Options

Single Black & Gray Water Drain Setup

Comments

• Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @foxden, You might want to send @Dalehelman a personal message. There is a post describing pretty well how this is done. Have you tried the "search"?
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    foxdenfoxden Member Posts: 148
    I did message @Dalehelman a day or two ago but my guess is he is traveling or just busy so I thought I would send the question out and see if anyone else might have the answer.  Truth is, I am not the most patient person when I get excited about doing something.  It can easily wait or I can just eyeball the measurement.  I have looked at posts on the subject and found them very helpful (particularly the photos) but couldn't find anything on cutting the pipe length.  I just need to relax!
    2017 Max S - Silver/Red - T@briolet -  2016 Jeep Cherokee - Fredericksburg, TX
  • Options
    @foxden, Yeah, I'm kinda like you. That patience virtue escapes me at times too! I talked to Dale a couple of days ago, not sure what he's up to at this point. He's usually really good about getting back to folks. Let us know if/when he gets back to you, and share the info he gives you. Sounds like it would be helpful for other folks as well. I know others have done this mod as well, and maybe one of them can chime in to help you out.
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    dsatworkdsatwork Member Posts: 744
    foxden said:
    I did message @Dalehelman a day or two ago but my guess is he is traveling or just busy so I thought I would send the question out and see if anyone else might have the answer.  Truth is, I am not the most patient person when I get excited about doing something.  It can easily wait or I can just eyeball the measurement.  I have looked at posts on the subject and found them very helpful (particularly the photos) but couldn't find anything on cutting the pipe length.  I just need to relax!
    I don't think @Dalehelman will be able to give you a measurement to cut by and that was the one thing that I looked at and measured and double checked several times. I would be happy to give you my measurement but it only worked for me and I did my mod slightly different than some others did. 

Basically I put together all of the Black water parts and positioned them the way I wanted them. I was trying to have the proper amount of slope without going too low.

Once I had that positioned, I laid the 90 degree rubber connect against the the pipes and marked my cuts.

It looks a little funky but it works great and don't know how I lived without it.

2017 Tab Basic S Silver on Silver with Sofitel Cushions....upgraded from 2013 LG 5W....Towed by a 2016 Sorento V6 AWD w/5000lb tow capacity. Dave S. married to Jen aka SanDiegoGal We pull a Tab but live in a 2014 Airstream International Signature 27 FBQ...Talk about embracing a trailer lifestyle.
  • Options
    Thanks @dsatwork .  This looks much like mine so far.  Patience is a virtue @ericnliz but......I am just going for it!
  • Options
    Another trick I used, once I had all the parts in place, I put masking tape on the top of the joints and used a magic marker to to draw a straight line to use for alignment. Then use a razor knife to cut them apart. When you go to glue your joints, all you have to do is line up your marks and your good to go.
    2017 Tab Basic S Silver on Silver with Sofitel Cushions....upgraded from 2013 LG 5W....Towed by a 2016 Sorento V6 AWD w/5000lb tow capacity. Dave S. married to Jen aka SanDiegoGal We pull a Tab but live in a 2014 Airstream International Signature 27 FBQ...Talk about embracing a trailer lifestyle.
  • Options
    @dsatwork, BIG thanks for chiming in!!! If I remember correctly, that's how Dale cut mine as well because he had the parts all put together when I got there, same for @Homebodyatheart's. We did them the same day, and just turned it into a T@B party! Great idea on the masking tape by the way!! ;)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    edited August 2017
    Good stuff and appreciate you sharing your project and details!  I plan to do this too and agree, these types of projects do require planning, contemplating each step, measurements, etc. prior to undertaking them as there is no turning back once you make a specific cut.  Obviously there will always be some means of correcting an issue, but for these projects to come out clean and as planned you must take some time and effort to attain the best possible outcome.  

