Options

Bye, Y'all... ADDRESS ADDED TO SEND CARDS

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    edited October 2016
    Thanks for the update on Booger, Larry. While I'm sure Booger would have provided you with companionship on your journey, you made sure he was going to be well taken care of. That's a great trait, Larry, taking care of your best friend first. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    dmerzbacdmerzbac Member Posts: 289
    Larry, I never met you, but feel you are a kindred spirit. Fight this with all of your heart. As others have noted, doctors have on occasion been known to be wrong. Peace. Dave

2017 T@b 320 - 'Smokey'  2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport - 'B@ndit'
    Dave - Tuscaloosa, Al

• Options
    RollingLagrimaRollingLagrima Member Posts: 435
    edited October 2016
    •Love•
    Sally, "PlaT@Bus" 2016 T@B Sofitel Maxx-S (plata=silver; SP), previously Little Guy 2014 Silver Shadow LE, TV -- 2013 Chevy Avalanche + two hounds.
  • Options
    larrygonlarrygon Member Posts: 255
    Larry, I feel honored that I was able to see you and booger in Durango Colorado. When you told me you were not feeling well I would never have thought this would be the diagnosis! You will be missed in person but I know you will hang out here on the forum and let us know how you are doing. You will be missed at T@BAzona in January. Thank you for sharing yourself and booger with the T@Bbers. We love ya!
    Larry
    "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." Albert Einstein
    2015 T@B M@X S White with Grey trim | TV 2021 Ascent Touring | Flagstaff AZ.
  • Options
    EmyEmy Member Posts: 24
    Praying for you. 
    emily . northern ohio . 2015 320s . jeep wrangler
  • Options
    Restless_NativeRestless_Native Member Posts: 116
    Larry, I was so moved by your posts. I have spent an entire career working with folks who have been told they have a life-limiting illness. I have watched, with wonder and admiration, those who take the attitude that they are LIVING with a life-limiting illness, not dying from one. I think you are one of those folks. You will always have a chair at my campfire. Amanda
    Amanda, Ft. Myers, FL Ag@tha 2017 T@B CS-S  , TV: 2013 Chevy Equinoz LTZ

• Options
    I received a text from Larry tonight. He had one surgery yesterday to remove part of the cancer and to put a tracheotomy in. Tomorrow will be surgery to put a feeding tube in. He will have radiation every weekday for the next 6 weeks, beginning Thursday, and then an evaluation.

He sounds to be in better spirits. He wants to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers. So, everyone keep sending those positive thoughts and prayers--they help, and I'm sure Larry will be reading here. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    marknjudymarknjudy Member Posts: 378
    Praying for you, Larry. 
    Mark - 2016 T@b Max S (Silver/Red), 2012 F-150
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357
    Larry - please know that everyone on this forum is wishing you the very best. I'll be buying a "Route 66" item on Amazon for my desk to remind me each day of your journey.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Larry, when life gets 'ya down, just think pink flamingo skivvies! Best to you in your journey to getting better. Keep a smile on your face, and a good positive attitude, and only good things will happen!
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    cbarnhillcbarnhill Member Posts: 330
    Larry:  bless your heart. Hang in there. I've been thru 6-weeks of radiation and it wasn't bad at all.  I hope it's that way for you, too. Hope you are well enough to take frank up on his offer.  
    Cindy with my 2015 MaxS (Puppy) and my 2015 Subaru Outback (Boo)
  • Options
    csturcstur Member Posts: 26
    Larry, I was glad to see your update from Verna. I was thinking the same thing Frank was, wondering if you were able to fly out to AZ in January. Take comfort in the fact that lot's of folks are sending you healing energy and positive thoughts, hang in there. Carol
    Carol, Shingletown, CA, 2015 T@B M@xx-Q Silver/Black, 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee
  • Options
    =) Larry - just to clarify - you can use my Outback while I bunk with good friends in Wickenburg.  I didn't want you thinking we'd be sharing the Outback.  I like you, just not that much!
  • Options
    OutbackAZ said:
    =) Larry - just to clarify - you can use my Outback while I bunk with good friends in Wickenburg.  I didn't want you thinking we'd be sharing the Outback.  I like you, just not that much!
    My sentiments, too, Frank. I like Larry, but we're not good enough friends to share my T@B...  no offense!   Thanks for the offer for Larry, Frank, and hopefully Larry will feel up to take advantage of it. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    LibrarydragonLibrarydragon Member Posts: 103
    Praying and sending positive thoughts.
    Sara&Carl
    2015 max s outback, TV 2011 RAV4, V6, 4x4, & 2017 Tacoma Off-road 4x4
    Soquel, CA
  • Options
    I think of you every day Larry! Sending you warm fuzzies and healing vibes. 
    Sally, "PlaT@Bus" 2016 T@B Sofitel Maxx-S (plata=silver; SP), previously Little Guy 2014 Silver Shadow LE, TV -- 2013 Chevy Avalanche + two hounds.
  • Options
    DurangoTaBDurangoTaB Member Posts: 754
    Best wishes Larry!  I see Booger giving you the high five, even without opposable thumbs ;-)
    take care...

