Options

Finally a T@B owner

JimboJimbo Member Posts: 118
Hello Everyone,
I am Jim Davis. I first wanted to express my thanks to all on the forum for all the information you share. I needed to stop eves dropping and introduce my self. My wife and I started looking at T@B in 2006 when we got our Honda Ridgeline. We had visited dealer in Ukiah CA many times over the years. Well on 8/5/14 I bought me one. I am now a solo camper since loosing my wife 8/8/13 after a 10-year battle with cancer. She would love it. It is not the RED one with white trim we had originally picked out years ago, but it will work for me. This one is a new 2013 silver and yellow that had just never sold on that same dealers lot. Well I rescued it and it now has a home. 

Have been a camper all my life; sleeping bag on the river bank, tents, back of a pickup w/shell, tent trailer, travel trailer and motor home..Now back to reality or a smaller version of it. Needed to get back into camping and did not want to go back to tent camping nor a motor home. Perfect compromise! Finally retired April 1st at 68 and just rolled 69 in July and adjusting to a new life. "Have T@B Will Travel" Hey I like that will have to add that to my signature..I am an an avid fisherman, one of the tournament directors for our local bass club the "Clearlake Bass Masters". And yes I have one of those bass boats. A small one that does not go as fast as the big boys but uses a lot less gas..Also have a Sea Eagle that will be in the back of the truck when traveling with the T@B.  I am also a wood worker and gourd artist. But some days I enjoy just sitting on the deck I built next to my 30ft 5th wheel "Casnotsogrande" permanently parked in my back yard and just listening to music, thinking and doing nothing physical...I am adjusting to that long awaited luxury..I don't have a "Honey Do List" anymore but I do have a "Dummy Do List"...Yeah maybe tomorrow...

Well now that you know more about me than you wanted to I will see if I can post this. I hope that I can be of help to others in the future as all of you are doing now. Thanks again folks.
Jim, Kelseyville CA, 2013 T@B "Q", T@BCASA, Silver W/Yellow trim, TV: 2006 Honda Ridgeline 

Comments

• Options
    TABakerTABaker Member Posts: 432
    edited September 2014
    Welcome, Jim! Yahoo to you for finally fpgetting your T@B. So sorry to hear of the passing of your wife. Sounds as though things were on hold as she received treatment. I'm sure she's thrilled that you're following your dream. Congrats on retirement!
    Crystal & Daisy, a yellow 2007 T@B Q previously towed by a 2008 Jeep Liberty, and currently towed by a 2016 RAM 1500.

• Options
    XPADREXXPADREX Member Posts: 311
    I hope you have many a new adventure, as you keep on keepin' on!
    LOCATION: Fort Raccoon; UNIT: 2014 T@b S M@xxxx; MISSION: To have fun, make a difference, and make some friends along the way. Organ Donor Recipient- forever grateful. 
  • Options
    CodeJunkieCodeJunkie Member Posts: 50
    Hi Jim and welcome to this forum. I can totally relate to your situation as I bought my T@B just 3 months after losing my husband in March of this year. (He was also an avid fisherman, hunter, and loved camping.) I am in the process of going back to all those past camping spots where we made so many wonderful memories in our 36 years together. I know he would approve of the T@B, and the confidence-boost it has given me to be able to do this on my own. Everyone here has added to that confidence by giving advice, expertise, and encouragement. Welcome again, and safe travels!
    Debbie

2014 T@B S M@xx with wetbath, aka PopT@B, silver with black trim, TV 2002 Chevy Avalanche

"Take only pictures, leave only footprints."
  • Options
    SunnyTABSunnyTAB Member Posts: 65
    Welcome Jim - Let us know if you're up in the Pacific Northwest. We could use some fishing wisdom. I hope you find what you need in the T@B community. From what we've seen, it's a great group of folks, and our T@B has brought us friends we never thought we'd meet. Happy Trails!

Tiff in Seattle

2012 BMW x3/2008 TCS "Sunny"

• Options
    Thanks to all of you for the warm welcome. I am looking forward to someday meeting folks form the forum. Is there information on the forum regarding a rally in 2015 that  is referred to as BRR. I have not run across that yet. It sounds like a large rally of T@B folks. Also are there any T@B gatherings in one of the Western States. Seems I do remember reading about one some years ago on the previous forum. I used to read it when we first started looking at T@Bs. 

Debbie, thanks for sharing your situation. I just finished going through our old camping pics to select a couple to hang in the "Tabcasa". We were friends for 40 years and married for 30. She was not a fisherman but said "GO have fun and tell me about when you get back". 

