Options

Portable fan advice

We just did our first excursion and really liked the ceiling fan.  We were on shore power so there was no worry.  This did cause me to wonder when our next trip comes up, what will our alternatives be?  We could run the ceiling fan off the camper battery of course, but I'm trying to get into more energy conservation.  Is there anyone who uses a small fan (usb?) placed on the countertop or wherever?  I thought maybe it would use less and also still move the air.  Also, we have a yeti 150 and could run it off there.. 
Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
T@bbey  Road   
Appleton,  WI

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    The ceiling fan is an energy hog - The only time I use it is during the day is when I have good solar. Never at night off my battery. With a hookup, a different story.
    There are more efficient replacements for that fan if you want to spend the money.
    I haven't tried a USB fan but gave up on battery operated fans as they also chewed thru batteries faster than was convenient.
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    I have two 10" O2 fans, and two 5" O2 fans. O2 has many different ones, including one that does draw its current from a USB plug. Amazon has lots of them, Walmart has a few models, and sporting goods stores have more. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    JandJ92010JandJ92010 Member Posts: 304
    We have a two speed battery powered fan that we got from Wal-Mart, it uses 8 D batteries and has a 120 Volt adapter. Although we only go camping 1-3 weeks a year the batteries have lasted about 3 years so far and we are very happy with the fan and it works quite well.
    The HobbiT@B, 2015-L, towed by a2014 RAM C/V
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Also, Goal Zero has a new USB fan that is getting excellent reviews and is under $15.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092
    Well... I know nothing about usb fans... I bought one for about $10 at Fleet.  Their display seemed quiet.  I'd have purchased the black one, but I figured my partner would prefer red...

T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Verna said:
    I have two 10" O2 fans, and two 5" O2 fans. O2 has many different ones, including one that does draw its current from a USB plug. Amazon has lots of them, Walmart has a few models, and sporting goods stores have more. 
    I have two 5" O2 fans and one USB one that I have set up to blow out the Alde warm air from under the bed when connected to shore power. That was used before putting in the back shelf venting. Love the O2 fans and I got mine at Walmart.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    Ratkity said:
    I have two 5" O2 fans and one USB one that I have set up to blow out the Alde warm air from under the bed when connected to shore power. That was used before putting in the back shelf venting. Love the O2 fans and I got mine at Walmart.

Sunny Day loves her O2 fan ;)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Sunny Day looks like she not only owns the fan, but the bed as well! :) Probably well-deserved for such a sweet pup!!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092
    Very cute puppy....
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    Ratkity said:
    Sunny Day looks like she not only owns the fan, but the bed as well! :) Probably well-deserved for such a sweet pup!!
    She has her fleece IU dog blanket, but she prefers my afghan. That's OK, I found my Lagun table top slips into the pocket of her dog blanket and keeps it from being scratched or scratching something else while traveling ;)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    RZRBUGRZRBUG Member Posts: 890
    I have a 10" 02 that operates on D-Cell only.  My personal opinion is that it uses too many batteries and doesn't put out enough air to my liking.  On the other hand, the one time I had to use it, it was a lifesaver.

Larry & Booger - 2013 T@B, 2012 GMC Sierra

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options
    USWildflowersUSWildflowers Member Posts: 177
    Speaking of the O2 fans, anyone have specifics on the 110v adapter for them? My wife has one that didn't come with an adapter, and I don't see the adapter available on Amazon.
    gerry - Flintstone, GA - 2015 T@B S - 2012 Toyota Highlander

• Options
    JandJ92010JandJ92010 Member Posts: 304
    Speaking of the O2 fans, anyone have specifics on the 110v adapter for them? My wife has one that didn't come with an adapter, and I don't see the adapter available on Amazon.
    Input, 100-240 volts AC,  Output,12 volts DC @ 0.5 Amps. Switching Adaptor Model No. SUN-1200050.
    The HobbiT@B, 2015-L, towed by a2014 RAM C/V
  • Options
    larrygonlarrygon Member Posts: 255
    edited May 2016
    "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." Albert Einstein
    2015 T@B M@X S White with Grey trim | TV 2021 Ascent Touring | Flagstaff AZ.