Options

New T@B Owner

lapowers57lapowers57 Member Posts: 186
My wife and I purchased a T@B M@X S yesterday in grey and red and will take delivery next Friday.  We also purchased the Zamp 160 solar panels and I have ordered a Trojan group 24 100ah battery.  I have spent a lot of time over the last week combing through this forum to see if the T@B would fit our needs and what changes I might need to make to have it work for us.  Thanks for all the information it was quite helpful.  

We go to several music festivals every summer and have been tent campers.  Between the need for a bathroom sometime during most nights and lack of shower facilities at many events the T@B is something we have been considering for over a year.   I am also a bird hunter and have been renting a cabin for a week each fall in norther New England.  I am looking forward to going for several long weekends at different times during the fall and to different locations.  I am even considering a trip from the east coast to Kansas this fall since it will be easier to travel with a dog and I can be flexible about where I stay.  

While this is our first RV we have owned small cruising sailboats and this is not much different.  We already have ideas for what we need to fine tune the T@B for short trips and long trips.  For weekend festivals where we will only sleep in the T@B all we need is an awning and I have already ordered one in XL.   Later this summer we will likely buy the T@B tent for trips where we will spend extended time in one location and spend more time in camp.  We will have a lot of fun this summer traveling and fine tuning our T@B.

See you on the road.

2016 T@B M@X S grey/red 16 Foot Airstream, towed by 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee V6 4x4, Central Connecticut

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Welcome aboard - Sounds like you're set for some good T@B fun.
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Welcome, sounds like you did a lot of planning ahead of time! I think everyone's needs vary, and you will "tweek" your T@B to fit your needs. Have fun, an happy trails! 
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Welcome!!!  A T@B at a music festival?? The zombies will abound!! Prepare either for constant questions, or just hand out brochures or something written. 
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    webcrawlerwebcrawler Member Posts: 133
    Congratulations!!!  
    Kennesaw, Georgia

2016 Silver/Black T@B M@x S with Scuba Black interior.  2015 Lincoln MKC AWD 2.0L Ecoboost tow vehicle. Tekonsha Prodigy wireless Brake Controller.
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Congrats!!

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    John_and_KrisJohn_and_Kris Member Posts: 302
    Congrats and happy T@Bing

John - Kris & our Golden "Blossom"
    South Carolina
    Live simply,Love generously,Care deeply,Speak Kindly,Leave the rest to God
  • Options
    lapowers57lapowers57 Member Posts: 186
    After a few issues with the car and finding out that Zamp is back ordered I finally got the T@B home.  We spent last night figuring out how everything works.  Everything seems good to go.
    2016 T@B M@X S grey/red 16 Foot Airstream, towed by 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee V6 4x4, Central Connecticut

• Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    Looks awesome, congratulations!

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    Roadie_ORoadie_O Member Posts: 40
    Wow! Looks like a great setup for lots of fun. Enjoy!
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Lookin' good, have fun!
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Welcome Pebbles!! Sounds like you are well on your way to a dream trip to Alaska. Happy travels!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    I have a small dog and cat living in it also! 
    Bless your heart! Have fun!
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York