Options

New Tongue Box Added

Installed an aluminum tongue box. Fits great and frees up a lot of room in the TV.
Can still get to the propane and battery compartment.
The dimensions are  22"H x 34"W x 14"D 
Used my Cabela's points so it did not cost me anything. Lid has gas shocks and a weather gasket. Took it for a spin to the Grand Canyon last week and worked out wonderful.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." Albert Einstein
2015 T@B M@X S White with Grey trim | TV 2021 Ascent Touring | Flagstaff AZ.

Comments

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Nice Larry!! I actually replaced my silver propane box with a similar trapezoidal aluminum box of different dimensions by DeeZee. Since I cut out venting in the back similar to the original propane/battery box, I had to shore up the aluminum in the back. I love the gas shocks - beware they are a little stiff in the cold, but don't seem to flex the aluminum now that I have it shored up in the back. Ignore the solar wires - my solar installation has changed :)

My plan is to put the group 27 battery box in front (have it, just haven't had time to install) and have 2 propane tanks in the box. I'm sorry, but I can't remember where I purchased it. It gives me +3" total side-to-side (1.5 in difference centered), +3" height and depth extra than the original propane box, but doesn't interfere with the gray and black tank outlets.

2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Awesome!

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014