Options

Where to buy 125v 4a Glass Fuse?

jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
I blew the fuse in my Fantastic Fan and warmer temps are coming this weekend. Would I be better to start with a True Value Hardware, an auto parts store, Tractor Supply, or skip those and go straight to an RV place?

FWIW, I had to use the magnifying app on my phone to see that it was blown.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Did't know it had a seperate one - where is it?
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    PXLated said:
    Did't know it had a seperate one - where is it?
    There is a little black cap you can see on the fan, itself. It is inside of it, at least it is on my 7350 upgrade. I think the old kit had it, too.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Auto Parts store, Jenn. Do you know why the fuse blew? It helps to know why before replacing. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    Some Home Depots may have them. You need to know if it is fast blow or slow blow. What other markings are on the fuse?
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    Mr_Mrs_GnomeMr_Mrs_Gnome Member Posts: 241
    @jkjenn, I just called them. It's a 4amp (voltage doesn't matter) slow-blow fuse. You can get them at most auto stores.
    '17 Outback S - TV 2016 Chevy Colorado in "Colorful Colorado"
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Verna said:
    Auto Parts store, Jenn. Do you know why the fuse blew? It helps to know why before replacing. 
    Yes, it happened when I was reversing fan air flow.
    Photomom said:
    Some Home Depots may have them. You need to know if it is fast blow or slow blow. What other markings are on the fuse?
    Thanks, none close to me. It's a slow burn fuse.

• Options
    edited June 2016
    @jkjenn, I just called them. It's a 4amp (voltage doesn't matter) slow-blow fuse. You can get them at most auto stores.
    Thank you!!!

The good news is that I often get fan action just from the wind swirling it around.

• Options

Did you happen to call the Twin Lakes store (just in case)? I can probably mail one to them for you. Not sure how long Priority Mail would take. It's that or LV or BV.

• Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    An electronics parts store would have them if there is one near you.
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    edited June 2016

Did you happen to call the Twin Lakes store (just in case)? I can probably mail one to them for you. Not sure how long Priority Mail would take. It's that or LV or BV.

I will definitely check them out. Such a great little store!

Photomom said:
    An electronics parts store would have them if there is one near you.
    None close.

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    edited June 2016
    Um, an unsafe way to circumvent the fuse is to take some heavy duty aluminum foil and roll it up to fit the fuse holder. Not advocating this, but heard about some of my kinfolk that may or may not have done this as a temporary fix (and lived to tell about it).
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    TL had up to 3a but nothing higher. They really have a little bit of everything there. True Value was the first stop on the way into BV and they had what I needed. 

Doing laundry now but will pop one of these in when I get back and hopefully we are back in business.

• Options
    @jkjenn, sorry you had to drive that far. At least you killed two birds. You should buy an extra 1 or 2 4amp fuses and leave them with Katie & Carl at TL as a small token of their coolness. They were so good to me when I hiked through there. Katie really needed a lift when I called her today. I'm going to have to bring some kind of treat to them from the "big city" next time I'm there.
  • Options
    @jkjenn, sorry you had to drive that far. At least you killed two birds. You should buy an extra 1 or 2 4amp fuses and leave them with Katie & Carl at TL as a small token of their coolness. They were so good to me when I hiked through there. Katie really needed a lift when I called her today. I'm going to have to bring some kind of treat to them from the "big city" next time I'm there.
    Good idea. Not a big deal, only about a 20 min drive and I needed to do laundry and am now catching the Cavs game at a local restaurant.

• Options
    VikingsVikings Member Posts: 147
    Radioshack has lots of unusual fuses...including the ALDE 3.15/250V fuses under cover on top of ALDE boiler.  
    Kim & Mary Kay,  2016 CS-S,  Spokane, WA

Map of Provinces I Visited

• Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    I looked at our Radio Shack for that Alde 3.15A fuse, and all I could find there was the slow-blow version. The one that came out of our Alde was a fast-acting fuse.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    I have some of the Alde fuses, ordered from Amazon. Smaller hardware and auto parts store are more accessible where I am than big box stores or electronics stores. The local (30 min drive) True Value is quite a store, however. They carry some camping, hunting, fishing, and boating supplies and do propane refills.  

• Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    I love real hardware stores.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
  • Options
    boo - That's a problem when traveling. Many areas don't have.
  • Options
    leenscottflleenscottfl Member Posts: 254
    I have found that boat supply outlets have hard to find items items needed on an rv. After all a boat is just a floating rv. But I'm from Florida where boat stores are everywhere. 
    Scott, Orange Park, Florida...2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara... 2015 T@B S Maxx "Buttercup".