Options

dragonsdofly - New Sofitel

dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
edited May 2016 in Introductions
Greetings and salutations. Brought home our new 2017 Sofitel yesterday. Out of the lurking shadows into the adventures of ownership. Like many before still learning from all of you. Thanks for the knowledge and enthusiasm. Hope soon to have adventures to share.
2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Well, welcome aboard. Once you get a T@B, those lurking shadows just get darker and darker and you have to escape and post. It's the natural evolution of things.
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    Welcome aboard and congratulations!

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    So it's not all downhill into the rabbit, er, t@b hole from here? I can feel things spiraling out of control already. Husband just feels pockets being drained. Is it just an unusual addiction or a fullblown case of OCD we've gotten into?
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    We can't tell you - It's a secret.
  • Options
    DougandMiaDougandMia Member Posts: 73
    You can tell her PXLated, she is an owner now. =)
      Mia   Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.  2015 T@B U, formerly 2012 LG 5-Wide Platform
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    There's a secret handshake too. We don't like to overwhelm the new owners, so you get it leeeetle bit by leeeeetle bit. Soon, you are neck deep in it all and there's no escape! ;)
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    So it's lions, and tigers and t@bs, oh my! Too late Ratkity, overwhelmed and overjoyed all at once. So glad to be in the club DougandMia.
  • Options
    It's definitely a fun club to be in!
  • Options
    By the way, we placed our order beginning of December. Didn't know what model year we'd get. Paperwork sent to dealer from PV says 2016 but vin # comes back as 2017. Will let PV/dealer sort it out. Don't have title yet either. It does have the build-ins around the back shelf as you have seen in earlier pics. A very nice surprise was the Lagun table bracket mounted on the exterior door side of the trailer. If I can figure out how to attach a photo I'll show you. Technologically challenged. Only access to internet is through the phone. No laptops tablets or any other computers. Will just have to figure it out. I know no pics no proof. Working on it.
  • Options
    RollingLagrimaRollingLagrima Member Posts: 435
    edited May 2016
    Love my 2016 Sofitel. Enjoy! 
    Sally, "PlaT@Bus" 2016 T@B Sofitel Maxx-S (plata=silver; SP), previously Little Guy 2014 Silver Shadow LE, TV -- 2013 Chevy Avalanche + two hounds.
  • Options
    Dragonsdofly, you can tell what year you have by counting back 8 digits from the end, on your VIN. That designates the year of your trailer. G is 2016, H would be 2017.
  • Options
    RZRBUGRZRBUG Member Posts: 890
    Dragonsdofly, you can tell what year you have by counting back 8 digits from the end, on your VIN. That designates the year of your trailer. G is 2016, H would be 2017.
    I didn't know that.  Cool.

Larry & Booger - 2013 T@B, 2012 GMC Sierra

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options
    Hi Larry! I wrote it down a few years ago. It started with numbers, ie: 7 for 2007 etc.and then changed to A in 2010, B in 2011 and so on.
  • Options
    RZRBUGRZRBUG Member Posts: 890
    Thanks, Mia.  I'll have to take a look at mine to see if it's actually the year I thought.

Larry & Booger - 2013 T@B, 2012 GMC Sierra

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    I ordered my trailer last year and when folks here started reporting that their 2017s were coming in I figured that's what I'd get. But the dealer says the year is based on when they're ordered, not when they're built. Interestingly it has the new features that are going into 2017s, although it's a 2016. 
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    Photomom, your dealer may be incorrect. Husband and I worked for Eagle Trailer nearly 20 years. Manufactured boat trailers. Model year determined by manufacture date. Each manufacturer begins new model year at their own calendar choice. I believe PV model year change to be April. Our manufacture date listed as April 2016. BTW good luck with your new t@b baby.
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Photomom said:
    I ordered my trailer last year and when folks here started reporting that their 2017s were coming in I figured that's what I'd get. But the dealer says the year is based on when they're ordered, not when they're built. Interestingly it has the new features that are going into 2017s, although it's a 2016. 
    @PXLated received his T@b before me and his his the larger freshwater tank. You never know with the new features. His is a 2014 and mine is a 2015.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Count back 8 digits from the end and you will know for sure. 
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Photomom said:
    Photomom, sorry, but your dealer is wrong. You can check your VIN tag on the left side of the tongue. It will show the manufacture month and year, along with the model year. Mine was manufactured in August 2013, model year of 2014. 

Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    I suspect a few of the things he tells me are wrong, but I checked the VIN on the trailer itself (after the getting-insurance-on-the-wrong-VIN fiasco) and the 8th digit from the end is G, which indicates it is a 2016 per DougandMia. The dealer says it just rolled off the line, which again may or may not be correct. 

After waiting so long I will be thrilled to have a T@B, don't care what year they call it! :-)
  • Options
    Absolutely, Photomom! You will be thrilled when you finally get it after waiting so long. And there is nothing wrong with having a 2016. It's still the latest model with all the newest features.
  • Options
    I believe it is common for dealers to give information to pacify customers that may or may not be accurate. Like the date they actually placed the order with LG and expected delivery date.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    jkjenn said:
    I believe it is common for dealers to give information to pacify customers that may or may not be accurate. Like the date they actually placed the order with LG and expected delivery date.
    Yep. After we get ours I will be contacting Scott Hubble with a few constructive suggestions. 
  • Options
    Jenn - Mine's a 2015 delivered in Oct 2014. Thought for sure you got yours before mine.
    Mine has the larger tanks and opening front window.
  • Options
    Photomom said:
    jkjenn said:
    Yep. After we get ours I will be contacting Scott Hubble with a few constructive suggestions. 
    Actually, you should call Dylan DeHoff at Little Guy to talk about the dealer. Pleasant Valley is the manufacturing, Little Guy takes care of dealers. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    PXLated said:
    Jenn - Mine's a 2015 delivered in Oct 2014. Thought for sure you got yours before mine.
    Mine has the larger tanks and opening front window.
    Oh, that's right. Mine is a 2015 delivered June of 2015.

• Options
    Jenn - Sure you didn't get yours before me, maybe June of 2014.
    I know you have it in a diary or spreadsheet somewhere :-)
  • Options
    PXLated said:
    @jkjenn, it appears from the discussions that you had your T@B in March of 2014 and still considered yourself an "RV newbie" at that time.  

The T@B forum was corrupted abd unavailable for a few months before that, so that's as far as I could go back. The LG forum was used for both for awhile but there is a break of a few months between postings for T@B owners. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    I don't know why I keep saying 2015...I mean 2014. Brain malfunction...they say the brain is the first thing to go. For some reason, the last three years have started to all run together.

I didn't take delivery until June 14 (2014.) 

PXLated said:
    Close! Photo files from cell phone by month on OneDrive. :)

• Options
    webcrawlerwebcrawler Member Posts: 133
    Welcome and congratulations...
    Kennesaw, Georgia

2016 Silver/Black T@B M@x S with Scuba Black interior.  2015 Lincoln MKC AWD 2.0L Ecoboost tow vehicle. Tekonsha Prodigy wireless Brake Controller.