My confidence level is inching up after seeing all you brave souls!  food-smiley-024gif

Congratulations and well done!  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    @foxden  I did reply to your PM here is a copy
    You have everything correct. I cut my 1 1/2 pipe about 5 or 6 inches behind the gate valve. Assembled everything but the rubber elbow. Then trim the pipe for the best fit for the elbow. Trim a little at a time you want a good close fit. It will not be a perfect fit that's why it's a rubber elbow. If you were to cut something to short it can be easily extended with a coupling and longer pipe. Any small hand saw will work on the pipe. I prefer one with a fine tooth blade and a hand gun style handle. Available at any hardware store. Let me know if you have any more questions. Feel free to call me. 
    509-220-4022 pacific time

Dale Helman
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    Thanks Dale, I knew you'd chime in!!! :)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Thank you thank you @Dalehelman (and all who went before me).  This is the dry fit.  Let me know how it looks.  The lowest point is only about 7 1/2 inches above the ground.  Is that ok?  Again, thanks for all of your help. 
  • Options
    @foxden, Might check a couple of things before you button it up. Check the stabilizer clearance, and check the gray water handle in that position for clearance. I know Dale had to do mine sideways for clearance reasons.
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    The gray water valve works fine at that position.  Thanks for the heads up on the stabilizer.  I didn't think of that.  Will go check.
  • Options
    Just rather see 'ya have to do ;) it only once!
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Project completed!  Thanks for all of the help and advice. Everything is glued and tested.  No leaks except around the flexible pipe.  I haven't tightened the clamps on those yet.  The flexible pipe still feels a little off and I think it is slowing down the flow of water.  But I will work on it tomorrow and see if I can get it to fit a little better.  It fit a little better in the dry fit than in the final.  Who knows why.
  • Options
    @foxden looks like you were able to source the correct parts too.....nice job.
  • Options

This a shot I took at the factory rally tour back in July and gives you an idea as to how they are incorporating a single point gray/black water drain set-up into the new trailers.  

• Options
    Ha, It's a carbon copy of the "@Dalehelman Special" I received!!!!! :)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    edited August 2017
    ericnliz said:
    Ha, It's a carbon copy of the "@Dalehelman Special" I received!!!!! :)
    And it gives me an idea that the assembly above could be adapted to the current system.  I'm going to give it a shot.  
  • Options
    edited August 2017

This a shot I took at the factory rally tour back in July and gives you an idea as to how they are incorporating a single point gray/black water drain set-up into the new trailers.  

I am a little  prejudice but which looks better.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    edited August 2017
     :) Mine too!! Have to agree, and thanks again!!!!!! 
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    edited August 2017
    Can't argue with you guys as Dale's is in tighter to the frame as opposed to sticking out away from the frame.  You'd think that they could have cut some more of the gray pipe off and brought the valves in closer.  I lost an assembly out in New Mexico last spring so I'm very sensitive to clearances now.  Pretty hard to beat custom mods!    :)
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @Michigan_Mike, was that a picture of the pipes for the Outback model? It doesn't look as neat and tucked back in as the ones I have seen on the completed T@B 320's. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Verna said:
    @Michigan_Mike, was that a picture of the pipes for the Outback model? It doesn't look as neat and tucked back in as the ones I have seen on the completed T@B 320's. 
    I think so...  The tub wasn't mounted either so it may appear different as a result too.  
  • Options

I am a little  prejudice but which looks better.
    Anyone with a platform or big box like mine, will appreciate the extra distance to get it outside the box. I would have seriously considered using this if someone with a 2017 would have had tested it out and proved it could work. I have got to say, I don't miss having to move from the stinky black tank to the grey tank. Connect it once..... pull the black..... then pull grey and your done. Put away the flushed out hose. Yay.
  • Options
    Most of the time I just leave this clear section on. So when I dump I can tell when tank is clean 
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    4ncar4ncar Member Posts: 1,072
    Does anyone know if nucamp is producing this in production yet...2018s?
    TV- '16 Chevy Colorado LT Crew Cab-DuraMax
    2018 320S Outback
  • Options
    RoameyRoamey Member Posts: 239
    edited August 2017

Does anyone know if nucamp is producing this in production yet...2018s?

T@B trip wherever
    New surprises everyday
       See beautiful world
  • Options
    4ncar4ncar Member Posts: 1,072
    So a mid year mod for nucamp?  I am going to the dealership this weekend with the SO now that she's back...
    TV- '16 Chevy Colorado LT Crew Cab-DuraMax
    2018 320S Outback
  • Options
    Rolltide82Rolltide82 Member Posts: 89
    Will this work on the outback model before I go to ordering parts?