Options

Dewinterizing Problem-Water pouring out drain behind tire opposite the door--2016 Tab Outback Max S

BertBert Member Posts: 87
Where is the valve that will keep water from pouring out of the drain pipe that extends down behind one of the water tanks? It's about a foot from the side of the Tab opposite the door and behind the tire. I believe that I have the Alde hot and cold water drains closed and the freshwater tank drain. What's left? The new Tab was winterized by the dealer, so I don't know what they did to open the system up when draining the water (or what I need to do to close it). I won't be filling the Tab with water until I figure out what's open.

Comments

• Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    Can you post a photo of your pipes and valves next to the Alde?
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    db_cooperdb_cooper Member Posts: 726
    Ours has a plastic yellow valve that has to be flipped, and is not pictured in the winterizing picture.  Look close to the Alde unit for a flat plastic valve lever.
    2015 Max S Outback | 2010 Xterra

• Options
    RollingLagrimaRollingLagrima Member Posts: 435
    Sally, "PlaT@Bus" 2016 T@B Sofitel Maxx-S (plata=silver; SP), previously Little Guy 2014 Silver Shadow LE, TV -- 2013 Chevy Avalanche + two hounds.
  • Options
    BertBert Member Posts: 87
    Thanks, db_cooper. I'm betting that's it. I just took the trailer back to the storage facility, so I won't know if you pegged it until we're bringing the Tab home to prepare for a trip.
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,432
    Assuming your '16 is laid out similar to my '15, the location you describe is consistent with the valve indicated by db-cooper and RollingLagrima. It's the drain for the Alde's hot water reservoir.

Note that in the photo above, the drain is closed (which is the position you want it in for normal operation). To open it, you flip the little yellow lever up so it is perpendicular to the pipe.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    I still love my label maker to label each of the valves and using arrows to indicate "summer" or "winter".  i certainly can't remember from spring to winter which goes which way ;)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”