Options

Hose/pipe loose

I been having some refrigeration issues. Could not get it cold on propane one weekend, then got if cold on DC and kept cold on propane for 4 days, then would not light after switching out propane tank. Now back on DC and it will not get cold.

I decided to check the fuse panel and the 3 fuses under the stove top. All good with the fuses.

Then I noticed that one of two silver hoses/pipes under the stove top appears to be disconnected to one of the external vents on front of the trailer. See attached photos.

This may explain why we are finding the trailer warm all the time? The hose is venting the heat into the trailer?  Might there be an override now that prevents the fridge from coming on and overheating with the heat that otherwise builds up under the stove top, alongside the fridge? 

Thoughts/help welcome. 

Derek 

Picture 1 - This picture shows the stove top lifted, and two silver hoses.The one in the bottom is vented out, the other is just pointing to underside of counter...   Now check next picture.

Picture 2 - In this next picture one can see the hose that vents out, and the other just venting to the inside.

Picture 3 - In this picture the vents to outside are obscured by the black wires/hoses,but you can see the bottom silver pipe which vents out, and the top one which does not. But there is a place to connect it, visible in the picture above?

Comments

• Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Dereco, Have you tried just reconnecting the hose then testing again? Please let us know what you find out, thanks.
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    DerecoDereco Member Posts: 89
    ericnliz said:
    Dereco, Have you tried just reconnecting the hose then testing again? Please let us know what you find out, thanks.
    I had that thought, and impulse, but resisted and opted to check here on the forum first. Just in case...
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    It needs to be reconnected. Yes, could be why things are warm! 
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    Ratkity said:
    It needs to be reconnected. Yes, could be why things are warm! 
    Thanks. Just came in from trying to reconnect, but it is hard - not much hose to reach and tuck into the open hole. Have not succeeded yet. 
  • Options
    Perseverance my good man perseverance! Have you tried to remove the cover on the outside to try and tackle it from that direction? Just a thought, and please let us know how it turns out please.
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Uncanny how we are thinking the same - I tried just that before seeing your post. Will have to work at it again... 
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    The pipe appears just a tad too short to fit into the hole. And the pipe that is already fitted appears to have a smooth end in lesser diameter, so it fits in. See picture 2 above... the pipe on bottom is smooth on end. This all seems odd...
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    I think I'd call Ed at the factory and then send him the pics. See what he saws. Could probably send you new, longer hoses or some fix. Seems strange, never seen that pop up here before.
  • Options
    Mr_Mrs_GnomeMr_Mrs_Gnome Member Posts: 241
    Could there be a reducer or joint that came out of the tube and outlet and fell behind the fridge?
    '17 Outback S - TV 2016 Chevy Colorado in "Colorful Colorado"
  • Options
    PXLated said:
    I think I'd call Ed at the factory and then send him the pics. See what he saws. Could probably send you new, longer hoses or some fix. Seems strange, never seen that pop up here before.
    Yes, that is next step. Would you happen to have his email?

Could there be a reducer or joint that came out of the tube and outlet and fell behind the fridge?
    Yes, thought of that too and tried to see/reach down behind, but can not. The counter would have to come off, or the fridge would have to come out. Thanks for the thought though!

• Options
    Factory contact info (email and phone #s) is over there in the right column.
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    edited July 2016
    Dereco,

yikes!

That's wrong!

Don't sleep in that Tab! At least not with the fridge on propane.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357

Here are two photos of my fridge venting.  The first is the vent for the high altitude kit (one hose).  The second is the main two hose vent.

2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    Note the metal washer on the single hose.  I wonder if the two hose adapter has a similar washer out of sight because its on the left side of the two hoses?
  • Options
    Yep - looking at Dereco's first picture, you can see that the hoses are held in by a metal washer on the left side.
  • Options
    Again, want to thank everyone for feedback. I have written Ed at Pleasant Valley. Thanks to PXLated.

There is a metal washer, though different shape, on the inside of the piping where I have my problem - ref. OutbackAZ post.

We recently camped for 10 days, and the alarm sounded, maybe twice over the 10 days. I was checking everything trying to figure it out. We had windows and vent and even door wide open because it was quite warm, so I was thinking it was a malfunction of the warning system. Now I am not so sure, as ChanW points out.

Thoughts and feedback still welcome, and I will update here when I hear back from Pleasant Valley.

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    CO detector is there for a reason. Do not run your frig on propane until this vent is fixed. It's how your propane "breathes" and releases CO2 and CO as it burns. It should run fine on 110v (or DC aka the battery-eating mode).
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    Have not heard back from either Pleasant Valley or the company I bought my Tab from, which is unfortunate. This could represent a serious problem if it occurs in other trailers...

Stay tuned. 
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    Email to Ed has been known to 'get lost' (busy guy).

This problem seems to be worth a call, or an email to Scott Hubbell.

Pretty dangerous.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    Dereco - Call the factory, ask for Ed. If he's tied up (usually is), have whomever your talking to get him a note to have him check his email for your message. Keep us posted.
  • Options
    Just a quick update: I was told to insert the hose (it doesn't fit which is the point), and to check behind the fridge for a missing piece (not there). No response in follow-up, no returned calls. Maybe this needs to be recall story? I find it very disappointing, I have been more than patient.
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Dereco said:
    Just a quick update: I was told to insert the hose (it doesn't fit which is the point), and to check behind the fridge for a missing piece (not there). No response in follow-up, no returned calls. Maybe this needs to be recall story? I find it very disappointing, I have been more than patient.
    PXLated said:
    Dereco - Call the factory, ask for Ed. If he's tied up (usually is), have whomever your talking to get him a note to have him check his email for your message. Keep us posted.
    Derecho, as PXLated said, call the factory and ask for Ed in the warranty department. The factory does not read these posts so they don't know you're still having a problem if you don't talk to them. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    Also, note that email addresses for the factory have changed recently.
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Just to clarify for the recent post from Verna, I have emailed and phoned and left messages.  I am not posting here thinking the company is reading this forum: I am posting to update as I said I would.  I will keep trying to reach Ed.
  • Options
    Dereco said:
    Just clarify for some of the recent posts from Verna, I have emailed and phoned and left messages.  I am not posting here thinking the company is reading this forum: I am posting to update as I said I would.  
    Thank you. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Success!! Spoke to Ed, all good, they are sending out the new hose. Thanks for all the encouragement!
  • Options
    Great!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Dereco, Hang in there these are GOOD folks! The people at P.V. seem to really care about their product, and take pride in the quality of their product. That being said, I'm glad you finally got through and the problem is being solved. Happy trails!
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Mr_Mrs_GnomeMr_Mrs_Gnome Member Posts: 241
    @Verna, did you wave the magic wand???
    '17 Outback S - TV 2016 Chevy Colorado in "Colorful Colorado"