the same or smaller. I'm assuming the ceiling is lower than 5'9" since that's the highest point inside the trailer. 

Comments

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Hi, I am approaching retirement age and starting my research on travel trailers. The T@B S Max is my favorite by far. I am 5'11" tall and my husband is 6'1". I've read all the discussions I can find on taller people and how they make use (or not) of the wet bath. I'm wondering if anyone has actually measured the dimensions; length, width, etc.? I'm wondering how the size compares to wet baths found in larger RV's?  Whether it's the same or smaller. I'm assuming the ceiling is lower than 5'9" since that's the highest point inside the trailer. 
    The height will slope as the wetbath is in the very front. Also, there is a small step up into the bathroom. If no one gets you the measurements before I will get them for you this weekend.

You can get a better idea from this video where a FT  ever stands up into it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJVS_XSHL94

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Width = 22.5 ... Length = 35 ... Left Wall Height = 65.5 ... Ceiling is curved down to the right wall behind the toilet.
  • Options
    cneedham115cneedham115 Member Posts: 4
    Thank you! That seems like a tight squeeze! We might be better off with the Q model and porta potty with outside shower, or make use of campground showers. Only way to know for sure will be to go to a dealer and try out a few different models. 
  • Options
    Raw dimensions give that impression - pretty much need to get in one. Way back when I was looking I found all small camper bathrooms were tight but didn't feel quite as bad once seated inside. But, I'm just 5'6" so not trying to squeeze that much in.
  • Options
    I just measured my office chair and the seat is 19" wide but from the outside of one arm to the oitside of the other arm it's almost 28"!  If the width is only 22.5" then we will be like the guy whose arms touched the side walls. I have visions of airplane lavatories......
  • Options
    ST_Bob said:
    Optional porthole window in the wetbath can make it feel much larger too.
    But early rather exposed!

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    jdargisjdargis Member Posts: 305
    5' 10" height
    230 lbs
    50-52 jacket size

Don't use the shower, but no problem with the toilet facilities.
  • Options
    ST_Bob said:
    The porthole window has the same privacy rotating shade as the entry door.  Not a privacy issue at all.

If it's closed it won't let any light in, negating the effect of seeming bigger. There is really nothing that can be done to make it seem bigger, honestly. It is tiny. People can either live with it or they can't. I can, but even when I was doing work into he compartment behind the toilet, I had to take breaks because I got a little claustrophobic. I don't get claustrophobic when showering or using the facilities, but when having to stand up and move around much, I do. I am 5' 9".

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    jkjenn said:
    ST_Bob said:
    Optional porthole window in the wetbath can make it feel much larger too.
    But early rather exposed!
    My T@Bitha has the portal window (with shade!!!) in the bath. I have yet to flash anyone. Sometimes my sister camps in the site beside me and I threaten to do that to her. LOL. Her Outback does not have the window and her bath seems very dark and confined to me compared with having the window. I like it the window in mine (although you might want to think twice about camping in the site to my left Muhahahahaha).
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    The vision of you trying to get your butt that high up to moon your sister is well, not a pretty thought :-)
  • Options
    PXLated said:
    The vision of you trying to get your butt that high up to moon your sister is well, not a pretty thought :-)
    If you followed the T@B Yoga Exercise regime, you'd not have that hard of a time visualizing this!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    No, the thing is, I don't want to visualize it. Just the thought is disturbing :-)
  • Options
    edited April 2016
     =) - I suggest a dark pair of glasses! B)  
  • Options
    leroybortleroybort Member Posts: 61
    We have an Outback with the bath and both hubby and I use the potty at night and he took a shower in there on our last outing last weekend.  He's about 6'2" and weighs over 280.  He said it was OK and better than the nasty camp shower.
    Sug@rsh@ck -  2016 Max S Outback, 2016 Nissan Pathfinder.  
  • Options