Options

New to Forum but have been lurking awhile

oldschl1oldschl1 Member Posts: 9
Bought a CS-S in April - silver with white trim.  Have done three trips (6k miles) and love the "tiny house" glamping.  Was sick of huge fifth wheels, huge pull units, huge costs, long set-up times, so made the switch.  We are having a ball.  Preparing for "full-timing it" - so far, so good.  I'm a retired inspector for new production airplanes, my wife taught school for 43 years, and Jesse Blue (our 6 month old GSD pup) is simply a terrorist.  Have looked at the many mods by members - used some, made some of my own.  Darn if 'H3 C@b T@b' isn't getting personalized.  We are on Lake Roosevelt NW of Spokane, WA, but are thinking of moving to midwest somewhere to be closer to her family - AND - to be more centrally located for future trips.  The road in and out of the Pacific NW is getting old and it is 1200 miles to reach the start point of new trips.  Chuckle - a little long of an intro, but wanted to say hi and thanks to all of the members, many of whom are so giving with advice and lessons learned.  Thank you and greetings.  Oldschl1, The Boss, and Jesse Blue

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,498
    Welcome.  Where in the midwest are you considering?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Sorry to see you leaving the great NW. Be safe in your travels, and have fun!
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Welcome!!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Always good to see the lurkers expose themselves :-)
    I know Ratkity's just choppin at the bit to take off with how I worded that... 3, 2, 1 ...
  • Options
    It's not MEEEEEE, it's that bad brain cell... just one, but you know it only takes one bad apple......
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    Sam - not sure yet about location.  My CEO hasn't given me any WBS direction.  Will have to drive her around forever while she "cyphers" on all that is necessary for a woman's criteria on "new nest" - oh darn.  Chuckle, hope she doesn't read this.
    ericnliz - Thank you. Having spent quite a bit of time traveling, we find pleasure in new regions.
    PXLated and Ratkity - I've been instructed by my better half to not enjoin myself with those on here that might trigger my "response tendencies" that would get me thrown off within hours - so . . . I'll try to remain professional, but as the little girl on some TV ad states:  "I can't promise anything."  
  • Options
  • Options
    oldschl1, Ah come on, don't be shy, nobody else here is! =)
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    What kind of dog is a GSD?
  • Options
    oldschl1, By the way, we're headed your way the 5th or 6th of August. Either Porcupine Bay, or Ft. Spokane, haven't decided yet. My brother is headed this way from Graham with his boat. 
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    SAM said:
    What kind of dog is a GSD?
    German Shepherd
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Thanks Verna.  3 cats here and no dog lingo
  • Options
    SAM - Had me stumped also :-)
  • Options
    oldschl1 said:
    Sam - not sure yet about location.  My CEO hasn't given me any WBS direction.  Will have to drive her around forever while she "cyphers" on all that is necessary for a woman's criteria on "new nest" - oh darn.  Chuckle, hope she doesn't read this.
    ericnliz - Thank you. Having spent quite a bit of time traveling, we find pleasure in new regions.
    PXLated and Ratkity - I've been instructed by my better half to not enjoin myself with those on here that might trigger my "response tendencies" that would get me thrown off within hours - so . . . I'll try to remain professional, but as the little girl on some TV ad states:  "I can't promise anything."  
    I haz no ideah whah youse be tawlking about *said in innocent Southern Belle accent* :wink:

• Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    Welcome aboard, even though you've been aboard, we love having new contributors to the madness.

@SAM , you weren't the only one stumped by that.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    Sam - I apologize.  Yes, German shepherd.  Sometimes I forget that acronyms or abbreviations aren't readily apparent to all.  We would love to have a cat, but we never seem to remember that it is necessary to have one (and an older one at that) when a new pup comes on board.  Otherwise they will just end up (ahem) dead.  Moving targets - like bunnies.  Shepherds are so territorial, even in youth.
    ericnliz - Your trip on the 5th or 6th will put you about 4 miles from us - Fort Spokane and Deer Meadows.  Porcupine Bay would be some 15 miles away.  Do you have some reservations? I can guarantee that both of those places will be full - actually saw the full sign for Porcupine on the highway last Wed. (in the middle of the week - WOW!)  Some kind of connection while you're here?  Chuckle . . . this is lawless territory and I could provide protection of some sort.
    Ratkity - "oh, youse knows whats I be flappin' my jaws bouts, cuz youse be ticklin' da triggah" - by the way, love your "handle".  Gonna have to talk about that over cocktails someday - bet there is a story there.
    Verna (and PXLated and Michigan Mike, probably) - Jeez, even the forum "big dawgs" show up to review my intro - think maybe I should quietly slink back into "lurking anonymity".  I feel "exposed" . . . 3, 2, 1 . . .

• Options
    @oldschl1, hey, Michigan Mike and I are owners, too. We just have some magical powers ;)  come on out of the shadows. It's fun here!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Mike & Verna are the king & queen - I'm just one of the serfs :-)
  • Options
    PXLated said:
     =)   =)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    oldschl1, Hawk Creek is always an option as well. I've never had a problem finding a spot @ Ft. Spokane. If you drive down to the reserved area, and look around, some of the spots aren't reserved for two or three days sometimes. The rangers are really good [as well as the Camp Host] at pulling reserved signs for cancellations. Porcupine is a little more "lawless" than the rest, but I have a German Shepard as well, and she's VERY protective. Unless you're invited in, or I tell her it's ok, 'ya better back off! [As a wandering drunk camper found out one day! She has a good sense of who is ok, and who is not.] She won't bite, but she'll scare the heck out of unwanted visitors!
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    John_and_KrisJohn_and_Kris Member Posts: 302
    Happy T@Bing
    John - Kris & our Golden "Blossom"
    South Carolina
    Live simply,Love generously,Care deeply,Speak Kindly,Leave the rest to God
  • Options
    OOPS! Thanks for the edit! :o
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    edited August 2016
    PXLated said:
    Jester Px, get it right :wink:

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
     =) 
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Cyclonic - But I don't have the hat and goofy slippers to be a Jester - You got them?
  • Options
    PXLated said:
    Cyclonic - But I don't have the hat and goofy slippers to be a Jester - You got them?
    I knew Mike and I forgot to give you guys something :D
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    PxL,  Sounds like the hat & goofy slippers are on the way! Enjoy! ;)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Luckily, they don't know where to send them :-)
  • Options
     :o, You wish, they'll catch up to 'ya, and I want PICTURES! B)  
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    They'll end up in the dead letter bin I guarantee you. But if you want I could have them forwarded to you or Ratkity :-)