Options

Manuals for winterizing T@B's - questions

VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
edited September 2016 in Heating/Plumbing & Winterizing
Pleasant Valley has sent me 4 .pdf files for winterizing different years and models of T@B's. Plus the directions to the analog thermostat. 

My problem is that I have not been able to copy and paste the .pdf files to the forum. How do I do it? I'm obviously lost on this one. 

Thanks
Verna, Columbus, IN
2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”

Comments

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,448
    I thought you could just drop them in, like with a photo. I'm trying it here with a smallish .pdf.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,509
    That worked ScottG!
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Good job ScottG!
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    Thanks, @ScottG. I'll try that later.  
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    CalvinHobbesCalvinHobbes Member Posts: 6
    We're getting ready to winterize. If you have a chance to attach the pdfs, I'd appreciate it!

• Options
    CalvinHobbes, Look on the right side catagories, under Heating/Plumbing & Winterizing. There are some really good threads there to look at.
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    CalvinHobbes, I found two links under that category I gave you. Look on page 4 under John and Kris, and there is a 2016 Alde manual for winterizing. Let me know if you find it, and can print it out, as that is what I did so I would have it handy for future reference. 
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    ericnliz - Any chance you can post the link to that thread?
  • Options
    I would if I could figure out how to do it. You could fit my computer skills in a small thimble and still have room for drinking water! Same reason I don't post photos, but I AM trying to learn! :o
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    PXL, Oops, try page 3, sorry. It's also under mash3, as well as John_and_Kris. Sorry about the typo still taking pain killers from the dentist visit!
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    edited September 2016
    @Verna, the way I post files (or images) is by clicking on the little icon, the one that looks like a piece of paper, above the compose window.
    Then I click the button that says "Choose Files".
    That brings up the 'system' file chooser, be it Android, Mac-OS, or Windows. Then I navigate to where the file is on my system, and select it.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    Chan - That's how I do it on iOS devices also. For PDFs one may have to click the "more" link in the popup chooser to find the app the PDF is stored in.
  • Options
    Ok you two, PXL, did you find the link I referenced to? Y'all are talkin' greek to me, I just wanna help out CalvinHobbes out. 
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    No, haven't looked yet - been breaking camp.
  • Options
    @ChanW, thank you so much!  I had to save them to the Cloud and then copy the files to the separate discussion. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    @ericnliz -- whew, two things off the Verna-do list in two days!  (The list is already shorter since I decided not to sell my house. I'm staying here.)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Verna, Thank you, thank you, thank you! Didn't realize ChanW was trying to help You out! Sorry Chan, thought you and PXL were bein' highjackers! PXL, travel safe!
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    edited September 2016
    Tell me if they work for you, please. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    They work great, can you move them to the top so they don't get lost in the shuffle for others to use! Thanks if it's possible, if not, you're still the best! [stinging magic wand and all!] =)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    We'll see how that works. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Not the wand I hope! :o
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    No, the discussion for the manuals is now at the top as an announcement. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Thanks! [Was only kidding about the wand!] =)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Yes, I knew that!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    ericnliz, I have to admit, I was a little baffled at how I might illustrate the info better... Glad it's cleared up! Thanks Verna!
    ericnliz said:
    Verna, Thank you, thank you, thank you! Didn't realize ChanW was trying to help You out! Sorry Chan, thought you and PXL were bein' highjackers! PXL, travel safe!

Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    Confused. I am trying to understand the procedure in the 2016 manual. I have a blow out plug and plan to use that.

The written directions say to start by opening the drain valves on pages 2-3. Page 2 has a photo of the valves and the caption says the valves are only needed if you're using RV antifreeze to winterized. Which is it? I have no idea how to do this and the instructions are not clear at all!
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    The second photo on page 2 shows the valves in "bypass" mode. This allows you to fill the water lines--but not the Alde HW tank--with antifreeze. If you are not using antifreeze (i.e., just blowing the lines with air) then there is no compelling reason to set the valves in bypass mode. I agree that the instructions are a bit obtuse.

On a related note, the fourth image on page 3 is also misleading. It says you do not need to use the Alde safety relief valve (yellow flap thingy) to winterize. While that may be true with regard to blowing lines or adding antifreeze, you do need to use this valve to drain the water in the Alde HW tank prior to winterizing.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    It also appears the 2016 manual is an expanded--though not appreciably different--version of the 2014/2015 manual. The only difference I can see between the model years is the addition of the mixing valve (which apparently plays no role in winterizing) in 2016.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    edited September 2016
    @ScottG, there were many previous discussions that the mixing valve was the only difference. Mine is a 2015 Alde in a 2014 body. That caused me some confusion until I figured out the insides are all 2015.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    I wish someone who has done this successfully and who has decent writing skills would write a good step by step procedure, with pictures.
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York