Options

Can the electrical system be overloaded?

My husband may be coming with me to camp for a weekend.  This would be his first time.  He's on oxygen and we will need to bring his compressor and he wants his battery travel scooter.  I usually have the Kuerig machine, assorted phone/tablet chargers, etc.  How much can my 2015 T@B CS-S Max handle? I'm not too savvy with fuses, etc but any help is much appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    JandJ92010JandJ92010 Member Posts: 304
    Your T@B is made to handle 30 amps., so if that is what's available at your campsite then you'll be fine.
    The HobbiT@B, 2015-L, towed by a2014 RAM C/V
  • Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    Most campgrounds also have a couple of regular outlets at the pole in addition to the camper plug. So if you like, you can plug in a couple of things with heavy cords to the other outlets.
    For example, on hubby's ECV, we plug the charger for that to a heavy extension cord on one of the extra outlets on the pole, and cover it with a large gas grill cover and leave it outside.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    wizard1880wizard1880 Member Posts: 442
    Like JandJ said.  The outlets in the t@b are rated for 20a (2400w) though, and if you manage to somehow overload them, the breaker will trip first.
    T@@bulous
    2014 T@B CS Maxx
    TV: 2015 Audi Q7 3.0 V6 TDI (diesel)
    Martha Lake, WA
  • Options
    TweedrvrTweedrvr Member Posts: 122
    Thank you.  Guess we are good to go then. Now let's hope the weather is nice. 
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Tweedrvr, my other little sister is on constant O2 (not pulse). Her house O2 concentrator is huge. Can you pm me about your H's system? I was looking to help her with power needs for long trips, but experience trumps specs and instructions any day of the week. Thanks!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,449
    Adding to what others have said, if the O2 compressor is designed to plug into a regular household receptacle, you should be fine.

However, keep in mind that the 30 amp rating is for total load on the T@B; if the compressor draws a lot of power, and then you turn on your Kurig and your  AC and the Alde's electric heating elements, you might trip a breaker. Fortunately, that is problem that is easily corrected. Have fun!
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    We usually run only the CoolCat, interior lights, fridge, inside television, our CPAP machines, and all of our small electronic charging needs on the T@B power.

We usually plug tacky lights, the toaster oven, microwave, crockpot, outside fans, and hubby's ECV charger into heavy extension cords on the extra standard plugs on the pole.

If I'm camping in the cold weather, I run a ceramic heater on the T@B power, but then I'm not running the CoolCat.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    XPADREXXPADREX Member Posts: 311
    One of the neat things about adding my Progressive surge protector was being able to actually see what the draw of all items were. I was truly "worried," (although as others have said it isn't a real problem), only be ause I didn't want to pip a breaker when I find myself plugged into a friend's house while on the road and they are pulling fall less than 30 amps at their outlet. 

LOCATION: Fort Raccoon; UNIT: 2014 T@b S M@xxxx; MISSION: To have fun, make a difference, and make some friends along the way. Organ Donor Recipient- forever grateful.