Tiff, I don't know if I could give you much in the way of fishing wisdom. My email "in too close out too far" is my excuse for not catching fish. But always enjoy a day on at the water, and fishing but not always catching. And I if I travel your way I will let you know. I do have brothers in Michigan and family in Texas, where we grew up so I will be heading to those areas sometime in the future. Till then probably just in Northern California and Oregon. Just need to GO!!!

Happy travels to all of you, 
    Jim, Kelseyville CA, 2013 T@B "Q", T@BCASA, Silver W/Yellow trim, TV: 2006 Honda Ridgeline 
  • Options
    WanderooWanderoo Member Posts: 553

Welcome to the "boat" of T@bbers, Jim!  I have fond memories of fishing when I was a kid with my father.  I didn't like to bait my hook, so my dad spent all his time baiting my hook and taking my fish off for me.  I chuckle when I think of that.  I'm sure he didn't mind, just happy to have his kid in his boat with him.  Later, I taught my son how to take a fish off the hook.  Now, I still have my dad's old fly fishing rod.

You will build many new memories with your new T@B.  Don't be afraid to introduce yourself to campers who you see in a campground.  Of course, being a T@B owner, they will come up to you and want to see your T@B.  I even had someone ask to take my picture in front of my T@B!!!!!  I also have a silver w/yellow trim T@B.

Happy Travels and hope to see you down the road.

:)>-
    Beth, 2015 Toyota Tacoma (Ramblin' Rose), 2014 T@B S M@xx (ClemenT@B)
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Congrats on your new T@b, Jim and happy camping! It's so exciting to take your T@b on out its first few trips.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    TabyDDTabyDD Member Posts: 52

Jim, I'm new here also.  Should receive my T@by next week and hope I can get some traveling in before the weather turns.  Your story made me pause and realize the power of nature and how we are always drawn back to the earth.  I am also from the Northwest it would be wonderful to meet you (and SunnyTab)

and share a hamburger and a sunset some day.  I love to read the informative comments here anticipating my up and coming T@b adventures.  Thank you all the good tutorials and incentives. 

Seattle, Wa
  • Options
    SunnyTABSunnyTAB Member Posts: 65
    edited September 2014
    I may have already told you this, @TabyDD, but we're heading to Wine Country RV in Prosser on Sept 13th and Lake Cushman on the 27th if you need a shakedown cruise destination. 

Tiff in Seattle

2012 BMW x3/2008 TCS "Sunny"

• Options
    TABakerTABaker Member Posts: 432
    The BRR (Blue Ridge Rally) is hosted by Sharon Sigmon in April and is always a great rally.  Usually around 50 T@Bs and T@DAs, with a couple of R-Pods and Airstreams thrown in.  In 2015 it will be held in Townsend, TN, at Big Meadow Family Campground.  T@bbers have started reserving sites.  Hope you get to attend!
    http://www.bigmeadowcampground.com/
    Crystal & Daisy, a yellow 2007 T@B Q previously towed by a 2008 Jeep Liberty, and currently towed by a 2016 RAM 1500.

• Options
    Thanks for the BRR info, TABaker. My wife's laptop which I had been using got the "blue screen of death" back on 8/31 I think it was and I now have a used desk top and a new service. Just got hooked up this afternoon and eveything seems to be working just fine. Trying to catch up on emails and the forum now. I will check out the link you included and thanks again.  
  • Options
    TabyDDTabyDD Member Posts: 52
    SunnyTAB said:
    I may have already told you this, @TabyDD, but we're heading to Wine Country RV in Prosser on Sept 13th and Lake Cushman on the 27th if you need a shakedown cruise destination. 

Yes and thank you. It's on my calendar, however  I will be doing my walkthrough on the 13th so could be a little ambitious.  Lake Cushman may work, what can I expect taking the ferry out of Edmonds?  Do you ride for under 30 feet?

D

Seattle, Wa
  • Options
    longleafpinelongleafpine Member Posts: 12
    edited January 2016
    Hello!
    My name is Hank and I travel with my wife Jennifer and miniature dachshund Emma. We are from Western NC, 15 minutes east of Asheville. We are fairly new to T@B adventures, as we purchased a 2014 Maxx S, White with silver accents from a former blog member who bought this RV new a year ago. We have been the beneficiary of many, many upgrades as well as the bike rack, side tent, and cover.
    Since our purchase in April 2015, we have parked our 36' Class A, and have traveled to Ky, Ga, Tn, SC and Gulf Coast of Fl. Thank you for the benefit of this membership.
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    I'm a little late to the Welcome party, Jimbo, but it sounds like you are headed into a new adventure with a tailwind at your back. How was the shakedown trip?

Hello Hank and Jennifer (and furkid, Emma)! Please post about your adventures as well!! I love hearing from folks on the road as I plan out my retirement, modify my Lifes@averT@B, and dream of new and exciting people and places I have yet to meet.

"Oh! The Places You Will Go!"

2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)