Options

Toilet lid closes - drat!

ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
edited June 2016 in Tips & Tricks
Dunno if others have wrangled with the toilet lid closing at in-opportune times (mainly when my level hasn't been calibrated lately), but here's my fix...

(note the magnets, one glued onto the knob of the water pump cabinet, and one glued onto the toilet cover inside)

I'm thinking rare-earth magnets just may be the answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything.
Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
2014 S Maxx
2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya

Comments

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Geesh, I don't have a knob on my little door. You must have got the upgraded model! :) 
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    Except that it makes the toilet lid fall shut, I recommend the knob. There's storage space in that cupboard!

Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Ratkitty - I've got a different door also.
  • Options
    abenteurerabenteurer Member Posts: 72
    My 2016 Max S door hinges from the top and reveals primarily the pump and a short segment of associated hoses. Unfortunate for you (previous words (STBY) deleted by me) if you need to work in there. No need for a majestic TP wetting platform (insert laughs (and pics) here).
    2016 T@B M@x S | 2015 Grand Cherokee 5.7L HEMI (awesome) with factory tow pkg | 2017 Wrangler Sahara (awesome) 4-dr with factory max tow pkg
  • Options
    It's nice they made the door larger. I have a push button and it opens upwards. It's very small and you have to hold the door up by your head (redneck way). 
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    Yeah, larger door has been handy. Head fits in there, for peeks at the pipes.

I thought the door might be a problem with leaking, but water doesn't get in there when showering.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    This serms like a must do mod. I could use a shelf like that. 

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    My door opens from the bottom and is very hard to get closed. I can't figure out why it's so hard, so I guess I'll have to use the convenient seat to check it out ;)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Verna said:
    My door opens from the bottom and is very hard to get closed. I can't figure out why it's so hard, so I guess I'll have to use the convenient seat to check it out ;)
    Ditto

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    V and Jk, Since you both travel alone, you won't have to worry about the seat being left up! :lol:
  • Options
    Ratkity said:
    V and Jk, Since you both travel alone, you won't have to worry about the seat being left up! :lol:
    You are so right on that one!  Sunny Day better be using the outdoor John ;)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Smullis7Smullis7 Member Posts: 221
    My door opens from the bottom too...I sure would like that cool TP shelf though...
    Sheila and the Mullis Pups (Winston, Morgan, Leroy & Dakota)
    M@bel M@y, my 2017 T@B Outback Max S (silver w/black trim), towed by Maude Myrtle, my 2016 Jeep Rubicon Hardrock.

• Options
    I think the door is square, and could be turned 90°, albeit with re-caulking. Might have to measure to be sure.

The door 'catches' are sticky, and the hinge is kind of loose, so I need to push the door in and toward the hinge to get it to close.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    I'll try that @ChanW because I dread opening that door. Yes, it would be nice to put a TP shelf in there, and it's easy enough to do it... provided it doesn't take 5 minutes to close it .....grrrrrr!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Smullis7Smullis7 Member Posts: 221
    edited August 2016

Well, I figured out that in my rectangle, open-from-the-bottom space, I can fit a cheap Dollar Tree basket in there turned on it's side that is large enough to hold a roll of TP (I'll have to clip off a small bit of one corner, but it will work).  That will keep the TP from falling into the wall when travelling...

Sheila and the Mullis Pups (Winston, Morgan, Leroy & Dakota)
    M@bel M@y, my 2017 T@B Outback Max S (silver w/black trim), towed by Maude Myrtle, my 2016 Jeep Rubicon Hardrock.