J.D. & Sue

Durango, CO    2014/15 S M@xx :  "Dory's HabiT@B"  Keep on swimming...

• Options
    FloridalohaFloridaloha Member Posts: 68
    I am new here so haven't had a chance to interact with you much, but it is clear you are very well liked and cared for by this group! I hope you will allow yourself to do whatever you want right now, go clear your bucket list. Please keep in touch and let us know how you are doing. My best thoughts go your way. We will all be there someday. 
  • Options
    Thanks for making the trip out and for the update Verna. I am happy to hear he has family by his side. 
  • Options
    Thanks so much for the update Verna.  So glad, and I mean really glad to hear Larry has family with him during this time.  My "Route 66" sign arrived on Friday. Each time I look at it, it reminds me of Larry and Booger and that I should find some enjoyment today.
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Verna, Thanks for the update, and most of all, taking the time to visit a dear friend. I know seeing you probably meant a lot to him. We were really glad to hear of his awesome support system in his family, and I'm quite sure he is extremely thankful to have family close by to assist him.
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    @OutbackAZ, by the way, Frank, Larry smiled when I showed him your post with the Route 66 on it ;)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    IrishCamper74IrishCamper74 Member Posts: 237
    Thank you, Verna, for the update.
    Light a campfire and everyone's a storyteller. ~John Geddes

2017 t@b CS, silver with green trim.
    TV: 2017 Honda Ridgeline.
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    You are an angel Verna and you and I have talked off forum about our friend Larry.  In as much as I've been thinking about Larry for quite some time I've waited to post as I felt pretty bad when I heard the news so will post some thoughts up here.

Larry, I will just say that I have always considered you (and Booger) a friend from the first time we got to meet down at Atwood Lake in Mineral Springs, Ohio at the Little Guy rally a few years back.  You have always been a top shelf guy, very warm, outgoing, supportive and friendly, just as I knew you would be since we have communicated a lot in the past on both forum areas.  I don't have to reiterate what others have already said above, but I think you know I am pulling for you 150%, have been praying for your complete recovery and I would just ask as a friend that you fight this battle with every cell in your body as I know others have survived, even after having been told that their time was limited.  Obviously these are things we all ponder in our lives, our own mortality and if and when we are told we have something we will need medically treated whether it be a heart condition, cancer or some other neurological disorder or disease.  

Obviously we are all traveling along the same pathway in life and will depart this world at the same station, not needing any luggage for the trip, but hopefully hanging onto the ticket of faith as I always carry with me wherever I go and truly believe in it and in him.  Please know that all your buddies here on the forum are with you (we are here for you, we care about you and will continue to pray for you) and I ask that you do keep in touch when you feel so inclined and to not give up the ship as there is power/strength and internal healing that can be summoned from within and I would enjoy nothing more than to be able to sit around a campfire again with you so hold that thought!  

Best wishes Larry and may God touch you with his healing hands and from his divine power!
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    marknjudymarknjudy Member Posts: 378
    Michigan_Mike: beautifully written! 

Larry: continuing to pray for you, and hoping to meet you one day. 
    Mark - 2016 T@b Max S (Silver/Red), 2012 F-150
  • Options
    LARKLARK Member Posts: 146
    Larry,
     I have not been on in a while and could'nt belive this news. Hope you are hanging in there and receiving your treatment. Just wanted to say that there has been recent studies on ATC because of it's resistance to conventional treatment. Viral Oncology is a new method to treating cancers and has shown significant infectious activity against human ATC. Further studies are needed but hang in there, maybe you will see a treatment. Know this, you will see Booger again in this life or the next. God speed!
    M@rk and Donn@ : 2015 T@B S Max, Silver/Black, 2008 Toyota Beef Taco DC
  • Options
    luv2travelluv2travel Member Posts: 50
    Larry, we have never met but it is quite obvious you have left a very positive impact with so many people.  I wish you peace in this difficult journey, and like others have said, try to remain open to new possibilities. -Sharon
    2012 T@B L, 2020 Honda Passport Touring