Options

2 shower issues this weekend

So we have our second trip in, already posted about brake controller issues,  but since they are activating, I've decided to live with the display on the controller not showing connected.

The other problem we had concerned the Alde hot water.   We had full connections, and water was working fine,  holding tank was empty.  I got a nice hot shower after a bike ride, but 3 hours later when my DW came in to get one, the water was cold.   I had the Alde set to hot water only on the 3rd lever and heat was off as well as propane.  I did not touch the controls after I took a shower, so not sure why there would not be hot water.   I flipped the switch off and back on, and we had hot water later. 

The next day before we unhooked,  I put water in the holding tank, and assumed the Alde was full of hot water.  I thought there were 6 gallons of hot in the Alde, but there must be much less.   That afternoon I took a very quick shower and thought I had saved plenty of water,  but when she got back found out we were basically out of water.

So,  2 questions.  On electric,  the only setting I need to use should be the the right lever and set to the water symbol only, when cabin heat isn't necessary?

and How much water does the Alde hold?  

Other than being clean while DWifey was not,  it was still a great trip.  She wasn't too mad. :anguished:
2015 Max S Outback | 2010 Xterra

Comments

• Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    edited May 2016
    In addition to the right hand slider, you need to "choose" the source of power that the Alde uses, on the left two sliders. First slider is electric (900watts or 1800watts), and/or second slider is propane. Propane can be used alone, or as a 'booster' to the electric.

Without one of those switched on, the Alde won't work.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    Also, the Alde doesn't hold six gallons. It holds between 1 and two gallons.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    db_cooperdb_cooper Member Posts: 726
    Thanks Chan.  I think I turned the electric off -left slider-  that morning think I was turning off the heat.  It means I got lucky having hot water 4 hours later for my shower.  It also means I only put enough water in the second day for one shower because I was thinking the Alde held 6 gallons.  All operator error.

I thought I understood that Alde panel. Now I think I do. :)
    2015 Max S Outback | 2010 Xterra

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Glad DW wasn't too upset. Live and learn. Chocolate or flowers help (or a powerbar for the avid cyclist!). ;)
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    Yeah, the Alde will keep it's hot water hot for a long time, and it's very hot, so it'll stretch nicely.  
    Best to let the DW have the first shower, methinks. B-)
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    ChanW said:
    Best to let the DW have the first shower, methinks. B-)
    This.
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York